The New Quirk Pass

5 replies to this topic

#1 The Lost Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 585 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 07:16 AM

I like the -2b, it still has the extra module slot, and has good accell buffs. The med pulse range got hit hard. The best you can do is 242m. The med las is the way to go now on the -2b. With the module you get 297 range, and can fit a xl 320, bap, 5 dhs, with ferro, and endo. You have the extra module so take the sensor range module combined with BAP for spotting.

Edited by Lemming of the BDA, 17 November 2015 - 07:17 AM.

#2 The Lost Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 585 posts

Posted 21 November 2015 - 03:01 AM

For the fans of the -2b, id take that build to the -2a now. Its got buffed full shield arms, can twist like crazy, and turns much better. On a hot map you can still alpha 4 times with 5 mpls in 7 secs and not over heat. And get slightly better nominal range too. 297, vs 286ish. Its about 3 kph slower with the xl 300 but everone will be a little slower. It more than makes up for it in the turn radius wich is way tighter than before.

#3 Jabilac

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 172 posts
  • LocationSouthern Ohio, USA

Posted 21 November 2015 - 04:52 PM

Cicada quirks really create a difference between each Variant. The live quirks do nothing but shoehorn you into using certain weapons but these new quirks make you think differently about your approach.

2A - More geared toward longer range fighting. The Laser Duration(15%) and Energy Range(25%) quirks really help on the larger long distance weapons.

2B - More geared toward quick strikes. Energy Cooldown(20%) and Energy Heat Gen(20%) mixed with Turn Rate(35%) and Torso Yaw Speed(25%) make this variant stand out in urban brawling situations.

3M - Overall a small upgrade from Live.

x5 - Nice generalized quirks. Highest Torso Yaw Speed(30%) and Energy Range(35%) quirks of all the variants. Great at all ranges.

3F - Nice Energy Cooldown(20%), minimal Energy Heat Gen(10%) and Laser Duration(10%) quirks. Jump Jets become a must because of the lackluster agility and mobility quirks.

3C - Weakest variant. Not enough tonnage to really use the Ballistic hardpoints effectively and the Energy quirks push it to use the ERPPC. Unbelievable mobility quirks(Accel/Decel 70%) but weak agility quirks Torso Yaw Speed(20%) Torso Yaw Angle(+18). Needs more mobility quirks - Turn Speed boost - Top Speed Boost - Hill Climb Boost - ect... Something to offset the loss in firepower.

#4 suit1337

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 33 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 03:19 PM

@Jabiliac - i agree with you, except the 3C

you can fit a Large Pulse Laser, 4 Machine Guns and a tons of Ammo in this littly guy and still have heat efficiency of 2 (XL320) or you want to go faster use a 340 and sacrifice "some" heat efficiency

it is a very powerfull support mech at the moment: target your enemies and attack weakspots to open up the creamy core at the right spot and use the machineguns to deal insane ammounts of critical hits to dismember your enemies

the only downside is the low armor, so you're pretty ****** against lights: due to lag you won't hit anything mit the MGs

#5 BlackHeroe

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 109 posts
  • LocationKasselhague

Posted 26 November 2015 - 02:40 PM

Most looks fine, a little bit more usage of this light-medium Mech.
But the 2B Buffing i dont like very much, it will make it much less be viable for the Puls-MLs. But its also not atm very good compared to other chassis, the quirks atm yust brng it what cicada dont has.

#6 The Lost Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 585 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 12:32 AM

I agree Black Heroe. I will be switching my 5 med pulse from the 2B, to the 2A. The X-5 will be fun also with 4 med las, and 2 srm 6, or even 4 med las and 2 lrm 5.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users