Hiding Debate Solved

73 replies to this topic

#21 Jun Watarase

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 11:05 AM

Nothing has changed because it takes an amazing amount of violations and reports to get banned. I have seen posts elsewhere by people who bragged that it tooks weeks for PGI to ban their troll accounts (accounts created for the sole purpose of getting banned) despite massive amounts of tking and other griefing.

#22 Trev Firestorm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 11:32 AM

Ya know, removing skirmish removes the problem all together, just saying.

#23 Lugh

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 3,910 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 11:36 AM

View Postmogs01gt, on 16 December 2015 - 07:05 AM, said:

we do not have a in-game report utility yet though so their updated CoC is moot..

We do. Click their name choose the reason for the report. Easy mode.

#24 Kaeb Odellas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,934 posts
  • LocationKill the meat, save the metal

Posted 16 December 2015 - 11:39 AM

View Postsycocys, on 16 December 2015 - 07:16 AM, said:

This one is kind of bothersome because there is actually two matches happening simultaneously - The drop, and the match for the planet.
Holding a good group in a match to limit is actually a reasonable strategy to keep their impact on the match for the planet controlled.

If I'm in a pug team and I drop against a 12-man CW powerhouse, it is in the best interest of my faction as a whole if we delay the 12-man for as long as possible.

#25 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 16 December 2015 - 11:40 AM

View PostDarkMetalBlade, on 16 December 2015 - 09:06 AM, said:

Seems like all points lead to the players being forced to fight to the death, which I doubt is conducive to a healthy playerbase...

Not if I can help it!

Posted Image

#26 DAYLEET

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 16 December 2015 - 11:49 AM

View PostTrev Firestorm, on 16 December 2015 - 11:32 AM, said:

Ya know, removing skirmish removes the problem all together, just saying.

Yep, the voting system made me remember the real reason i had skirmish unchecked. I somehow created a nicer memory in my mind(boring, always the same) but really it's because of the kind of people that are attracted to team deathmatch.

#27 dario03

• Galaxy Commander
  • 3,627 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 11:51 AM

Ceasing to meaningfully contribute for the remainder of the match if you still have support equipment, useful modules, or weapons (with any necessary ammo) available. Losing your primary weapon is not an acceptable excuse for hiding and/or shutting down if you still have a secondary weapon, a support-based item such as a TAG, or a consumable module available for use.

Wait, what if you have no weapons but a coolshot still available. They're like you must spend that 40,000! Power up, spend it, shut back down :)

No but really I would just change that to say if you are alive you must keep helping. You can still help with no weapons, consumables, tag, ecm. You can still draw fire to spread damage across your team, you can still spot, and you can still possibly help intimidate the enemy (2 mechs is more intimidating than 1 mech if you don't know that one has no weapons).

#28 Malagant

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 215 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 12:06 PM

Putting in the CoC, the expectation that people should be little ******* and tattletale when the bad man makes me play a little longer is asinine. Grow up some...

#29 Jman5

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 12:15 PM

So basically all the people using common sense were right, while all the people trying to justify being a jerk were wrong. Can't say I'm surprised.

#30 Agent 0 Fortune

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,403 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 12:31 PM

View PostMalagant, on 16 December 2015 - 12:06 PM, said:

Putting in the CoC, the expectation that people should be little ******* and tattletale when the bad man makes me play a little longer is asinine.  Grow up some...

Great post, not even a hint of sarcasm, or even self-awareness.

I would like to point out that if players conducted themselves appropriately, this game wouldn't need a report system, or such descriptive Codes of Conduct. But a few entitled, selfish, self-indulged players made it a necessity.
I would point out that, if those rules clarifications apply to you, you should consider the negative impact are you as an individual having on the game. Of course if you are that person, your narcissism and sociopathy probably preclude the level of empathy required to recognize this.

#31 Aresye

• Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 12:36 PM

Putting in the CoC, the expectation that people should be little ******* and tattletale when the bad man makes me play a little longer is asinine. Grow up some...

I'd more likely say the last player with no weapons, no strikes, that's one shot away from death, and is hiding powered down for 9 straight minutes in order to protect their precious KDR, is the one needing to do a bit of growing up.

I'm glad they put it in the CoC now. Shows me PGI at least has some common sense.

#32 mark v92

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 441 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 12:47 PM

Problem is, in that situation it isnt 'playing' anymore. its waiting.
MM makes me wait long enough for a match and i joined a match to shoot robots, not play hide and seek with the last mech.

#33 GRiPSViGiL

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,904 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationHillsboro, OR

Posted 16 December 2015 - 12:57 PM

It is all still very subjective and just like anything you can't know someone intentions so if I find myself last guy I will pick and choose my fight whether that be shutting down for a couple mins to allow enemies to spread apart or whatever I decide I want to do. That doesn't mean I am running the time to grieve everyone it just mean I am not gonna suicide into an out numbered situation just because.

Why isn't ejecting put into the casual matches or is it?

Edited by GRiPSViGiL, 16 December 2015 - 12:59 PM.

#34 Mazzyplz

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,292 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 01:01 PM

i have been reporting non participation before they even announce this.
good that they made this clear now.

come on... respect the CoC!

#35 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 16 December 2015 - 01:05 PM

View PostMazzyplz, on 16 December 2015 - 01:01 PM, said:

i have been reporting non participation before they even announce this.
good that they made this clear now.

come on... respect the CoC!

I have no desire to validate the ADHD types, especially because everyone signed up for 15 minutes max. Besides, I can't read the mind of the last player and as such I have no sure way of knowing whether it's because of stats, a clever ruse, or just sheer determination to make the enemy earn the last kill. As such, I will not be reporting such occurrences.

Edited by Mystere, 16 December 2015 - 04:46 PM.

#36 Malagant

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 215 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 01:07 PM

View Postmark v92, on 16 December 2015 - 12:47 PM, said:

Problem is, in that situation it isnt 'playing' anymore. its waiting.
MM makes me wait long enough for a match and i joined a match to shoot robots, not play hide and seek with the last mech.

You are telling me, that in war, when you are clearly beat, you are just going to surrender, allowing yourself to be caught/killed? Sticking it to the enemy, especially when they have defeated you shows, to me, that you still have the spirit of the fight left in you... This system teaches capitulation, which I will never acquiesce to. If you have to hunt me down in order to get that last kill, so be it...

#37 Mazzyplz

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,292 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 01:09 PM

View PostMystere, on 16 December 2015 - 01:05 PM, said:

I have no desire to validate the ADHD types, especially because everyone singed up for 15 minutes max. Besides, I can't read the mind of the last player and as such I have no sure way of knowing whether it's because of stats, a clever ruse, or just sheer determination to make the enemy earn the last kill. As such, I will not be reporting such occurrences.

i am talking specifically about a certain dire wolf player who waited until everyone else died, several games in a row.
i reported him for non participation and told him i did so. i also urged other players to do the same cause it was frankly ridiculous.

if you have a sniper ecm mech then i will gladly wait until you out maneuver and get them kills.

#38 1453 R

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,564 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 01:26 PM

My God…they actually updated their non-participation rules to make sense?

We actually have something we can throw at the idjits who insist that playing Catch-The-Spider for ten minutes after a bad match is a Legitimate Strategy™?

Whelp, that’s it. Piranha can take the rest of the year off. Good job, boys. I must bookmark this thread for use in future seal-clubbing contests when someone else decides their KDR is too shiny and chrome to risk besmirching by actually playing MWO.

#39 mark v92

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 441 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 01:32 PM

View PostMalagant, on 16 December 2015 - 01:07 PM, said:

You are telling me, that in war, when you are clearly beat, you are just going to surrender, allowing yourself to be caught/killed? Sticking it to the enemy, especially when they have defeated you shows, to me, that you still have the spirit of the fight left in you... This system teaches capitulation, which I will never acquiesce to. If you have to hunt me down in order to get that last kill, so be it...

This isnt war, its just a game made to give people a good time..

Not hinding isnt the same as surrendering. im not saying you should just walk into them and die. By all means give them a good fight but dont hide for 10min to preserve your kdr or whatever. Your wasting everybody's time and as of now is clearly against the coc.

#40 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 01:47 PM

Now, this is where I'll catch some flak, but...

If I'm playing Conquest or Assault, I'm the last 'mech alive and I lack either the weaponry or maneuverability to have a reasonable chance at winning, then I'm shutting down. Cap the base / capture points, you'll win in short order. Skirmish? LEEROY JENKINS!

There have been occasions where I know the enemy have been slow so I could cap points or core them to (try and) secure a win. There have been more occasions when I was outnumbered and damaged, but felt I had sufficient firepower to fight and win - sometimes I do, others I don't. But if I'm outnumbered, outgunned and outmaneuvered (and it's not Skirmish)? I'm pressing 'P'

46 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 46 guests, 0 anonymous users