Skirmish? LEEROY JENKINS! Ninja!

FTFY. Posted Image

#42 Mazzyplz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,292 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 02:32 PM

View PostJay Leon Hart, on 16 December 2015 - 01:47 PM, said:

Now, this is where I'll catch some flak, but...

If I'm playing Conquest or Assault, I'm the last 'mech alive and I lack either the weaponry or maneuverability to have a reasonable chance at winning, then I'm shutting down. Cap the base / capture points, you'll win in short order. Skirmish? LEEROY JENKINS!

There have been occasions where I know the enemy have been slow so I could cap points or core them to (try and) secure a win. There have been more occasions when I was outnumbered and damaged, but felt I had sufficient firepower to fight and win - sometimes I do, others I don't. But if I'm outnumbered, outgunned and outmaneuvered (and it's not Skirmish)? I'm pressing 'P'

cool.
people will press REPORT.
you should accept that now rather than later

#43 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 16 December 2015 - 02:46 PM

View PostJay Leon Hart, on 16 December 2015 - 01:47 PM, said:

Now, this is where I'll catch some flak, but...

If I'm playing Conquest or Assault, I'm the last 'mech alive and I lack either the weaponry or maneuverability to have a reasonable chance at winning, then I'm shutting down. Cap the base / capture points, you'll win in short order. Skirmish? LEEROY JENKINS!

There have been occasions where I know the enemy have been slow so I could cap points or core them to (try and) secure a win. There have been more occasions when I was outnumbered and damaged, but felt I had sufficient firepower to fight and win - sometimes I do, others I don't. But if I'm outnumbered, outgunned and outmaneuvered (and it's not Skirmish)? I'm pressing 'P'

That's rude and disrespectful, and is not welcome in this community. If I see you do that, I'll report you and ask everyone else in game to do so, too.

#44 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 16 December 2015 - 02:51 PM

View PostProsperity Park, on 16 December 2015 - 02:46 PM, said:

That's rude and disrespectful, and is not welcome in this community. If I see you do that, I'll report you and ask everyone else in game to do so, too.

Maybe the game should have a command that makes the mech get down on it's knees, bow it's head, and put its arms behind its back as if preparing for execution via a shot from behind. Posted Image

Edited by Mystere, 16 December 2015 - 02:58 PM.

#45 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 02:56 PM

View PostMystere, on 16 December 2015 - 02:51 PM, said:

Maybe the game should have a command that makes the mech get down on it's knees, bow it's head, and put its arms behind it's back as if preparing for execution via a shot from behind. Posted Image

I'd settle for an eject outside of CW Posted Image

#46 Moldur

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 03:02 PM

View Postsycocys, on 16 December 2015 - 07:37 AM, said:

Because in terms of losing the planet - Losing 1 pie every 30 minutes while the rest of your faction recovers/gains other pies is more advantageous than letting that group drop every 15 minute and possibly/probably taking another piece of pie.

If you can stop that one team from playing enough matches to swing the planet into their control - then it is a completely viable strategy even if you are going to lose the drop.

In the same vain, it could be used to postpone a group from getting another match before ceasefire.

People act rationally, so if they can do it, and it makes sense to do it, they'll probably try to do it.

#47 sycocys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,600 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 03:12 PM

View PostMoldur, on 16 December 2015 - 03:02 PM, said:

In the same vain, it could be used to postpone a group from getting another match before ceasefire.

People act rationally, so if they can do it, and it makes sense to do it, they'll probably try to do it.

Which is still in line with delaying their forces in an attempt to win the planet match.

There's really only 2 parts to the CW game, and very little strategy to go around, what's the point of banning part of what little bit of strategy there is to be had?

#48 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 16 December 2015 - 03:27 PM

View Postsycocys, on 16 December 2015 - 03:12 PM, said:

Which is still in line with delaying their forces in an attempt to win the planet match.

There's really only 2 parts to the CW game, and very little strategy to go around, what's the point of banning part of what little bit of strategy there is to be had?

Community Warfare is supposed to be won through combat. If you exploit the timer to try and keep teams deployed, etc., as some form of devious MetaGame, then you are exploiting game features nefariously.

Exploitation. Not allowed.

That strategy is only used by true losers, and they should be banned from CW. Not the whole game, per se, but definitely from CW. They should still be allowed to play in quick matches, but their unit should be disbanded, their unit coffer confiscated, and the player ID's banned from CW matches.

Edited by Prosperity Park, 16 December 2015 - 03:28 PM.

#49 sycocys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,600 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 03:34 PM

If they didn't want to have a "meta" level warfare strategy then they should have not developed a map that revolves around capturing planets by awarding a part to hold.

Now if they don't like that aspect of their own system, then its on them to come up with something better/different - until then any strategy that has a place in the planetary war is and should always be acceptable at the drop level.

#50 VinJade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 02:54 AM

only problem I see is when they threw in tag, that is NOT a weapon and if there is no missile support units left in game then it is worthless and should not be counted against the person, same with BAP/ECMs/UAVs, if you have nothing to use it with then it is stupid to include those items.

they might as well install a 'eject' button to help end the match if the player has no weapons at all left to use.

#51 sneeking

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,586 posts
  • Locationwest OZ

Posted 30 December 2015 - 03:04 AM

I don't need eject, if i have no weapons left you will know exactly where i am...

The loud clunk you hear will be me !

Ramming you ;)

#52 VinJade

• 1,211 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 03:08 AM

I have leg humped a medium mech to death once, very embarrassing for the both of us, and I felt dirty after words...

#53 MrMadguy

• 2,209 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 03:18 AM

I wanna ask PGI, what category of "NON-PARTICIPATION" menu should I use to report hiding players? Currently we have "SUICIDING", "AFK" and "DISCONNECTING". But hiding player isn't falling under any of this categories. What should I do to report him?

#54 VinJade

• 1,211 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 03:23 AM

I think Disconnecting is fair to do if they hate the map, and over heating is good when you are going to die anyways and might as well go out with a blaze of glory and as long as you are trying to deal as much damage as you can then I see nothing wrong with it.

of course I can't over heat anymore so it's a moot point on my part, lol.

though if given a choice of ejecting option(grayed out until you have no weapons left and counts as a loss and last player that hits get's the 'kill) I am sure some would take it.

Edited by VinJade, 30 December 2015 - 03:25 AM.

#55 sneeking

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,586 posts
  • Locationwest OZ

Posted 30 December 2015 - 03:29 AM

Hiding character doesn't have a category in the report system, character is hiding and hiding is a game action so cannot be non participation.

#56 VinJade

• 1,211 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 03:33 AM

@ Sneeking
however many hate those that do because it draws out the match.
I remember hiding when I was still a green horn and then as time went on I got better and less worried because I play to have fun and the k/d things doesn't matter to me, doesn't mean I will slack off or anything.

#57 Kuritaclan

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,838 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 December 2015 - 04:00 AM

View Postmark v92, on 16 December 2015 - 12:47 PM, said:

Problem is, in that situation it isnt 'playing' anymore. its waiting.
MM makes me wait long enough for a match and i joined a match to shoot robots, not play hide and seek with the last mech.

If you don't wanna play hide and seek - EQUIP BAP and get into the matches with a light mech! IF you can't do that you have to suck it up buttercup.

As all of the rest who applaud such coc crap, that eliminate ones more the "tactical" in description.

#58 Catra Lanis

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,182 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 30 December 2015 - 04:25 AM

I'm probably one of the few who don't get upset. Our team got wiped in skirmish, we played bad to be frank. One Shadowcat remained, he was basically a red torso and two legs. He ran around for a while then shut down. He told us he was sorry but he wanted to survive. Me and another guy told him that's cool. "Play however you want, not your fault we messed up." Then I went for a soda.

#59 MrMadguy

• 2,209 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 04:51 AM

View PostCatra Lanis, on 30 December 2015 - 04:25 AM, said:

I'm probably one of the few who don't get upset. Our team got wiped in skirmish, we played bad to be frank. One Shadowcat remained, he was basically a red torso and two legs. He ran around for a while then shut down. He told us he was sorry but he wanted to survive. Me and another guy told him that's cool. "Play however you want, not your fault we messed up." Then I went for a soda.

Nothing bad in it, when you're dead and hiding player is in your team. But it's just terrible, when he is in enemy team and you're still alive.

P.S. Finally got my 1.8M CB and free 'Mech b...errr...CN9-AH.

Edited by MrMadguy, 30 December 2015 - 04:51 AM.

#60 sneeking

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,586 posts
  • Locationwest OZ

Posted 30 December 2015 - 05:19 AM

Im quoting rules not voicing an opinion on the matter.

I already stated my position, when a match is lost and there is no strategic option left to me which involves concealment then you will know without doubt my location because i will find you before you find me.

49 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 49 guests, 0 anonymous users