When Is Tech Becomes Clan...

11 replies to this topic

#1 Haralachan

• Pip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 02:57 PM

I've figured it out, Russ... now we know the truth!

Why do IS mechs seem so much more powerful now? Because they're really just reskinned Timbies!

Posted Image

GG, PGI.

Edited by Haralachan, 16 December 2015 - 03:38 PM.

#2 Brian Davion

• PipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 67 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 03:26 PM

are you sure you didn't just discover the WIP Rakasha? :)

#3 Autobot9000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 02 January 2016 - 04:44 PM

It's when the stat redundant quirk system sneaks in and gives IS mechs more range than Clan mechs... Can't stop laughing or should I cry?

#4 Jack Spade Ward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 432 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 02 January 2016 - 08:04 PM

View PostAutobot9000, on 02 January 2016 - 04:44 PM, said:

It's when the stat redundant quirk system sneaks in and gives IS mechs more range than Clan mechs... Can't stop laughing or should I cry?

Switch to IS, i did, after playing clan since day 1!!! We all know that clans are dead...
As IS player, the meta is... great!!! Can you believe that i have a quickdraw that goes up to 1800 m? And there are so many option to choose your meta, black jacks, stalkers, thunderbolts, ravens, black knights, Atlas (yes, even the Atlas!!!!), king crabs, quickdraws,... so many...

While on the clans you have... nothing right now... hellbringers and ebon jaguars seem to be the ones that can still do something (and those will be nerfed im sure)... cheetas are useless now... timbers are a laugh... stormcrows are just for show...

So, what do you expect? Let the 5th succession war start ;)

by the way, i can see the IIC mechs be the ones that will be able to do something (omni pods are way over rated), until those also get nerfed... its clan so you know that those will be nerfed lol

#5 Peter Overheater

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 119 posts
  • LocationGazorpazorp

Posted 02 January 2016 - 08:44 PM

Nah, forget the IIC, paper Mechs. I am really disappointed that i wasted the money on them. Its really a shame how unreflectetd the "balancing" is done. But who cares, as long as you dont twitter a brown-nosy message nobody cares...

Ah, and if you want to do 12-man Public matches, you're also rekt. Great Times for Clan Perma Units.

#6 Autobot9000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 02 January 2016 - 08:59 PM

God I was so tempted with the Hunchback IIC... 2x UAC20 on a 50 tonner... Any clan guys dream

#7 Peter Overheater

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 119 posts
  • LocationGazorpazorp

Posted 02 January 2016 - 09:10 PM

If the IIC would get some quirks like the IS, yes it would be nice. It wouldn't need all of them, either structure, cooldown or reduced jam chance. Arms not usable to shield while twisting, in addition to slow twist speeds like all relevant Clan Mechs have now made the mech a big joke. Just keep your Money for other, better things.

#8 Jack Spade Ward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 432 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 03 January 2016 - 01:26 PM

View PostAutobot9000, on 02 January 2016 - 08:59 PM, said:

God I was so tempted with the Hunchback IIC... 2x UAC20 on a 50 tonner... Any clan guys dream

Those IIC mechs can be fun! Use them as their IS mech counterpart, it makes them usefull, but not that much! They dont have the quirks that makes those IS so good. The jenner gets kill so easelly... the hunchback seems so slughish and as it is made of paper, the orion can be usefull but dont expect much, the highlander... well its DOA...

Dont waste your money on those, trust me...

PS- if the heatsinks werent nerfed and the lasers, maybe theycould be good...

#9 Half Ear

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 148 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 08:16 PM

View PostPeter Overheater, on 02 January 2016 - 09:10 PM, said:

If the IIC would get some quirks like the IS, yes it would be nice. It wouldn't need all of them, either structure, cooldown or reduced jam chance. Arms not usable to shield while twisting, in addition to slow twist speeds like all relevant Clan Mechs have now made the mech a big joke. Just keep your Money for other, better things.

Most IS mechs are humanoid mechs, just like the IIC. Primarily the ones that perform/preferred have the ability to dish out laser vomit, have the quirks to make it even more effective, but more so has great hardpoint locations, especially MWO has not provided the ability to raise the low slung arms to fire over obstacles. Of the humanoid Clan mechs, the Hellbringer w/its ECM and weapon placement (and previously synergy between Gauss Rifle/ERML) is the best one of the lot. Both the Highlander and Orion suffers from low hardpoint location, and the Highlander suffers from the lack of hardpoints and the neutered JJ effects. Even though hunchback line had some decent quirks and torso hardpoint locations, the lack of shielding arms with low hanging weapon points does not do well for it.

Edited by Half Ear, 03 January 2016 - 08:16 PM.

#10 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 11:39 PM

they really need to get rid of weapon quirks and just balance the weapons without quirks.

#11 Autobot9000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 February 2016 - 10:51 AM

Well they try to make all chassis viable through the quirk system, that's their goal. So they try to balance the game pieces vs each other and not try to achieve a "global" balance IS vs Clan.

The ironic thing here is: IS chassis were totally unique before MWO. You can't customize a Battlemech! Hence it's fricking unique. Now a clan pilot is typically not allowed to choose his build when given a mission by his commander. He will get a battlemech and loadout of his commanders choice.

If you respect the Battletech rules you could come up with a game, that's making Battletech fans happy. If you go down the quirk road you might end up trying to buy non-Battletech fans into a Robot shooter, but it's just not good enough. This game is in serious need of a game concept other than 12 people shoot 12 other people.

But it might be too late. The time it takes to find a game indicates most peoeple have already given up on MWO.

Edited by Autobot9000, 06 February 2016 - 10:52 AM.

#12 Fr0z7y

• PipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 66 posts
  • Locationbehind 73h_m0nz73r

Posted 19 February 2016 - 02:47 AM

clans need to return to their former glory of exactly what was on table top in reference to damage, heat, blah blah blah, but be limited in cw to a 10v12 with zellbriggen. quirks are apart of tt rules, they are in many of the rule books. currently quirks provide the player a reason to actually stick to that build on their mech over making somewhat an "omni" mech, which they are not omnimechs like you say.

even in table top you could swap out the weapons, that's why they have mechs in the stories that were unique to a commander or other hero that has different weapons in place of other weapons.

take a bmw for example, stock it performs a very specific way, but then you can put aftermarket parts on it and make it perform a bit better or differently based on the way you drive it.

mechs were prized possessions, and the units that had the money to do so, with the pilots that had the ability to do so, would change out some parts of mechs based on the available weapon systems salvaged on the field after a battle.

clan mechs were op, but they had restrictions on the clanners that used them. owning a clan mech was very different in TT rules, especially during specific time lines, and when using them in rpg forms, not skirmish, the parts needed to fix the mech may not come back around, so actually using one in battle even if you had one, meant risking losing a treasure to a stray ac round and not be able to utilize the mech again for ages until you come across the weaponry needed to put onto the mech, hence one of the reasons for the omni pods on mechs to begin with in TT rules.

battletech was very well thought out, the stories were quite vast, and the universe that it was in was very immense, in fact, just thinking about it makes me want to read the books more than playing this game at the moment, as they are nerfing stuff they shouldnt be nerfing.

instead of nerfing stuff, they should leave things the way they were on tabletop, the reload, cooldown, burn times are what should be tweaked. having TT rules for cw would also make having clan mechs prized, but force them to actually lose lp at the end of a match for breaking zellbriggen rather than gaining any lp at all, as well as being able to lose cbills instead of gain cbills, only thing that would be unaffected would be xp gains.

what i mean is, you gain lp at the end of a match if you win a cw match, if you are breaking zellbriggen, it would make you LOSE lp from that specific faction, forcing you to follow the rules when playing cw instead of quickplay, same goes with cbills, if you are breaking zellbriggen, whether you win or lose the match, you could end up with negative lp if you win, definitely negative lp if you lose as you currently recieve no lp if you lose, while also having the possibility of losing cbills if you continued to break zellbriggen so that at the end of the day you could be losing LP AND CBILLS while playing cw for not following the storyline of true mechwarrior/battletech rules.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users