Mute Voip When Player Dies

5 replies to this topic

#1 sycocys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,600 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 03:24 PM

I really want to use Voip for pug drops, but it is seriously unbearable to listen to people drone on and on about how this or that guy sucks and the team can put a d in their b holes after they are dead.

Isn't there some simple way that they can just be automatically muted when they die?

Their comms wouldn't work anyhow, and no one wants to hear them. Please just make this happen for the sake of everyone's sanity and enjoyment of matches.

#2 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,933 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 16 December 2015 - 04:22 PM

sycocys, I agree with your proposal but for a different reason. I have had a couple of matches though where I am thee last or one of the last couple standing against similarly situated opponents. I've had my "dead" teammates warning me where they saw a flash of an enemy on my screen, or where the enemy that just killed them was located. This sort of thing has helped me win only one time that I can think of. But while I was grateful for the help, I couldn't also but feel that this was unfair and unrealistic. So yeah, I think the dead should not speak to the living.

#3 Octopot

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 32 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 06:20 PM

I don't mind it, I feel it is part of the entertainment of the game...hearing them rage, cheer you on, or whatever. Half the time the info they give is sorta wrong, so just take it with a grain of salt and decide.

#4 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,010 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 16 December 2015 - 06:32 PM

They mute people all the time both VoIP and type chat

Then comes back at the end of the game
Just turn them in I am sure PGI will make them misirabley for months

#5 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,600 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 06:40 AM

You shouldn't have to manually mute someone while you are actually still trying to play a match - especially because the margins for error get much smaller once people start dying off, your opportunity to mute shrinks rapidly.

Personally I won't turn voip back on until something like this or permanent muting is made available.

#6 tokumboh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 320 posts
  • LocationBristol UK

Posted 17 December 2015 - 10:11 AM

Ok I have heard the odd, Youtubable event which would make Dojnald Trump sound like an adult but fair to say considering the number of drops I have done they barely register for me. As a Tier 5 it tends to help those whom are having difficulties to say get them to lock on targets i they are using LRMs for example. Since there is not much in the Tutorial regarding things like that. That tends to happen when you are dead and watching. Chat text is just to much to read when you are trying to keep situational awareness.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users