- - - - -

The Jenner Help

30 replies to this topic

#1 BennySkoo

• Pip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationFt. Worth Texas

Posted 16 December 2015 - 05:10 PM

I recently bought two Jenners, I am really feeling the light Mechs. But for some reason I do not have the option to customize it with with omnipods any reason why or maybe im doing something wrong?

#2 TheSilken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts
  • LocationLost in The Warp

Posted 16 December 2015 - 05:15 PM

Jenners (and Jenner IICs the Clan versions) don't have Omnipods as they are standard Battlemechs.

#3 BennySkoo

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 05:23 PM

View PostTheSilken, on 16 December 2015 - 05:15 PM, said:

Jenners (and Jenner IICs the Clan versions) don't have Omnipods as they are standard Battlemechs.

Well im looking to have this load-out what am i missing?

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...e9aa4109c43e3d8

Edited by BennySkoo, 16 December 2015 - 05:24 PM.

#4 TheSilken

• 1,492 posts
  • LocationLost in The Warp

Posted 16 December 2015 - 05:24 PM

Are you using a Jenner IIC or the IS one? Also, if you are using a Jenner IIC are you using the 2/3/4 one?

IS:
Posted Image

Clan:
Posted Image

Edited by TheSilken, 16 December 2015 - 05:29 PM.

#5 Unreliable Mercenary

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 209 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 05:38 PM

View PostBennySkoo, on 16 December 2015 - 05:33 PM, said:

I have the JR7-D and the JR7-F how can i purchase the IIC model i didn't see it in the store forsale?

Those are normal Inner Sphere jenners, the IIC Jenner is from the IIC pack only and can be purchased here: https://mwomercs.com/origins

Real money only at this time, per the FAQ: Jenner IIC (all variants): January 19th for MC and February 16th for C-Bill

If your wanting a quick review, I bought the entire IIC lineup and I love them all, so its worth the cash in my opinion, but if you just want the Jenner, it is the cheapest tier of the pack Posted Image

As for builds for the Inner sphere jenners, you can find some on this list towards the bottom: http://metamechs.com...se/light-mechs/

I personally have no experience building those so maybe someone more knowledgeable will be along shortly to help with that :)

Edited by Owen Miller, 16 December 2015 - 05:41 PM.

#6 BennySkoo

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 06:00 PM

View PostOwen Miller, on 16 December 2015 - 05:38 PM, said:

Those are normal Inner Sphere jenners, the IIC Jenner is from the IIC pack only and can be purchased here: https://mwomercs.com/origins

Real money only at this time, per the FAQ: Jenner IIC (all variants): January 19th for MC and February 16th for C-Bill

If your wanting a quick review, I bought the entire IIC lineup and I love them all, so its worth the cash in my opinion, but if you just want the Jenner, it is the cheapest tier of the pack Posted Image

As for builds for the Inner sphere jenners, you can find some on this list towards the bottom: http://metamechs.com...se/light-mechs/

I personally have no experience building those so maybe someone more knowledgeable will be along shortly to help with that Posted Image

Dude you rock my socks thanks man !!!

#7 Unreliable Mercenary

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 209 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 06:02 PM

View PostBennySkoo, on 16 December 2015 - 06:00 PM, said:

Dude you rock my socks thanks man !!!

No problem, good hunting out there!

#8 BennySkoo

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 06:04 PM

View PostOwen Miller, on 16 December 2015 - 05:38 PM, said:

I personally have no experience building those so maybe someone more knowledgeable will be along shortly to help with that Posted Image

How come they are not offered in the online store? and can i play IIC mechs in quickplay?

#9 A Thermonuclear Warhead

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 06:11 PM

View PostBennySkoo, on 16 December 2015 - 06:04 PM, said:

How come they are not offered in the online store? and can i play IIC mechs in quickplay?

IIC mechs are not offered in the in-game store as they are a pre-order item at the moment. They will be made available in due time.

IIC mechs are just like any other clan mechs. You can use any mech in Quick Play, but for Faction Warfare you can only use IIC mechs if you are on the Clan side (Smoke Jaguar, Ghost Bear, Jade Falcon or Wolf)

#10 Unreliable Mercenary

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 209 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 06:19 PM

View PostBennySkoo, on 16 December 2015 - 06:04 PM, said:

The way they monetize this game is having a pre-order system for new mechs. Basically paying customers take them for a spin first, then eventually they are released for c-bills and MC as individual purchases. Essentially you are paying for early access to new chassis, keeps the servers running. Pre-ordering comes with early adopter rewards if you do so soon enough, the only pack with early adoption rewards right now is the Archer pack.

So in short, IIC mechs are only available to people who buy the pack I linked earlier. Luckily the game has a rather large stable of mechs available for c-bills, and many of them are pretty awesome chassis, so you won't be without options if you choose to play for free, you just have to wait a bit for the new shiny stuff.

#11 BennySkoo

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 06:20 PM

View PostForevermore, on 16 December 2015 - 06:11 PM, said:

IIC mechs are not offered in the in-game store as they are a pre-order item at the moment. They will be made available in due time.

IIC mechs are just like any other clan mechs. You can use any mech in Quick Play, but for Faction Warfare you can only use IIC mechs if you are on the Clan side (Smoke Jaguar, Ghost Bear, Jade Falcon or Wolf)

So IIC mechs are not deliverd to my account right after I but one?

#12 Unreliable Mercenary

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 209 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 06:23 PM

View PostBennySkoo, on 16 December 2015 - 06:20 PM, said:

So IIC mechs are not deliverd to my account right after I but one?

If you buy a mech pack on the website, the mechs are injected into your account at 4 PM PST on the next business day. They run a script that delivers everyones purchases at that time, although I have heard of others getting theres earlier than that.

Essentially if you were to buy the pack now, you would get it sometime tomorrow.

The ingame mastery packs are injected instantly, but IIC are not available in the ingame store right now.

The injection thing is a bit weird honestly, not sure why they do it that way, but it may be for technical reasons.

Edited by Owen Miller, 16 December 2015 - 06:24 PM.

#13 BennySkoo

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 06:25 PM

View PostOwen Miller, on 16 December 2015 - 06:23 PM, said:

If you buy a mech pack on the website, the mechs are injected into your account at 4 PM PST on the next business day. They run a script that delivers everyones purchases at that time, although I have heard of others getting theres earlier than that.

Essentially if you were to buy the pack now, you would get it sometime tomorrow.

The ingame mastery packs are injected instantly, but IIC are not available in the ingame store right now.

This game is really complex has alot you need to know.

#14 Unreliable Mercenary

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 209 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 06:46 PM

View PostBennySkoo, on 16 December 2015 - 06:25 PM, said:

This game is really complex has alot you need to know.

I agree it could be more clear. I had to google all this stuff when I started, and dig through old reddit posts, so I struggled as well.

Weirdly the only mech pack page that lists the time for injection is Clan Wave 1, I think it should be clearly posted on all of them, but perhaps I am missing it.

People on this forum have been very helpful to me though, and I am sure they will answer any questions you have!

Edited by Owen Miller, 16 December 2015 - 06:48 PM.

#15 BennySkoo

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 06:51 PM

View PostOwen Miller, on 16 December 2015 - 06:46 PM, said:

I agree it could be more clear. I had to google all this stuff when I started, and dig through old reddit posts, so I struggled as well.

Weirdly the only mech pack page that lists the time for injection is Clan Wave 1, I think it should be clearly posted on all of them, but perhaps I am missing it.

People on this forum have been very helpful to me though, and I am sure they will answer any questions you have!

Bro you been so helpful thanks man this community has been great.

#16 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 16 December 2015 - 07:02 PM

Just to confirm and make sure things are simple...

- Jenners and Jenner IIC are similar, but not the same. One is Inner Sphere, the other is a Clan retrofit.
- They are both battlemechs, which mean no omnipods. Only omnimechs get omnipods.
- The Jenner IIC is available for cash-purchase only at this time, and you will be able to purchase it for C-Bills starting on Feb.16th.
- If you purchase the Jenner IIC for cash at this time, you will receive it within the hour in your account.
- Similarly, all mechs are cash-only when they are first introduced for two months before they are available for C-Bills in game. Pay-2-early-access.

#17 BennySkoo

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 08:49 PM

View PostTarogato, on 16 December 2015 - 07:02 PM, said:

Just to confirm and make sure things are simple...

- Jenners and Jenner IIC are similar, but not the same. One is Inner Sphere, the other is a Clan retrofit.
- They are both battlemechs, which mean no omnipods. Only omnimechs get omnipods.
- The Jenner IIC is available for cash-purchase only at this time, and you will be able to purchase it for C-Bills starting on Feb.16th.
- If you purchase the Jenner IIC for cash at this time, you will receive it within the hour in your account.
- Similarly, all mechs are cash-only when they are first introduced for two months before they are available for C-Bills in game. Pay-2-early-access.

Thanks ! How do i know if there omni mechs?

Edited by BennySkoo, 16 December 2015 - 08:50 PM.

#18 Fox With A Shotgun

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 08:54 PM

OmniMechs are the ones that can have side torsos, legs and arms switched out with another part taken from another variant of the same OmniMech. Currently that's every single clan mech that isn't a IIC.

#19 BennySkoo

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 09:06 PM

View PostArcturusWolf, on 16 December 2015 - 08:54 PM, said:

OmniMechs are the ones that can have side torsos, legs and arms switched out with another part taken from another variant of the same OmniMech. Currently that's every single clan mech that isn't a IIC.

I dont really get that because I have a Artic Cheetah which is omni and Jenner which is not is there anyway to specifically tell the difference between the two before i buy anymore ?

#20 Fox With A Shotgun

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 09:42 PM

View PostBennySkoo, on 16 December 2015 - 09:06 PM, said:

I dont really get that because I have a Artic Cheetah which is omni and Jenner which is not is there anyway to specifically tell the difference between the two before i buy anymore ?

Without being at a computer with MWO installed I can't tell you. But if you go to http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/ they have a list of all mechs available in MWO. Play around in the MechLab on there and you can check if a mech that catches your eye is an omni or not.

Edit: Or just click on OmniPods on that site, which takes you to a list of all available OmniPods for each OmniMech.

Edited by ArcturusWolf, 16 December 2015 - 09:43 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users