#1 Not A Real RAbbi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationDeath to Aladeen Cafe

Posted 17 December 2015 - 12:24 PM

Okay, Ladies & Germs, listen up.

I hear a lot of whining about P2W and ZOMGIRL$$$WTF.

Check out the event for this weekend. WITHOUT EVER SPENDING A SINGLE DIME OF YOUR OWN MONEY AT ALL, you may win:

-Two (2) days of active Premium Time
-Four (4) packages of C-Bill purchasable comsumable modules (air/artillery strike, UAV, CoolShot)
-Two-Hundred Fifty (250) Mechwarrior Credits (MC)
-Five-Hundred Thousand (500,000) C-Bills
-Paint colors, cockpit items, etc.

To earn those? Look here. It's fairly easy, and a lot of it is cumulative. By "cumulative", they mean that you don't have to do it all in one match, maintain some consistent performance across X matches, or average some number of this or that per match through that period. Some players will inevitably earn ALL of those rewards in as few as six (6) matches. It's actually not that hard (TWSS).

So, no whining. Go get you some. Stuff that P2W talk up your jump jets. Go get your FREE stuff, because it's FREE.

v/r
TheRAbbi

Edited by TheRAbbi, 17 December 2015 - 12:25 PM.

#2 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,961 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 17 December 2015 - 12:33 PM

Where are you hearing that? I've only seen it on the Steam forums - and all of it posted by the liars club of inconsolably angry Islanders still conducting their doomed little misinformation campaign.

#3 Virlutris

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 1,443 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationVery likely goofing off in a match near you.

Posted 17 December 2015 - 12:35 PM

Doo eet!

Free MC and warhorns? Easy decision. (It's "yes" by the way)

#4 Not A Real RAbbi

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,688 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 12:36 PM

General Discussion forum. Seems every time I poke my head in there, to topic is in the first page.

And I seem to recall someone who bought a Steam package recently was grumbling about P2W, too.

It simply ain't so.

Also, nice droppin' with you yesterday. I learned good things from it. Thanks!

#5 S 0 L E N Y A

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,031 posts
  • LocationWest Side

Posted 17 December 2015 - 02:42 PM

Closest thing to p2w in this game is mech bays.
Sure you can win a handful in CW (or FW or whatever the cool kids are calling it).
They are few and between though.

Outside of that, shut up and grind like the rest of us.
The vast majority of the best mechs are available for c-bills.
Many of them don't even cost that much.

Premium time does not help you win.
Custom vanity items give you no edge in performance.

#6 Not A Real RAbbi

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,688 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 02:49 PM

A quick word on the mech bays:

There are thirty (30) free ones out there, waiting for you to claim them. YES, THIRTY FREE MECH BAYS!

One at rank 2, one at rank 6, and one at rank 10, for each faction in FW. Times TEN FW factions. THIRTY.

If you've got 34 C-Bill bought mechs and HAVEN'T had opportunity to earn 300 MC yet from a contest (say, like the one going on right MEOW), we need to talk.

Again, FREE mech bays are there 24/7, with or without the contests. Go get 'em, Tiger. I'll be claiming my first of three from Clan Ghost Bear tonight.

#7 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 17 December 2015 - 02:53 PM

View PostTheRAbbi, on 17 December 2015 - 02:49 PM, said:

A quick word on the mech bays:

There are thirty (30) free ones out there, waiting for you to claim them. YES, THIRTY FREE MECH BAYS!

One at rank 2, one at rank 6, and one at rank 10, for each faction in FW. Times TEN FW factions. THIRTY.

If you've got 34 C-Bill bought mechs and HAVEN'T had opportunity to earn 300 MC yet from a contest (say, like the one going on right MEOW), we need to talk.

Again, FREE mech bays are there 24/7, with or without the contests. Go get 'em, Tiger. I'll be claiming my first of three from Clan Ghost Bear tonight.

I got to level 2 in one night, but I very much doubt you can do more than 3 levels in one evening (unless you mean the current 16 hours of darkness by night)

#8 Not A Real RAbbi

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,688 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 03:02 PM

View PostRogue Jedi, on 17 December 2015 - 02:53 PM, said:

I got to level 2 in one night, but I very much doubt you can do more than 3 levels in one evening (unless you mean the current 16 hours of darkness by night)

I've done it a couple times, when playing with QQ teammates. Say two turns of Attack/Defend, Counterattack, each. Four matches, all set with Rank 2 rewards. Think we did that with Kurita, my first time ever dropping in CW. And that's with a weak IS drop deck (JESTER, FIREBRAND, K2, 3L(C), NOT all optimized builds either). Last night, got within like 300-400 LP of rank 2 in CGB with only two matches (one of each) on one planet. Seriously, I could faceplant right off the dropship in the losing end of a total PUGstomp next match, and will probably have that next rank for it. And I don't even manage a whole lot of damage.

#9 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,961 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 17 December 2015 - 08:22 PM

View PostTheRAbbi, on 17 December 2015 - 12:36 PM, said:

General Discussion forum. Seems every time I poke my head in there, to topic is in the first page.

And I seem to recall someone who bought a Steam package recently was grumbling about P2W, too.

It simply ain't so.

Also, nice droppin' with you yesterday. I learned good things from it. Thanks!

Really? Neat! I noticed you in that match, too.

#10 Not A Real RAbbi

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,688 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 05:18 AM

TAKE TWO!

Stocking Stuffer thing is on! Win MC, Premium Time, C Bills, consumable modules, cockpit items, and maybe even a whole new MECH!

Those are MC-priced consumables, too, BTW. They've being given away for FREE. They're the ones that are BETTER, supposedly (I can see it), than the C-Bill ones that we can purchase. GO WIN YOU SOME STUFF!

ALSO, everyone that pre-ordered (or does pre-order during the contest) the Archer, in either of its packages, with or without the hero add-on, gets 25 extra items from the Stocking Stuffer event.

Again, FREE STUFF. GO GET THE FREE STUFF. The minimum requirements for a qualifying match are pretty easy, and there are no restrictions on what mechs you may use for this event.

FREE! Did I mention that part?!

#11 Morggo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 670 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC, USA

Posted 22 December 2015 - 06:53 AM

I will say in the few months I've been playing there have been numerous opportunities like this to win free stuffs. And not chump change... adding up the value of all the things like colors, consumables, war horns, mech bays, even more MC's and even GXP (saves you converting xp)... I mean c'mon guys. Like the man said, no more complaining.. that is time wasted earning free stuffs ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users