#61 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 25 December 2015 - 02:32 AM

View PostLeone, on 24 December 2015 - 04:34 PM, said:

I still have engines that've been passed on from Shadowhawk, to Firestarter, all the way upto Hunchback IIC.

you cannot put an engine from a Shadow Hawk on a Hunchback IIC, you need a Clan engine for that

#62 Leone

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 25 December 2015 - 03:13 AM

Unless it's a standard 165 rating from way back when on my first mech when I assumed Battletech engine rules and purchased in weight denominations. (Yes, I made a 3/5 walk/run Shadowhawk as a Daishi support mech. And then yes, made a Gauss Starter outta my FS9-H. And then, most recently, overhauled a Hunchie IIC.)

See, whilest clan XL and IS XL are different, a Standard is a standard, is a standard. So yeah, Standard engines go everywhere. Was kinda a waste on the Hunchie though. I'mma go back to XLs on it, it just doesn't add enough zombie to the mech. I die via CT anyways.

~Leone

Edited by Leone, 25 December 2015 - 03:13 AM.

#63 beerandasmoke

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 25 December 2015 - 12:47 PM

A lot of the vets have answered your questions much better than I could. I see a lot of new players asking which mech to buy next. I have 151 mechs on this account and 30 on an alt and I can honestly say that stormcrows are the one mech I never regretted purchasing. A stormcrow is the perfect blend of firepower, speed, and hitboxes. A stormcrow can be anything you want to play in this game you just have to switch out the omnipods. Thats a hell of a lot cheaper than buying and upgrading another mech because you feel like brawling or lurming.

#64 Not A Real RAbbi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationDeath to Aladeen Cafe

Posted 25 December 2015 - 01:15 PM

^^^ SCRs are phenomenally good. Easily the best 55-ton mech in the game. Among the game's top 5, Clan's #2.

#65 Leone

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts

Posted 25 December 2015 - 09:18 PM

View Postbeerandasmoke, on 25 December 2015 - 12:47 PM, said:

A stormcrow can be anything you want to play in this game you just have to switch out the omnipods.

OH really?!

Excellect, cuz I love jumping. Jumping and carrying three ams. Or maybe just loading up on 16 small weapons and unloading them all in volley fire.

.... *Waits expectantly to get pointed towards the Nova*

~Leone.

#66 beerandasmoke

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 25 December 2015 - 10:13 PM

View PostLeone, on 25 December 2015 - 09:18 PM, said:

OH really?!

Excellect, cuz I love jumping. Jumping and carrying three ams. Or maybe just loading up on 16 small weapons and unloading them all in volley fire.

.... *Waits expectantly to get pointed towards the Nova*

~Leone.

I have 6 Novas and I enjoy playing them but they cant hold a candle to a stormcrow. They are big and fragile therefore they are not new player friendly. You also must have good heat management skills to make the mech effective. Thats something that new players are not good at. I will take a 55 ton mech that packs a clan heavies firepower and moves at 104kph with excellent hitboxes over JJs any day. I hope you realize that you can pack 13 lasers on a stormcrow as well. 6 on right arm 4 on left and 1 in each torso and 1 in the head. The only thing a nova is better at then a stormcrow is jumpsniping.

Edited by beerandasmoke, 25 December 2015 - 10:21 PM.

#67 Nik Reaper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 26 December 2015 - 12:35 AM

View Postbeerandasmoke, on 25 December 2015 - 10:13 PM, said:

I have 6 Novas and I enjoy playing them but they cant hold a candle to a stormcrow. They are big and fragile therefore they are not new player friendly. You also must have good heat management skills to make the mech effective. Thats something that new players are not good at. I will take a 55 ton mech that packs a clan heavies firepower and moves at 104kph with excellent hitboxes over JJs any day. I hope you realize that you can pack 13 lasers on a stormcrow as well. 6 on right arm 4 on left and 1 in each torso and 1 in the head. The only thing a nova is better at then a stormcrow is jumpsniping.

Let's hope that resize project that should start soon will do something to really help the nova, and all those other mechs....

#68 Leone

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts

Posted 26 December 2015 - 12:49 AM

You made a blanket statement I felt was incorrect, and then appended that statement. Whilest I beleive further corrections could be made, I feel as though my work here is done.

As for the resizing, I never really felt it was needed. And I love me my Blackhawks.

~Leone.

Edited by Leone, 26 December 2015 - 12:50 AM.

#69 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 26 December 2015 - 12:13 PM

View PostNik Reaper, on 26 December 2015 - 12:35 AM, said:

Let's hope that resize project that should start soon will do something to really help the nova, and all those other mechs....

Even then, the Awesome is first

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users