- - - - -

Getting A New Pc

3 replies to this topic

#1 xxSSKxx

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • 17 posts

Posted 19 December 2015 - 11:23 AM

I'm getting a new pc today, and wondering if the ones at Wal-Mart or best buy can plan mwo on medium settings. Normally a easy thing to figure out. But as you know the game specs currently are out of date.

#2 Spetulhu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 133 posts

Posted 19 December 2015 - 12:29 PM

The stuff sold in large chains like the ones you mentioned are mainly of two varieties IMO. Office brands which can do the trick but generally reach that almost-reasonable price by using the cheapest components possible, or heavily overpriced (but powerful) "premium performance" brands.

If you're able to build your own - or have a friend who could help you - it would probably be more efficient to pick the parts and assemble them yourself. Or ask the local smaller shop if they have assembly service - it's usually quite affordable.

Ofc, if you could give us some details on what you were looking at and what your budget allows it would be easier. I'm a single man with low living costs, I think nothing of buying an SSD, a GTX970 and the latest i5 CPU. Which, btw, makes MWO run very well indeed.

#3 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 20 December 2015 - 03:17 AM

View PostxxSSKxx, on 19 December 2015 - 11:23 AM, said:

I'm getting a new pc today, and wondering if the ones at Wal-Mart or best buy can plan mwo on medium settings. Normally a easy thing to figure out. But as you know the game specs currently are out of date.

the specs are important, come back with the specs (should be listed on the box) we need
CPU (Central Processing Unit or Processor), make and model
RAM, type, speed and quantity
storage, (Hard Disk Drive or Solid State Drive) type and quantity
Graphics, make and model.

also let us know your budget so we can suggest something else

as Spetulhu said for a gaming PC building your own is usualy the best option, but if you are after spending less than £350 in the UK you are usualy better off with a prebuilt system due to the price of a Windows license

Edited by Rogue Jedi, 20 December 2015 - 03:18 AM.

#4 Ron Kramer

• PipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 47 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationGrand rapids

Posted 20 December 2015 - 10:16 AM

I just got a new one for two reasons. oculous Rift and MWO!

I got a i7 3.3 over clocked to 4.0
16gb ram - SSD and 2TB HD
GTX 980
So far ALL games run great at highest res with graphics options MAXED. Love MWO as I get all the particles
and really smooth frame rates. I also loved last night playing in the rock plains arena I could hear my chassis scrape
against the rocks and hear the rock pebbles trickle down the wall.

WHERE you buy it's as important as what you buy. Specs of CPU, amount of RAM and graphics card. (primarily)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users