Disturbing Trends

189 replies to this topic

#181 Dashen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 154 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 03:19 AM

View PostKuritaclan, on 04 January 2016 - 03:11 AM, said:

Old wine in new bottles? And it comes up every half year. As do convergence. As do 10 vs. 12. As do insert whatever you pleases.
PGI doesn't care about or is unable to translate it "better" into the game.

I,sadly,have to agree, it's words to the winds, yet...for the sake of discussion we keep on typing.

#182 Kuritaclan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,838 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 January 2016 - 03:48 AM

View PostDashen, on 04 January 2016 - 03:19 AM, said:

I,sadly,have to agree, it's words to the winds, yet...for the sake of discussion we keep on typing.

For sure. But at least the last year was the best vintage compared to PGIs efforts in the years since beta. So the hope die at last.

#183 BluefireMW

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 238 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 06:17 AM

View PostWindscape, on 03 January 2016 - 01:42 PM, said:

here's an idea:

remove IS quirks
Nao, according the the lore, clans have no honor lots of honor by trying to take down weak IS mechs with their op mechs

how about
in the matchmaking queue, clanners can drop against 12 IS pilots with less than 12 mechs to show there honor (for example: 8 clanners VS 12 Is, if the claners win, they get a higher loyalty boost and moar money, and ifthey have to use 12mechs, they earn less money an loyalty points)

sound good?

Great idea, let the Clanner go in with 10.. 2 stars... oh, let me think, did that not all Clan Members say, from day 1?
The only one, not listening is the MWO, or to be precise PGI.

And they are the one, who rise the Tonnage limits from 240 to now 265...
what about.. give the IS 400 t, then they can drive 4 ridiculus quirked Atlas, and need not to think... and give the Clans, what would i say... 175 tons. That sound fair. a Dire and 3 Mist Lynx. And then lets restart Tukayyid the third time.... and if the Inner Sphere win that finally... then... perhaps then, the game is fair

..or perhaps, all players who wanted ever to play clans, have changed to Inner Sphere... hey great, they have to buy the mechs,, good idea!

Edited by BluefireMW, 04 January 2016 - 08:28 AM.

#184 MechWarrior3671771

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,021 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 04 January 2016 - 07:01 AM

View Postnehebkau, on 02 January 2016 - 04:37 PM, said:

With this community it was probably the "it has boobs!" [Option 1: hit on it] [Option 2: be a complete ********] That has made her keep as far away from the amount of toxic slime that seems to come to the surface on this board from time to time.

That works in both directions though - people cut her slack they normally wouldn't because she's a cute female with a mousey voice. So she can get away with stuff the staff and community wouldn't put up with from a male.

My main complaint is that she simply doesn't have the life experience to be a competent manager. I went 3 months round and round with her trying to explain that a post with Gender Inequality in the title is already a political topic, so I can't make it political. Was like trying to get someone to understand you didn't make the water hot, it already was hot. It didn't take. And for that, I am now labelled a "problem child". Its like putting a college sophomore in charge of moderating a bunch of 40 year olds.

And I don't have any animus towards her, I'm sure she's a great person, just not qualified to be a CM. She made the situation worse, not better. She caused me to google "PGI fraud" as a new player, which led me to all the pages detailing Niko's antics, PGI getting shadowbanned on Redit, the Transverse debacle, etc. Basically, her lack of professionalism led a new player into all of PGI's bad PR. Which has made me even more cynical re PGI. And cost them $800 in purchases from me.

Hey, not my company, but certainly not how I would want one of mine run by staff.

#185 L A V A

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 308 posts
  • LocationOn the beach!

Posted 04 January 2016 - 11:58 AM

Well... BWC certainly chose a great time to switch our contract to clan. Posted Image

We've been getting waxed pretty well during this event but I really can't blame it on balance. First, we haven't had too many Clan contracts, so we are still pretty green with Clan tech and second, we've had a bunch of new recruits since the Steam release and they are all playing trials... Posted Image

My feeling from playing a lot of both IS and Clan CW is that there are two very big factors in the current imbalance: 1) Most of the superior groups are playing IS and 2) the drop weight change benefits the IS more than it does the Clans if for no other reason that a new player needs only to buy 4 Thuds and he can drop in CW with a super balanced deck for fighting both at range and brawling. The increase in Clan weight means that now folks can bring all kinds of mechs including Dires and IICs (to grind) and they end up with incredibly strange drop decks with very little synergy.

To generalize (and that is always dangerous), the Clan pugs seem to be all over the place with mech selection while the IS has a tighter deck.

#186 PerfectDuck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 328 posts
  • LocationLenexa, KS

Posted 04 January 2016 - 09:40 PM

View PostDoomerang, on 28 December 2015 - 11:55 AM, said:

pwnface is another innersphere troll I guess and I'm giving him 1 star in his profile for polluting the topic with nonsense.

A troll with logic and debate skills, experience, knowledge, a position of leadership in a unit and credibility in the compeitive scene... the worst kind for sure.

Didja go onto my profile and one-star myself as well just for liking Pwn's posts, then? How many people are terrible in your book for having disagreed with you?

Clanners realize they are losing the fight on the open battlefield so they unleash the terrifying new downvote weapon!
Posted Image

#187 Kuritaclan

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,838 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 January 2016 - 10:13 PM

View PostPerfectDuck, on 04 January 2016 - 09:40 PM, said:

Clanners realize they are losing the fight on the open battlefield so they unleash the terrifying new downvote weapon!

Wow i didn't even noticed that there is a star rating in the Forum Profil. Man two stars - I'm near the status of trashcan by that downvotes. Yes I did it!

#188 Jon Gotham

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 2,630 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 10:26 PM

View PostDuvanor, on 01 January 2016 - 05:40 PM, said:

After so many people telling us here that the Clans still have a significant range advantage let me ask you this: What is that good for?

I mean, seriously, what do you need those range advantages for? To fight on Emerald Taiga, Grim Portico, Vitric Forge, Hellbore Springs or Sulfurous Rift? Nah. There are spots where you can use high range on those maps, but it is really no big deal to stay low as defender or rush in on those maps to get between buildings or in canyons and force the enemy to brawl, unless you have zero patience.

Boreal is the only map that really favores long range. The others have spots that can be used for sniping, but that is more for suppressive fire and supporting then for a whole team plus those ranges are not so high that the IS can not shoot back from cover and outsnipe Clanners thanks to better pinpoint damage and shorter burn times.

Range "advantage" isn't an advantage if your weapon duration is so long. At extreme range that 1.25 second duration equates to a LOT of damage spread vs the quirked decreased duration Is equivalent. You'll need to fire MORe lasers to equal the same effective damage, but you can't as you generate WAY more heat.
Solution? There isn't one currently. Quirked ERLL Is boats will outrange you, out efficient you and out heat efficiency you. But don't worry! you still have the clan xl advantage!
*rolls eyes*

#189 Mechi Messer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 102 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 04:05 AM

I took a brief vacation to the clanners for a couple of weeks. After a few adjustement-drops I score exactly the same as in IS-mechs. Between 1000 and 3000 dmg, got stomped against good units, stomped pugs/bad units and had a lot of close fights.
Timbis are still really good mechs, cheetas are nice, too and the dakka-ebonjs are pretty mean killers. Even the Iceferret which I used for fun did well.
Is the game balanced now? I don't know. Is it way more balanced than the whole run of CW till last patch? Yes it is.
Clans have been better suited for CW than IS. In the beginning, when Timbis and Crows with alphas at 600m range IS didn't even dare to dream of ruled the earth it was painfully obvious. With the timbi/crow-nerfs it wasn't that painful anymore but still obvious. Now clans have to give a good run for their money. They can't just 2-click-kill stuff like they could back in the day and have to adjust.
I see a lot of whining ingame on both sides. Clan still op, IS are overquirked...Well if there is so much whine on either side, something must have been done right.

#190 Kuritaclan

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,838 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 January 2016 - 04:29 AM

View PostMechi Messer, on 05 January 2016 - 04:05 AM, said:

With the timbi/crow-nerfs it wasn't that painful anymore but still obvious. Now clans have to give a good run for their money. They can't just 2-click-kill stuff like they could back in the day and have to adjust.

There are enough decent 2-click Mechs on either side. I won't give it to Clans directly. Also Timby usually have 3 WGs. (Left Arm, Right Arm and Main Weapons what could be LPLs or Ballistic and or SRMs) SCR humm sometimes, sometimes not.

View PostMechi Messer, on 05 January 2016 - 04:05 AM, said:

Well if there is so much whine on either side, something must have been done right.

Yes. However, there always needs more adjustments.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users