Disturbing Trends

189 replies to this topic

#1 Doomerang

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 131 posts

Posted 19 December 2015 - 08:13 PM

The win ratio for inner sphere vs clans in CW matches that I witness is approaching 90%, and more disturbingly the Clan is outdamaging the Innersphere by 15-20% fairly reliably in those sets of games which aren't outright Innersphere stomps of the Clans. A fair number of my closer matches ended with Clans averaging 17k damage between all players, with the Inner Sphere averaging 14k and still winning fairly handily.

Is anyone else tracking this sort of thing and noting it, or have I just had really bad luck for my last 30-40 CW matches running?

#2 Kwea

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 374 posts

Posted 19 December 2015 - 08:15 PM

It's just you.

There WILL be a damage disparity, but it won't always be that high or lead to a win by the IS.

#3 Valdherre Tor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 363 posts

Posted 19 December 2015 - 08:30 PM

How is this disturbing? Its common since now that IS have so many structure buffed mechs the clans will have to put down more damage.

#4 Jun Watarase

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 19 December 2015 - 08:30 PM

View PostDoomerang, on 19 December 2015 - 08:13 PM, said:

The win ratio for inner sphere vs clans in CW matches that I witness is approaching 90%, and more disturbingly the Clan is outdamaging the Innersphere by 15-20% fairly reliably in those sets of games which aren't outright Innersphere stomps of the Clans. A fair number of my closer matches ended with Clans averaging 17k damage between all players, with the Inner Sphere averaging 14k and still winning fairly handily.

Is anyone else tracking this sort of thing and noting it, or have I just had really bad luck for my last 30-40 CW matches running?

IS seems to have a lot more newbies than clans (probably because newbies are more likely to pick the first available faction they see, and the IS factions are higher up in the list...).

Another possibility is that clan lasers have higher burn times so they tend to spread damage more, and SRMs/ACs have higher spread as well. The two main clan heavies have really easy to single out CTs, the maddog has a really easy to single out CT as well, and the summoner has less free tonnage than a medium (so most people dont use it), so its much easy to kill them rather than something like the tbolt which has good hitboxes.

Also IS have structure quirks so clans HAVE to deal more damage to kill mechs of the same weight class, and IS drop decks can run much heavier mechs than clan ones.

Edited by Jun Watarase, 19 December 2015 - 08:30 PM.

#5 Doomerang

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 131 posts

Posted 19 December 2015 - 09:09 PM

I don't know. I haven't won a single CW tonight versus Inner Sphere as the Clans. I think I'm just about done playing until PGI posts some vids of them playing as a 12 man clan premade against 12 man IS and winning fairly. CW Clans vs IS is a win for IS everytime that they don't throw it away. Maybe PGI should give Clan players the option to refund all of their clan tech for equal value IS tech? I don't know, but theres not really a point to playing CW as clans anymore. Maybe in another couple years after phase 3 or phase 4 comes out.

#6 StUffz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The All Seeing
  • The All Seeing
  • 485 posts

Posted 19 December 2015 - 09:28 PM

So Clans get IIC Mechs and they are still complaining? I would exchange my Marauder or Black Knight for the possibility to play my Timber as an IS player.

#7 Kuritaclan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,838 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 December 2015 - 09:31 PM

View PostStUffz, on 19 December 2015 - 09:28 PM, said:

So Clans get IIC Mechs and they are still complaining? I would exchange my Marauder or Black Knight for the possibility to play my Timber as an IS player.

Jadda Jadda Jadda. There are enough Claners out to get stomped by IS and vice versa.

The only thing i noticed is a increase in slaughters. Closer matches are pretty rare nowadys since steam release.

Edited by Kuritaclan, 20 December 2015 - 11:14 AM.

#8 vandalhooch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 891 posts

Posted 19 December 2015 - 09:43 PM

View PostDoomerang, on 19 December 2015 - 09:09 PM, said:

I don't know. I haven't won a single CW tonight versus Inner Sphere as the Clans.

And the only possible explanation is that the IS has an unfair advantage? It can't have anything to do with you facing better teams and better pilots than you are used to?

I think I'm just about done playing until PGI posts some vids of them playing as a 12 man clan premade against 12 man IS and winning fairly.

Before we returned to Kurita, NS was in Jade Falcon for the rebalance. We still regularly wrecked IS 12-mans in our clan mechs.

Seriously, take a deeper look at what you are saying here.

CW Clans vs IS is a win for IS everytime that they don't throw it away. Maybe PGI should give Clan players the option to refund all of their clan tech for equal value IS tech? I don't know, but theres not really a point to playing CW as clans anymore.

Because the clans should always win? The IS should never be able to beat you in your special mechs?

Maybe in another couple years after phase 3 or phase 4 comes out.

I have a feeling that you will still experience regular losses no matter what modes are added or what balance changes are made.

#9 old man odin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 270 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 20 December 2015 - 12:51 AM

You might be losing 90% of your matches, but the Clans aren't:

https://www.reddit.c..._battle_report/

It also doesn't support what I've seen at all. The other night the CJF attack planet had a 100% win rate. I've won far more of my matches since switching back to the Clans. Anecdotal, obviously, but I think crying IS OP is a little outlandish.

Edited by Odins Steed, 20 December 2015 - 12:52 AM.

#10 Lupis Volk

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 2,126 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of the nearest Light Battlemech.

Posted 20 December 2015 - 01:16 AM

Clanners get steamrolled "something is wrong with the game" IS get's steamrolled "it's okay because the lore says so" Oh i'll never understand Clanner and Clan Wolf Clanners.

#11 takkom

• PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 01:27 AM

slaughters are pretty bad atm...yesterday i was in a pug vs pug where one side lost 5 mechs before they even managed to open the gates.

its unlikely those kinds of games will not scare away people, no matter how many DANGER CW IS HARDMODE warnings you put up.

#12 Wolfways

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 6,499 posts
  • LocationIn a shutdown overheated mech near you.

Posted 20 December 2015 - 01:47 AM

Just had another night (8+ hours) of nearly constant defeats. I'm not surprised though. IS are brawlers and Clan are ranged we are told...and we play on maps made for brawling (all except Alpine, but including CW maps).
Attacking IS held territory is very difficult, but even defending territory is difficult when the areas where all the fighting takes place is perfect for brawlers.

#13 crustydog

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 20 December 2015 - 05:23 AM

The last round of nerfs and buffs has changed the balance of the game substantially - and you will have to adjust your play style as a result. You can still win in Clan mechs just as well as before, after you change your approach somewhat. It is no longer safe to assume that the IS mechs will simply fold when you rush them, for example. Now you have to soften them up a good deal more before you do that.

Also, when IS is pushing now, best to get out of their way - they will crush you if you try to face them down. You are the squishy one now. Clan mechs still have their main line heavy with negative quirks - because PGI has lost their minds:) Now it's better to play the Clan mechs like they were IS mechs of the pre-patch era. Keep on playing and you will adapt soon enough.

Improvise, adapt and overcome.

Oh yeah, Clan mechs still OP, please nerf.

#14 Doomerang

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 131 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 07:23 AM

Clans on the attack, IS rushes out. No evasive maneuvers, little torso twisting. Just a quirked out death ball that rolled over clans getting 10 kills and suffering no losses before engaging in dropzone camping for 15 minutes.

Spoiler

#15 Russhuster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 722 posts
  • LocationBayern

Posted 20 December 2015 - 07:50 AM

if youre hoping of balance then have fun,. Pgi shows not the least effort to balance things
The Is is the favourite side and ever will be, Bugs on Clan side are known for years now without fixing
( see PPC Bugs or UAC Bugs)
Ghost heat is on an ridiculous high level but just for clan as it seems a wubbolt or wubbknight can deliver volleys of 4-6 heavy pulse lasers 2-3 times in a row while a warhawk with 10! extra heat sinks can deliver ONE the second sends you to shut down.... internal damage etc pp

The last energy nerf what put Clan double heat sinks with now 1.1 heat capacity almost down to IS single heat sinks capacity what is 1 additional the skilltree nertf with add IS agility quirks comes out as a de facto -20% agility nerf for clan chassis what kills almost every clan assault and slows the twisting abilitys of the heavys even more

IS quirkbucket mechs are played in competetive CW so the range advantage is definitely at is side,.. and heat advantage as well what results in better brawling and more / longer ability to fire the weapons,.. when i use IS mechs the difference is enormous, iam amazed how easy it is to deliver damage

and why should they feel the urge to twist ?
the last structure buffs and armor bonusses bring mechs like blackjack etc alsmost to heavy mech niveau
not to speak of marauders etc

right one can adjust
for me thats not playing Direwhale anymore its just nerfed dead bevore it was the slowest mech in the game now its a sitting duck even a medium or heavy Is mech can circle the torso twist is that slow now,.. just useless
executioner just the same
gargoyles and stuff was not usable in cw bevore and is even less due to heat nerf

the result will be that clanners concentrate on the few left usable chassis like the Timber or the crow even with the nerfs these alsready have, what will bring up more howling and whine by is these mechs are seen alsmost exclusively they must be so over op,..so please nerf em more

Edited by Russhuster, 20 December 2015 - 07:58 AM.

#16 Hellsoutcast777

• Pip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 07:50 AM

View PostDoomerang, on 20 December 2015 - 07:23 AM, said:

Clans on the attack, IS rushes out. No evasive maneuvers, little torso twisting. Just a quirked out death ball that rolled over clans getting 10 kills and suffering no losses before engaging in dropzone camping for 15 minutes.

Spoiler

That looks like a pug vs 12man also

#17 Lbofun

• PipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 49 posts
  • LocationSomewhere I should not be.

Posted 20 December 2015 - 08:03 AM

It just seems to me that the pendulum has shifted to the otherside. I remmeber metric butt-tons of posts about how the clans were unstopble in CW, in response quriks were put out. now they are starting to tone it back.

#18 Doomerang

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 131 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 08:30 AM

Nah Hells - there weren't sizable premades on either side of that screenshotted match. Just pugs both sides.

#19 Bulletsponge0

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 10:18 AM

um...yeah...ok....have you played the IIC mechs?

#20 Kuritaclan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,838 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 December 2015 - 11:08 AM

View PostHellsoutcast777, on 20 December 2015 - 07:50 AM, said:

View PostDoomerang, on 20 December 2015 - 07:23 AM, said:

Spoiler

That looks like a pug vs 12man also

I was in that game too. It was semi 12man vs. 12 steam-pugs (if you wan't you can count yourself out Doomerang). Since Doomerang edited the pic into oblivion, you can not see what really was going on. It was a "12 man Wolf Geschko" slaughtered by 6 russian vets and me. So what. VRGD as most russian CW units are on the top notch of gameplay (low participation/high winrates http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__4888379).

Spoiler

Get over it.

Edited by Kuritaclan, 20 December 2015 - 11:16 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users