#21 xX PUG Xx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,721 posts
  • LocationThe other side of nowhere

Posted 20 December 2015 - 11:16 AM

View PostBulletsponge0, on 20 December 2015 - 10:18 AM, said:

um...yeah...ok....have you played the IIC mechs?

Ermmm.. yeah and been doing rather well in the Hunchback IIc. Any medium that can regularly put out 7-800 damage and 3-4 kills is pretty good in my book. Then again, what do I know?

As for the OP, the disparity in skill levels is H U G E in Faction battles at the moment. I did a few drops defending against Liao on Friday and it was one stomp after another, 3 in a row had me as the only player with 1000+damage. I saw one IS player manage to spread 84 damage....... across 16 assisted kills. Don't ask me what he was doing because I have no idea but every attempt to coordinate the team was met with derision from him. Go figure.

Then a counterattack against a Ghost Bear unit saw a major roflstomp, Clans can't brawl? The 10-11 SPL Gargoyles in their first wave would like to disagree, the 13 IS 'Mechs that went down before they lost an Omni also shows a bit of an issue with Clans not winning.

Both sides CAN win and as always has been, TEAMWORK is OP.

#22 vandalhooch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 891 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 11:27 AM

View PostKuritaclan, on 20 December 2015 - 11:08 AM, said:

I was in that game too. It was semi 12man vs. 12 steam-pugs (if you wan't you can count yourself out Doomerang). Since Doomerang edited the pic into oblivion, you can not see what really was going on. It was a "12 man Wolf Geschko" slaughtered by 6 russian vets and me. So what. VRGD as most russian CW units are on the top notch of gameplay (low participation/high winrates http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__4888379).

Spoiler

Get over it.

You just have to love when a QQ poster gets caught out in a blatant lie.

Classic.

#23 Russhuster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 722 posts
  • LocationBayern

Posted 20 December 2015 - 11:28 AM

thats death out of stupidity then, Do you kow what little range these small pulse las have?
the Gargoyle mus have had its Arm litterately where no sun ever shines with the target

#24 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 20 December 2015 - 11:30 AM

View PostJun Watarase, on 19 December 2015 - 08:30 PM, said:

IS seems to have a lot more newbies than clans (probably because newbies are more likely to pick the first available faction they see, and the IS factions are higher up in the list...).

Another possibility is that clan lasers have higher burn times so they tend to spread damage more, and SRMs/ACs have higher spread as well. The two main clan heavies have really easy to single out CTs, the maddog has a really easy to single out CT as well, and the summoner has less free tonnage than a medium (so most people dont use it), so its much easy to kill them rather than something like the tbolt which has good hitboxes.

Also IS have structure quirks so clans HAVE to deal more damage to kill mechs of the same weight class, and IS drop decks can run much heavier mechs than clan ones.

Intelligent players leg in CW not aim for CT

#25 Kuritaclan

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,838 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 December 2015 - 11:32 AM

View PostCathy, on 20 December 2015 - 11:30 AM, said:

nopp.

View Postvandalhooch, on 20 December 2015 - 11:27 AM, said:

You just have to love when a QQ poster gets caught out in a blatant lie.

Classic.

I wouldn't say it is a blatant lie. But it is fishy. Since the screenshot edited that way looks like a 12 man SWOL? unit get beaten by some random IS people. And yeah this wasn't the case.

Edited by Kuritaclan, 20 December 2015 - 11:43 AM.

#26 Russhuster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 722 posts
  • LocationBayern

Posted 20 December 2015 - 11:33 AM

Jopp ? - agreed

#27 Kuritaclan

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,838 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 December 2015 - 11:38 AM

Flip Flop! - Situationally? I mean who really wann leg a 5-6 UAC5 Dire? Beside that hill humping you don't see legs not often. Going for legs is only a option for rashes and to immobilize rabbits with speed >120 kph (and those you can actually aim for legs since they run most time around you in the open).

Edited by Kuritaclan, 20 December 2015 - 11:38 AM.

#28 xX PUG Xx

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 11:46 AM

View PostRusshuster, on 20 December 2015 - 11:28 AM, said:

thats death out of stupidity then, Do you kow what little range these small pulse las have?
the Gargoyle mus have had its Arm litterately where no sun ever shines with the target

While I would agree normally, it goes to show that a coordinated group can engineer a fight to suit their loadouts. The IS players were 12 solos (myself included), the GB's was a 12 man from GCGB (German Clan Ghost Bear). They waited for the counter attacking team to push in the right gate on Grim Portico and simply rushed en masse from the ridgeline between the gates. It was a bloody good demonstration of focus fire and coordination.

While I managed to do severe damage to several of them, it was virtually impossible to stay focussed on one target long enough to kill it. Serves me right for soloing in the FW queue :D

View PostCathy, on 20 December 2015 - 11:30 AM, said:

I've been having this discussion with one of the other officers in my unit. Have a look at the amount of armour/structure on the most common heavy 'Mech and Omni, compare the totals for both legs and then the total for the CT. Then tell me which is going to be quicker to destroy a target, then factor in 3 or 4 'Mechs shooting at the target..... let me know what you think.

Bare in mind that while you are shooting its legs, the target is returning fire with its full firepower. Most likely stripping, armour, components, weapons or simply coring you out for another "red" to finish off. Whereas if you you are hitting it's CT or ST, you are removing ITS armour, weaponry, components and in the case of Omnis; reducing manouvreability and cooling efficiency with a ST destruction.

#29 Russhuster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 722 posts
  • LocationBayern

Posted 20 December 2015 - 11:53 AM

after the last agility nerf by 20% even a IS medium can do the death circle around any clan assault the torso twist is really slow now, when your team isnt attentive ure dead without seeing the runner and there s always the back as an promising target no?

Edited by Russhuster, 20 December 2015 - 11:54 AM.

#30 xX PUG Xx

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 12:16 PM

View PostRusshuster, on 20 December 2015 - 11:53 AM, said:

after the last agility nerf by 20% even a IS medium can do the death circle around any clan assault the torso twist is really slow now, when your team isnt attentive ure dead without seeing the runner and there s always the back as an promising target no?

That's true in a 1 vs 1 situation but when there is 3+ 'Mechs focussed on one target (me :( ), there's only so much torso twisting can do. Again it comes down to the coordination, if I had been dropping with even a Lance it would have been much easier but I struggle with pilotting, aiming, targetting AND holding caps lock to all targets. I'm a typical male in that sense, multi tasking is OP :P

#31 Doomerang

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 131 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 12:55 PM

View PostKuritaclan, on 20 December 2015 - 11:32 AM, said:

nopp.

I wouldn't say it is a blatant lie. But it is fishy. Since the screenshot edited that way looks like a 12 man SWOL? unit get beaten by some random IS people. And yeah this wasn't the case.

I do not know what is fishy about protecting the identity of strangers when I did not ask them for permission to post a screenshot of their game to the forum. I don't appreciate the presumptions that I am trying to manipulate or misdirect, but maybe this is how you learned to have a conversation.

View PostDoomerang, on 20 December 2015 - 08:30 AM, said:

Nah Hells - there weren't sizable premades on either side of that screenshotted match. Just pugs both sides.

This is from immediately after the post from Hellsoutkast777 asking if it was a SWOL premade. If you are not attentive enough to read single sentence posts (which don't support damaging the reputation of an honest player of course, we see you read single sentence posts if they are of an inflammatory and toxic nature!), then I think perhaps you should ask yourself whether your in game situational awareness is up to the task of coping with the complexity of a MWO CW match. If it isn't (and there's no shame in that!) you really aren't in a position to discuss game balance.

#32 Kuritaclan

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,838 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 December 2015 - 04:25 PM

View PostDoomerang, on 20 December 2015 - 12:55 PM, said:

I do not know what is fishy about protecting the identity of strangers when I did not ask them for permission to post a screenshot of their game to the forum. I don't appreciate the presumptions that I am trying to manipulate or misdirect, but maybe this is how you learned to have a conversation.

View PostDoomerang, on 20 December 2015 - 08:30 AM, said:

Nah Hells - there weren't sizable premades on either side of that screenshotted match. Just pugs both sides.

This is from immediately after the post from Hellsoutkast777 asking if it was a SWOL premade. If you are not attentive enough to read single sentence posts (which don't support damaging the reputation of an honest player of course, we see you read single sentence posts if they are of an inflammatory and toxic nature!), then I think perhaps you should ask yourself whether your in game situational awareness is up to the task of coping with the complexity of a MWO CW match. If it isn't (and there's no shame in that!) you really aren't in a position to discuss game balance.

Doomerang. Your edit of the screenshot was plain bad (no offence in it). Since you blacked out unit tags you created a whole new story. And after this you even started to tell this new story! You now quoted the failed comment: "there weren't sizable premades / Just pugs both sides", what made it even worse.

Don't know where your opinion comes from. A lance can change outcome of a match. That is the best example. You excluded a 5man + possible two Teamspeak adds and told the audience that you saw no seizable premade. Well as it looks this 5people+X were a sizable influence. You made a wrong conclusion. That is what happend. That is fishy with your edit! And this is why your complain does not stand up to the screenshot you use to back it up.

Oh and by the way your aggressive ad hominem argument: "then I think perhaps you should ask yourself whether your in game situational awareness is up to the task of coping with the complexity of a MWO CW match. If it isn't (and there's no shame in that!) you really aren't in a position to discuss game balance." on the end are just the tip of the eisberg. If you wanna judge my situational awareness you may look up some matches I played and yes you are invited to comment them. Maybe you are wrong but perhaps you will find some goddies in the matches in the playlist. ()

PS: I'm so sorry that I dumped the recorded clip of that match into the trash. Damn it, it would have made so much fun to see what was going on, since we now have this article. But I didn't.

Edited by Kuritaclan, 20 December 2015 - 05:07 PM.

#33 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,660 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 20 December 2015 - 04:39 PM

View PostDoomerang, on 19 December 2015 - 09:09 PM, said:

I don't know. I haven't won a single CW tonight versus Inner Sphere as the Clans. I think I'm just about done playing until PGI posts some vids of them playing as a 12 man clan premade against 12 man IS and winning fairly. CW Clans vs IS is a win for IS everytime that they don't throw it away. Maybe PGI should give Clan players the option to refund all of their clan tech for equal value IS tech? I don't know, but theres not really a point to playing CW as clans anymore. Maybe in another couple years after phase 3 or phase 4 comes out.

Are you defending a Clan planet or assaulting a House planet? That can also make a big difference since a more organized setup is needed to attack a planet rather than answer a call to defend a planet.

You are falling in the same trap as IS pugs. It is easier to answer a call to defend a planet another unit/faction is actively attacking than to attack a planet then wait for defenders to answer.

Of course, a planet with lots of active players tends to attract more players, both pugs and units. Now that can get messy.

And it only takes 1 or 2 drop callers and people willing to follow, even in a PUG group, to make another PUG life miserable. If one side is tentative and the other side semi-aggressive, the semi-aggressive will win a majority of the time, regardless of tech. I have been in matches where the defending Clan pug w/at least 3 unit members actually waited at the gates and rushed out to wipe out the IS pug group, which was not setup nor expecting the defenders becoming the attackers. On an alt account, I have seen the same thing happen when the IS side with only 2 unit labeled players did the same thing to the Clan pugs I was on. The attackers were not setup to become the defenders when the gates opened.

I noted each side with a few players linked via a unit, but I have also seen, just not as often, it be done where there were no apparent unit members on the successful side. It really does come down to one or two people providing directions, making the calls while most of the co-opt listens/follows. Having been in a few where it really was like herding cats, I have to say having PanzerMagier, the Space Captain herd said cats is always an interesting and enjoyable exercise, win or lose.

(chuckles) After that, whether as Clan or IS original attacker, neither recovered well enough to make it close contest when the shoes were turned.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 20 December 2015 - 05:09 PM.

#34 Darth Hotz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • General
  • General
  • 459 posts
  • LocationOuter Rim of Berlin

Posted 20 December 2015 - 04:50 PM

The most disturbing trend is clanners whining about their steam pugs not being able to roĺl over IS veteran players.

#35 Kieva

• PipPip
  • Trinary Star Captain
  • Trinary Star Captain
  • 47 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 06:21 PM

ACTUALLY this guy's fuss is valid. Ever since the tonnage change, 12-mans in clan wolf are regularly getting crushed attacking FRR worlds, and trying to defend the worlds we've taken, this is WITH support from -MS-, who haven't been able to hold back FRR either.

The current ease of IS victory is both disturbing and disappointing. There is no fairness in CW right now, and even with comp. members of CWI and -MS-, we are steadily losing ground. Just admit it, you innies enjoy the love you get from PGI, while the clans get laughed at and treated like the illegitimate children.

#36 vandalhooch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 891 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 06:31 PM

View PostKieva, on 20 December 2015 - 06:21 PM, said:

ACTUALLY this guy's fuss is valid. Ever since the tonnage change, 12-mans in clan wolf are regularly getting crushed attacking FRR worlds, and trying to defend the worlds we've taken, this is WITH support from -MS-, who haven't been able to hold back FRR either.

The current ease of IS victory is both disturbing and disappointing. There is no fairness in CW right now, and even with comp. members of CWI and -MS-, we are steadily losing ground.

Are you seriously trying to tell IS pilots that steadily losing ground is no fun? Really?

Just admit it, you innies enjoy the love you get from PGI, while the clans get laughed at and treated like the illegitimate children.

Get a flipping clue, salty trashborn.

#37 Doomerang

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 131 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 06:55 PM

Blah blah more IS trolls spewing toxic garbage into other peoples threads blah blah blah. Keep the clan nerfs coming. Soon as the game starts approaching balance you'll lose these sorts of IS players and that's looking like a sizeable chunk of the playerbase.

#38 vandalhooch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 891 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 06:58 PM

View PostDoomerang, on 20 December 2015 - 06:55 PM, said:

Blah blah more IS trolls spewing toxic garbage into other peoples threads blah blah blah. Keep the clan nerfs coming. Soon as the game starts approaching balance you'll lose these sorts of IS players and that's looking like a sizeable chunk of the playerbase.

When caught in a lie? Deflect. Deflect. Deflect.

#39 Doomerang

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 131 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 07:51 PM

Never was a lie there? You're still trolling too for unknown reasons? hahahah

#40 Doomerang

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 131 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 08:07 PM

Anyways back on topic until IS tries to derail again with more garbage toxic troll posts troll because reasons.

Spoiler

The Inner Sphere is ridiculously overpowered and the Inner Sphere community is less pleasant than bronze league of legends.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users