Stocking Stuffer 2015 Event Updated! More Redeems!

277 replies to this topic

#21 Le Bum

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 34 posts

Posted 21 December 2015 - 04:34 PM

-sadface-..... the whole point of doing these events are to get mechbays... now they're gone...? :( Its December PGI! Lots of people don't have spare money to spend on MC for mechbays!

#22 JeGGoR

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 92 posts
  • LocationMontpellier, France

Posted 21 December 2015 - 04:41 PM

Yeah, thx for the event but it would be sooo much better with mechbays to win!
Or pls give us a 50% sale on them =)

#23 Kuritaclan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,838 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 December 2015 - 04:45 PM

Hype Hype Hype.

#24 WEAREGODS

Rookie

• The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 4 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 21 December 2015 - 05:09 PM

I didn't manage to get the TBR-C (C) for Halloween, but I can almost guarantee I win the CN9-AH because I already own it and have no interest in it. Sod's Law.

#25 Sakadzuki

• PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • LocationXYU

Posted 21 December 2015 - 05:13 PM

That sucks. Everyone expected mech bays for sale

Edited by Sakadzuki, 21 December 2015 - 05:13 PM.

#26 TWIAFU

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 21 December 2015 - 05:23 PM

PGI gives out FREE stuff in the spirit of Christmas, and people complain it is FREE stuff or not the right FREE stuff.

Hope every single one of your Stocking pulls are coal.

All of them.

#27 Eboli

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,148 posts
  • LocationCanberra, Australia

Posted 21 December 2015 - 05:25 PM

Thank you PGI,

Life must be frustrating at times when you offer free gifts and people still complain...

I will not complain over any free gifts I receive from this event. I already own the Cent AH but if I am lucky enough to win it again I can sell it, put the money towards another mech and keep the free 300MC value mech bay.

Tis the Season to be jolly, not complaining...

Cheers!
Eboli

#28 L a S e R

• PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 21 December 2015 - 05:33 PM

Hello there.

I already posted (first post actually :)) and started reading what others have put.

Free is Free. Sell your Cent. Get a mechbay.

There you go.

Thank you

#29 Joe Mallad

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,740 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 21 December 2015 - 05:34 PM

The rules page says Mech Bays are a stocking stuffer so I'm sure they are in the event as potential prizes. I also asked Russ about the AH-Cent on Twitter as I too already have two of the loyalty versions. And he said its for those that don't have the AH-Cent yet and it would be a good brawler mech for new players. For those of us that already have it, just go ahead and sell it for c-bills.

That's just what I'll do if I get another one and get another mech bay that way lol

#30 Sakadzuki

• PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • LocationXYU

Posted 21 December 2015 - 05:41 PM

>free stuff
>useless cosmetic items, that noone gives a damn about.
>can't give something usefull cause it costs money
christmass spirit, my arse

#31 MadLibrarian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 334 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationYou Essay

Posted 21 December 2015 - 05:47 PM

• Get a Match Score of at least 100 in Faction Play (Invasion or Counter Attack game modes) to earn 1 event point.
  • Get a Match Score of at least 150 in Quick Play (Skirmish, Assault, or Conquest game modes) to earn 1 event point.
Is this correct? Need less match score in the faction play matches? I don't mind at all, but it seems like could be a typo.

Happy holidays!

Edited by MadLibrarian, 21 December 2015 - 05:49 PM.

#32 -Ramrod-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 697 posts
  • LocationSome place

Posted 21 December 2015 - 06:15 PM

I really hate to complain because I always love these events. And I've been doing quite a bit of complaining recently (Mr. Garden probably hates me by now :P). But my beef is with Faction Play. I can get a stocking in 8 minutes in Quick Play. But I can only get a stocking in nearly 30 minutes with Faction Play. It's just too long of a game to warrant only 1 stocking. The Centurion prize? Eh I don't really care. I just strip them and sell the parts. Though from what I've read on here so far I think people would be more inclined to play if it were like a champion Blackjack or something similar. But again I do love these events and I'm glad it's for 2 weeks. Thanks PGI!

#33 Levi Porphyrogenitus

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 4,763 posts
  • LocationAurora, Indiana, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

Posted 21 December 2015 - 06:20 PM

You know, this whole thing would work a lot better if I could actually buy an Archer pack. I've been trying repeatedly over the last several days and it keeps not working. Xsolla just makes the process so painfully bad.

View PostMadLibrarian, on 21 December 2015 - 05:47 PM, said:

• Get a Match Score of at least 100 in Faction Play (Invasion or Counter Attack game modes) to earn 1 event point.
  • Get a Match Score of at least 150 in Quick Play (Skirmish, Assault, or Conquest game modes) to earn 1 event point.
Is this correct? Need less match score in the faction play matches? I don't mind at all, but it seems like could be a typo.

Happy holidays!

FP games divide your MS by the number of mechs that you've dropped in. It's very easy to have your MS tanked during a defeat, especially a decisive one, even if you do really well in one or more of your mechs.

#34 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 21 December 2015 - 06:24 PM

WOW! People are complaining about the free stuff that you can get during this event just by playing a game that you would probably play anyway if the event was not happening? Entitled whiners!

Edited by Ed Steele, 21 December 2015 - 06:28 PM.

#35 Colonel ONeill

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 662 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 December 2015 - 06:50 PM

View PostMadLibrarian, on 21 December 2015 - 05:47 PM, said:

Happy holidays!

I guess they wanna see the Steam-players in CW before they are ready for it...

#36 Le Bum

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 34 posts

Posted 21 December 2015 - 07:30 PM

View PostEd Steele, on 21 December 2015 - 06:24 PM, said:

WOW! People are complaining about the free stuff that you can get during this event just by playing a game that you would probably play anyway if the event was not happening? Entitled whiners!

I was simply complaining about mechbays, you know... those really important things you need to continue collecting mechs, and can't earn through playing. I'm speaking for people who don't throw their parents money at the screen, know what i mean?

#37 Mr Inconsistent

• PipPipPip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 80 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSydney

Posted 21 December 2015 - 07:37 PM

Thanks for running the event, PGI. Looking forward to obtaining some freebies, hopefully including that Centurion (which I do not own)!

#38 Yankee Kitsune

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 17 posts

Posted 21 December 2015 - 08:55 PM

View PostColonel ONeill, on 21 December 2015 - 06:50 PM, said:

I guess they wanna see the Steam-players in CW before they are ready for it...

If they can pull 400 MS over the course of 4 Mechs in CW it will be an improvement over some of the games I've seen.

#39 CycKath

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,580 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSE QLD, Australia

Posted 21 December 2015 - 10:22 PM

Hmm, interesting.

#40 White Bear 84

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 21 December 2015 - 10:51 PM

I love this event always but I am on holiday enjoying Christmas with family, on the beach drinking booze and relaxing.. ..still nothing wrong with buying the Archer pack cuz I am tempted by free stocking giveaways to make up for it.. ..apart from the fact I would be buying it for all the wrong reasons lolz.

16 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 16 guests, 0 anonymous users