Stocking Stuffer 2015 Event Updated! More Redeems!

277 replies to this topic

#161 Lupis Volk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 2,126 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of the nearest Light Battlemech.

Posted 23 December 2015 - 12:39 AM

View Postfishballz, on 23 December 2015 - 12:11 AM, said:

My condolence on your luck

Urgh it always let's me down and get's me riled up when a event with RNG pops up.

#162 PPO Kuro

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 300 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 23 December 2015 - 04:26 AM

Hmmm I was going to stay away from this post, but like many before me said, complaining about free stuff....really? Posted Image
Look if you don't like the rewards don't play. Please don't. I beg of you, getting all those crying people is killing my buzz.

I was lucky this time, my first match won me the mech and sold it for 1.700.000 cbills (Have the L version already and yes it isn't the best CN9 out there). Also about XL in CN9's is viable now, because after the hitbox adjustments I only get destroyed by CT hits, and yes I twist like a madman. The CT is HUGE now (well at least it is if you see how small the CT was).

#163 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,932 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 23 December 2015 - 04:51 AM

From many of the notes above, you would think that rather then giving us an event with chances for a variety of free stuff, PGI is instead stealing your christmas presents and kicking your dog. Trust me: PGI isn't hurting you or insulting you with this opportunity to win prizes for playing their game. Its going to be okay.

Now, take a deep breath. Let it out slowly. Say "I like playing the game and I like free stuff". Now go play. When you get free stuff quietly say to yourself: "Thanks PGI" and perhaps consider writing them a nice note to that affect, or better yet buying some of their mechs or other products to support the future development of the game. But remember, even if you don't say thank you, even if you don't write a note, even if you don't spend money on this game...PGI will still let you play for free, still let you in on this event, and still give you plenty of opportunities for rewards. Isn't that nice?

Edited by Bud Crue, 23 December 2015 - 05:20 AM.

#164 Audacious Aubergine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 04:55 AM

On a different note, are the other Centurions on sale? The in-game store menu suggests so but I can't find anything backing it up?

#165 Lupis Volk

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 2,126 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 04:58 AM

View PostFreebirthToad18999, on 23 December 2015 - 04:55 AM, said:

On a different note, are the other Centurions on sale? The in-game store menu suggests so but I can't find anything backing it up?

umm i think so?

#166 Divine Retribution

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 648 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 23 December 2015 - 05:31 AM

Nice! Always appreciate extra stuff for doing what I would be doing anyway.

'Tis the season to be grinding mulch for the lawn!

#167 DerHenker

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 57 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 05:41 AM

done
Posted Image

Edited by DerHenker, 23 December 2015 - 05:44 AM.

#168 Ironically Ironclad Irony

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • 192 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 06:31 AM

@LRM 666,
Your stance is is still based on the assumption that they set a precedent where I think that the timing of the rifleman sale simply didn't line up with any such event. I would agree that PGI has been a *little* sloppy the past couple of months with putting the wrong resistance mechs up for sale and such. The funny thing is that had you bought the rifleman pack early, you would have been eventually rewarded, but I know would have been a leap of faith...

On my main account i've pointed out the math on these icon sales that I think they are reasonably priced, so I had no problems going for just the early adopter and these events are pure gravy...

#169 Luscious Dan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 23 December 2015 - 07:19 AM

The Icon packs coming with 6.5 million c-bills and some modules to sell for another couple million is definitely helpful and makes the price easier to swallow. Nothing like getting a big new mech pack and immediately going broke upgrading all the new variants ;)

#170 Chuanhao

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 520 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 23 December 2015 - 08:02 AM

No Cbill Sale before the crew go on leave? NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#171 Rodrigo Martinez

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Machete
  • The Machete
  • 167 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 08:16 AM

So, 75 matches in the faction warfare? No matter how much I hit per mach, one match = one try? 1000, 2000, 200 - one try. 75 faction warfare matches? Sounds too much. But for the quick play it's a great deal.

#172 Ironically Ironclad Irony

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • 192 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 09:18 AM

Rodrigo, I feel bad for the soul that is *trying* to grab all 75 cw bags... I will be playing cw anyway so this is a nice bonus!

#173 Sonny Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 445 posts
  • LocationThe Motion Lounge

Posted 23 December 2015 - 09:52 AM

View PostLupis Volk, on 22 December 2015 - 09:28 PM, said:

Sigh this stocking stuffer only shows me how bad my luck is. Thanks PGI for making me depressed over big stompy robots.

A small question....Do you have more stuff now than when you started? If the answer is yes then repeat after me...Life...Is...Good.

#174 Krizzman

• PipPip
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • 22 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 10:37 AM

View Postshopsmart, on 22 December 2015 - 05:38 PM, said:

Thanks PGI for the extra 25 redeems. Rifleman gets it, warhammer got it, archer gets it... maruader never got it. Why not some MAD love for us MAD lovers Posted Image

https://mwomercs.com...t=201509payback

"MAD lovers" got MC, if I recall correctly

#175 Lujke85

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 31 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 11:19 AM

Thanks PGI! That rifleman bonus got me the centurion I always wanted!

#176 ArcIyte

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 11:39 AM

Is anyone else not getting stockings anymore? I was getting them fine yesterday, but today I haven't gotten any.

edit: NM, wrong account login lol

Edited by ArcIyte, 23 December 2015 - 11:39 AM.

#177 Lupis Volk

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 2,126 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 12:49 PM

View PostSonny Black, on 23 December 2015 - 09:52 AM, said:

A small question....Do you have more stuff now than when you started? If the answer is yes then repeat after me...Life...Is...Good.

No the issue is. I have THE worst luck with RNG. So when ever a event uses a RNG gift system i get very, very angry.

#178 Seal Farmer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 01:00 PM

View PostLRM 666, on 22 December 2015 - 08:04 PM, said:

lol gibberish

LOL if you wanted to buy pack you would have bought it, not wait to see if you get free grab bags or an event, i don't know of a single other person who would not buy a pack until they see if an event was associated with it or not.

PGI is giving extra freebies to reward people who bought the packs already & if anyone was too late to pre-order the Rifleman a little incentive maybe, but if you want the mechs you would buy without this need.

Good one PGI

#179 Lupis Volk

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 2,126 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 01:05 PM

i wished PGI made it so you had a 100% chance of getting the mech from one of the stockings from the pre-order mech stockings.

#180 Windscape

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • 757 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 01:19 PM

thx for the rifleman PGI, I got the centurion on the second try :P (before my rifleman redeems.) I probably would have made a rant if i dint get any free stuff, because its the only pack I have ever purchased. A bit disappointed on the lack of mechbays, because I was going to buy a set of crabs, i was hoping i could get some mechbays so i wouldn't be forced to change faction. Other than that, thx for the event! besides the fact I'm on vacation using a crummy laptop.
:D

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users