• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 22 December 2015 - 02:12 PM

View PostDarthRevis, on 22 December 2015 - 10:37 AM, said:

Do you have proof of this?

Health hack? Wut?

Sounds to me like you dont understand hit reg and any other ping related issues and just assume its HACKS.

Keep that tin foil hat on bud, your really are something. Just make up new hacks each day to make you feel better at night i guess?

Where is your a health hack even exits? All of that is server side dude, so please explain to me who is so good they are hacking the servers.

His unnamed inside sourse that he think is right almost 100% of the time.

It's totally reliable!

He was told so.

#82 EasyPickings

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 192 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 22 December 2015 - 02:14 PM

I remember spotting an ECM'd Arctic Cheetah on Mining Colony, just sitting in the shadows and sniping away at our team. I circled wide and got behind him in my 6x SPL Jenner and alpha'd him in the back. He never had any time to respond; that alpha took him out.

Most of the time, though, my 200+ ping rates make for serious lag issues when trying to hit moving targets. Those lag issues are more apparent when you spectate and see someone firing a couple of metres behind their targets and think that their aim is off. It's not - its just the lag showing what's really happening. They're probably thinking that they are smack on target.

Some days are worse than others with lag, despite the ping staying around 220-270. Sometimes I think that the enemy must have some sort of armour buffing hack because I'm sure I've put out more than enough firepower into their CT to kill them. Then, afterwards, I see the damage I've actually put out and realise that lag has crippled my game.

#83 Ken Harkin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 339 posts
  • LocationLong Island, New York, USA

Posted 22 December 2015 - 02:30 PM

View Postgh0s7m3rc, on 22 December 2015 - 04:59 AM, said:

Also, there's the Module "Seismic Sensor". Posted Image
I myself feel a bit like a hacker when "surprising" someone coming out of cover. Posted Image

http://mwo.gamepedia.../Seismic_Sensor

Seismic Sensor is the most valuable module in the game. I have one on each mech in my CW drop deck and another that I hot swap to other mechs I am playing. Throwing that on my Marauder 3R with 4 MPL and an AC 20 makes me feel dirty. Rich but dirty.

#84 Psycho Icon

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 02:38 PM

There are wallhacks and aimbots, there are even aimbots that fire your lasers when you target over the person your weapons fire so it doesnt look like it. There are aimbots that can target specific components and purposely miss, and most of them use short ranged short duration weapons so its not noticeable.

#85 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 22 December 2015 - 03:00 PM

View PostTWIAFU, on 22 December 2015 - 09:29 AM, said:

The Wisdom of a fool will not set you free.

But the Bliss of Ignorance may yet Enlighten you.

#86 Xoco

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 281 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 03:13 AM

Frankly I would have been happier if it is a hack.

Things like ECM (and even more so, Seismic Sensor and Radar Derp) is the epitome of P2Win (or just grind to win). They are completely inaccessible to new players, and give an edge to older, more experienced players.
Weapon modules and what not doesn't make much of a difference as far as effectiveness go, but those two...they are game changers.

#87 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 23 December 2015 - 03:38 AM

View PostXoco, on 23 December 2015 - 03:13 AM, said:

Frankly I would have been happier if it is a hack.

Things like ECM (and even more so, Seismic Sensor and Radar Derp) is the epitome of P2Win (or just grind to win). They are completely inaccessible to new players, and give an edge to older, more experienced players.
Weapon modules and what not doesn't make much of a difference as far as effectiveness go, but those two...they are game changers.

they should be cheaper in xp and cbills to allow the newbies to outfit a dropdeck faster. gathering and equipping 4 mechs alone will take them time, and the modules ontop is just very massively, especially since they are newbies and may perform not soo good getting them less cbills per match.

Edited by Lily from animove, 23 December 2015 - 03:39 AM.

#88 Inkarnus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,074 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 23 December 2015 - 04:43 AM

View PostJohnny Z, on 23 December 2015 - 03:55 AM, said:

The last part of this I couldn't agree with more. If someone isn't cheating they have no worries, but not being aware doesn't help anyone. I'm sure I have been checked for cheating before. I have had 15 victories with 3.3k damage on the Galaxy map before. I havnt worried for a moment I would get banned. But then I don't even use macros or anything else at all. Just practice and playing legit and instinct that comes from that. It isn't my aim that gets me good scores. I don't have perfect aim. Its piloting and evasion and positioning etc. A good aim only getting a score like that is an aim bot. Period.

This is exactly like sports. Players play a game that has rules etc. If someone gets cheap and wants to fight they should have gone into boxing and wrestling where both players know the score rather than being dirty when the other player isn't looking, which can result in serious injury. So for the most part all players in all sports don't mind the referee being there at all. Referee's don't play any part in the game at all so its all cool.

well i find it naiv in todays world to say a game is cheater free. There are 3 kinds of people that do this:
1. very naive people that believe in the good of everybody
2. people that know there friends are cheat and want to sweep it under the rug
3. people that cheat.

Sure one can argue that the amount of RAGECHEATER are pretty low the most visible form of cheaters.
Especially in MWO since the chance of getting banned and to start over is an immense deterrent for these kind of players.
So we are left with the 2 most widespread sources of hackers the casual cheater and the competitive cheater.
While the casual cheater isnt that much of a problem since he just uses cheats as an equalizer to be good. Which especially in MWO doesnt really work from the get go since you do need to understand the mechanics and cant just club the enemy with superior aim easy.

Then we have the most nasty and hardest to reveal hacker form the competitive hacker. These are peopel that are already good but for what ever reason feel that they need to have an edge(peer pressure w/e). They are easyst to find out in pressure situations when there team is losing. I witnessed this on some twitch streams pretty adamant is all i say to this.
These will be the guys that will soon emerge again in uncountable numbers since we have a 100k tournemant soon going easy money for them and the coder.

This is mostly posted to rise awareness and reflect on it. Since nobody enjoys cheaters in online multiplayer games or in RL.

Edited by Inkarnus, 23 December 2015 - 04:54 AM.

#89 Catalina Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 2,119 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationNagelring Academy

Posted 23 December 2015 - 04:45 AM

I removed all posts which contained insults against another person, unconstructive content and quotes of posts like that.
This is a discussion and not the place for ego fights. Stay out of this, if you don't want your posts removed.

It's also ridiculous to use other nicknames to brag about your skills with this newbie account. There is no reason for it but to pick a fight.

#90 Clownwarlord

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,410 posts
  • LocationBusy stealing clan mechs.

Posted 23 December 2015 - 04:54 AM

There is no hack for ghosting behind players. That usually is a light mech with ecm and **** ton of small pulses to blast the rear armor out of the enemy.

#91 beerandasmoke

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 04:54 AM

View PostInkarnus, on 23 December 2015 - 04:43 AM, said:

well i find it naiv in todays world to say a game is cheater free. There are 3 kinds of people that do this:
1. very naive people that believe in the good of everybody
2. people that know there friends are hacking and want to sweep it under the rug
3. people that hack.

Sure one can argue that the amount of RAGECHEATER are pretty low the most visible form of cheaters.
Especially in MWO since the chance of getting banned and to start over is an immense deterrent for these kind of players.
So we are left with the 2 most widespread sources of hackers the casual cheater and the competitive cheater.
While the casual cheater isnt that much of a problem since he just uses cheats as an equalizer to be good. Which especially in MWO doesnt really work from the get go since you do need to understand the mechanics and cant just club the enemy with superior aim easy.

Then we have the most nasty and hardest to reveal hacker form the competitive hacker. These are peopel that are already good but for what ever reason feel that they need to have an edge(peer pressure w/e). They are easyst to find out in pressure situations when there team is losing. I witnessed this on some mwo streams pretty adamant is all i say to this.
These will be the guys that will soon emerge again in uncountable numbers since we have a 100k tournemant soon going easy money for them and the coder.

You would have to be an idiot to hack that tournament. PGI will check all accounts and pilots will be able to watch replays. The last moron that tried to hack a for money tournament got caught. Not only did her main account get banned but all 7 of her alts as well. Thats a ton of money and time up in smoke for the chance at some quick cash. There was some hacking in game before the ban wave but since then I havent seen any besides one idiot in a jager who headshotted 6 pilots including myself in a match and only did 180dmg. It was so blatant that I knew he wouldnt last long especially with the report feature.

#92 Inkarnus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,074 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 23 December 2015 - 04:58 AM

View Postbeerandasmoke, on 23 December 2015 - 04:54 AM, said:

You would have to be an idiot to hack that tournament. PGI will check all accounts and pilots will be able to watch replays. The last moron that tried to hack a for money tournament got caught. Not only did her main account get banned but all 7 of her alts as well. Thats a ton of money and time up in smoke for the chance at some quick cash. There was some hacking in game before the ban wave but since then I havent seen any besides one idiot in a jager who headshotted 6 pilots including myself in a match and only did 180dmg. It was so blatant that I knew he wouldnt last long especially with the report feature.

dude seriously to take the tour de france 20xx 1st guys is the 39 ?th atm becaus all others got DISQUALIFIED and thats an event that took place under the harschest conditions to prevent doping and cheating and there
are REAL consequences to it.
I dont want to argue about the effectivness of PGI but you sure do sugercoat it pretty hard.
Same with some LAN events that got proven that people were cheating but not ON THE SPOT even
thou hunderets of people were watching such matches LIVE.
Its up to the point were you can only give people consoles with a blackbox system to not let people cheat
for money. But i assure you at some point even this will be not enough since some humans are pretty adamant and intelligent about breaking the rules and cashing in on it.

Edited by Inkarnus, 23 December 2015 - 05:07 AM.

#93 beerandasmoke

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 05:03 AM

View PostLily from animove, on 23 December 2015 - 03:38 AM, said:

they should be cheaper in xp and cbills to allow the newbies to outfit a dropdeck faster. gathering and equipping 4 mechs alone will take them time, and the modules ontop is just very massively, especially since they are newbies and may perform not soo good getting them less cbills per match.

I agree 6 Million for a single module is outrageous. Plus the time it takes to build up the gxp to unlock the module can be steep for new players as well. If they insist on keeping it at that price they at least should have sales two or three times a year on modules. I can only remember one.

#94 Widowmaker1981

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts
  • LocationAt the other end of the pretty lights.

Posted 23 December 2015 - 05:05 AM

View PostInkarnus, on 23 December 2015 - 04:58 AM, said:

dude seriously to take the tour de france 20xx 1st guys is the 39 ?th atm becaus all others got DISQUALIFIED and thats an even that took place under the harsches conditions to prevent doping and cheating.
I dont want to argue about the effectivness of PGI but you sure do sugercoat it pretty hard.

Comparison fail.

I'm a fairly keen cyclist and know what you are talking about, and its totally different for a number of reasons - biggest one being that blood doping is ludicrously hard to detect since it doesnt actually involve adding any foreign substance to your body - in simple terms they take out a bunch of oxygen rich blood and store it, your body replaces it naturally, and then the stored blood is re-introduced, which increases the oxygen transport ability of the athlete. Cheating in a MWO tournament is EASY to detect, because spectators and streaming for a start.

Another thing is that in the era of cycling you are talking about, EVERYONE was doing it, its been ingrained in cycling for a very long time, and the sport is only just starting to clean up. In TDF a very long time ago it actually said that athletes 'had to provide their own drugs, the tour wouldn't provide them' - it was literally allowed. Changing that culture is hard.

#95 beerandasmoke

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 05:09 AM

dude seriously to take the tour de france 20xx 1st guys is the 39 ?th atm becaus all others got DISQUALIFIED and thats an event that took place under the harschest conditions to prevent doping and cheating and there
Same with some LAN events that got proven that people were cheating but not ON THE SPOT even
thou hunderes of people were watching such matches LIVE.
Its up to the point were you can only give people consoles with a blackbox system to not let people cheat
for money. But i assure you at some point even this will be not enough since some humans are pretty adamant and intelligent about breaking the rules and cashing in on it.

I understand your point but if a game company punishes hackers severely then you will see much less of it. PGI punishes hackers pretty damn harshly with a permaban and possible ip ban which gets the alts as well. This discourages a lot of hackers. Now take for example World of Tanks who slaps people on the wrist with a week ban and lets them keep the prizes the exploited to win such as the recent rampage event for the SR22 which had hundreds of players exploiting from the top clans. WOT wouldnt step and punish them so they will do it again and again which causes players to leave the game.

#96 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 23 December 2015 - 05:10 AM

thou hunderets of people were watching such matches LIVE.

Good point. The cheats will swarm that tournament. Anyone denying how bad it is for cheating in gaming these days is only fooling themselves. Its really bad, to put it simply.

#97 Inkarnus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,074 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 23 December 2015 - 05:11 AM

View PostWidowmaker1981, on 23 December 2015 - 05:05 AM, said:

Comparison fail.

I'm a fairly keen cyclist and know what you are talking about, and its totally different for a number of reasons - biggest one being that blood doping is ludicrously hard to detect since it doesnt actually involve adding any foreign substance to your body - in simple terms they take out a bunch of oxygen rich blood and store it, your body replaces it naturally, and then the stored blood is re-introduced, which increases the oxygen transport ability of the athlete. Cheating in a MWO tournament is EASY to detect, because spectators and streaming for a start.

Another thing is that in the era of cycling you are talking about, EVERYONE was doing it, its been ingrained in cycling for a very long time, and the sport is only just starting to clean up. In TDF a very long time ago it actually said that athletes 'had to provide their own drugs, the tour wouldn't provide them' - it was literally allowed. Changing that culture is hard.

Well good cheating is too LUDICROUSLY HARD TO DETECT...
"Cheating in a MWO tournament is EASY to detect, because spectators and streaming for a start."
No it is not and it is at the point where even twitch streamers do it openly some get caught most didnt.
"EVERYONE was doing it"
Yeah because some insane person cheats i need to cheat too to stay competitive!
and there we are at the devils circle(snake biting his tail?) of the problem!

you always get such responses on questions like "why did you cheat"?
"EVERYONE was doing it"
" I was forced too because everyone else did it"
"I did not cheat"
/ peer pressure in its finest form!

Edited by Inkarnus, 23 December 2015 - 05:17 AM.

#98 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 23 December 2015 - 05:13 AM

View PostWidowmaker1981, on 23 December 2015 - 05:05 AM, said:

HAHAHA, NO!!! Not even in the high end Counterstrike leagues and public finals were cheats detected. The were revealed by the ccheat creators themselves. No one, even if everyone wtached, detected them. yes Wallhacks won't work when someone would watch you from behind. But their is various forms of cheating and hacks are very complex toda,y they aren't stupid programs, they are real software engineering and on professional level try to hide your cheating activities by looking very legit and pro. They are tools to give you the vital edge. Those going" godmode" aka just balatant, well sure they will fail staying hidden.

here something of the last year http://www.pcgamer.c...ers-are-banned/
more interesting part is at the "the nature of the hack" part in the article.

Also somewhat interesting and how much VAC truly protects: http://www.pcgamer.c...-game-cheating/

MWO may not have something that highly developed, because MWO isn't profitable enough (atm) to justify such huge effort and invenstments into creating such hacks. But cheating went far in our society. Very far. It's a rue business nowdays.

Edited by Lily from animove, 23 December 2015 - 05:25 AM.

#99 Widowmaker1981

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts
  • LocationAt the other end of the pretty lights.

Posted 23 December 2015 - 05:17 AM

View PostLily from animove, on 23 December 2015 - 05:13 AM, said:

HAHAHA, NO!!! Not even in the high end Counterstrike leagues and public finals were cheats detected. The were revealed by the ccheat creators themselves. No one, even if everyone wtached, detected them. yes Wallhacks won't work when someone would watch you from behind. But their is various forms of cheating and hacks are very complex toda,y they aren't stupid programs, they are real software engineering and on professional level try to hide your cheating activities by looking very legit and pro. They are tools to give you the vital edge. Those going" godmode" aka just balatant, well sure they will fail staying hidden.

MWO may nto have somethign that highly developed, because MWO isn't profitable enough (atm) to justify such huge effort and invenstments into creating such hacks. But cheating went far in our society. Very far. It's a rue business nowdays.

Easy way to stop it - force all competitors to stream. Wallhacks and Aimbots become obvious, no other hacks exist for MWO to my knowledge.

#100 beerandasmoke

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 05:20 AM

View PostLily from animove, on 23 December 2015 - 05:13 AM, said:

MWO may nto have somethign that highly developed, because MWO isn't profitable enough (atm) to justify such huge effort and invenstments into creating such hacks. But cheating went far in our society. Very far. It's a rue business nowdays.

Thats another good point. MWO just isnt popular enough to make hacks and cheats for at the moment. There is only one that we know of right now. Now if it were to grow to the size of World of Tanks then yeah there is serious potential for a problem then. On the other hand WOT lets people mod the game pretty heavily and thats where a lot of the hacks came from such as warpack. That coupled with the fact that they dont punish hackers is why 1 in 10 people are hacking the game according to their reports.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users