#61 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 02 January 2016 - 12:53 AM

View PostDer Hesse, on 25 December 2015 - 07:26 AM, said:

Are you serious that this shall be viable build that can outperform a 4 C large pulselaser Warhawk (why would you drive that anyways)?

You do realize that the 4cLPL PeaceDove is among the most powerful builds for that mech, right? And 3 for the 9SE (or 4 if you choose XL). 5 is overkill.

As for IS to Clam balance, PGI has chosen their stance.
They will quirk mechs into competition for God Tier status, while keeping Trash Tier mechs Trash Tier until quirk changes.

Whether that Trash Tier mech is Spheroid (Vindicator) or Clam (SadCat) is irrelevant in this period of the game. The BlackJack beats both of them handily, with better hardpoints, better hardpoint locations, better hitboxes, and better quirks on top of all those advantages.

It compares to the DoomCrow, a mech 10 tons heavier. Both are God Tier.
Remove the BJ quirks? It slips down, to still better than the SadCat and Vindi, but worse than the Crow (cXL+60% damage reduction, on top of more armour, means a far better robot).

PGI will do what they will do. They don't seem interested in balancing the factions, but just quirking everything until it's adequate.
That's as opposed to balancing the techs, then quirking the underperformers (such as the Vindi to BJ comparison, BJ will always be superior with the same tech).

#62 Russhuster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 722 posts
  • LocationBayern

Posted 03 January 2016 - 12:56 AM

that is no mechwarrior game anymore

Just a average robot shooter game

#63 Der Hesse

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 545 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 06:53 AM

View PostMcgral18, on 02 January 2016 - 12:53 AM, said:

You do realize that the 4cLPL PeaceDove is among the most powerful builds for that mech, right? And 3 for the 9SE (or 4 if you choose XL). 5 is overkill.

As for IS to Clam balance, PGI has chosen their stance.
They will quirk mechs into competition for God Tier status, while keeping Trash Tier mechs Trash Tier until quirk changes.

Whether that Trash Tier mech is Spheroid (Vindicator) or Clam (SadCat) is irrelevant in this period of the game. The BlackJack beats both of them handily, with better hardpoints, better hardpoint locations, better hitboxes, and better quirks on top of all those advantages.

It compares to the DoomCrow, a mech 10 tons heavier. Both are God Tier.
Remove the BJ quirks? It slips down, to still better than the SadCat and Vindi, but worse than the Crow (cXL+60% damage reduction, on top of more armour, means a far better robot).

PGI will do what they will do. They don't seem interested in balancing the factions, but just quirking everything until it's adequate.
That's as opposed to balancing the techs, then quirking the underperformers (such as the Vindi to BJ comparison, BJ will always be superior with the same tech).

Well, if i had to drive a Warhawk i would get a gauss and 3 LPL. But what i meant was more like: "why should i use a warhawk at all". It´s not the worst omnimech, but ther are better ones imo.
And yes, 5 LPL on a Thunderbolt is indeed overkill. So why should anyone think of driving that abomination and even say it runs cool.

I also agree that the balance between most mechs is bad.

But this thread was to tell that i got the feeling that you can finally build a dropdeck with the best IS mechs that is comparable to one with the best Clan mechs. And that is what counts for me because it makes the game fair for those knowing how to play and win.

I had the feeling i should post about this because i did rant a lot in the past because of the bad IS/Clan balancing. And im not the type of man who only rants. I also tell when i think something is good.

Edited by Der Hesse, 03 January 2016 - 07:26 AM.

#64 Rocket2Uranus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 359 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 09:53 PM

DireWolf can't even turn to defend its back from heavy mechs.

Thats how freaking fast they are. lol

#65 Widowmaker1981

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts
  • LocationAt the other end of the pretty lights.

Posted 05 February 2016 - 04:57 AM

View PostDer Hesse, on 25 December 2015 - 07:26 AM, said:

Your suggested build:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...b24b2608b62d8e6

Are you serious that this shall be viable build that can outperform a 4 C large pulselaser Warhawk (why would you drive that anyways)?

49.8 kph max, deadly IS XL engine and cooling efficiency of 24%, ghost heat not included.

Seems to be some kind of logic only a bavarian can understand.

Oh come on, be reasonable. That is an utterly terrible attempt at a build. 5 seconds modification gets me TDR-9SE which is much more reasonable. Still bad, 5LPL is overkill for the TDR.. but your build is trying to make it look worse than it is.

#66 Der Hesse

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 545 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 05:11 AM

Yeah, i didn´t take the time to optimize it. Your´s is much better indeed. But it was his argument so don´t blame me. He should have given numbers himself if he wanted to prove something. Still a very bad mech and no enemy for a well built Warhawk.

#67 Jack Spade Ward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 432 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 05 February 2016 - 04:05 PM

View PostRusshuster, on 25 December 2015 - 05:29 AM, said:

May i ask what is causing that picture in you
Clan has superior speed ?
every IS light Robot laughs over Clan light mechs, you can get even IS mediums at 110 - 120 kph some even faster ( Example Cicada: app 140 kph)
same in the heavies and lets see the Assault mechs ? Atlas 69.5 kph after dec nerf Direwolf 48 kph
You do see superior Speed on Clan side? really?

Better Alpha strike,.. lets see An Clan Warhawk(85 ton mech) can fire 4 large pulse lasers when one builds 10 extra double heat sinks and the heat almost gives you an immediate shut down
A IS THunderbolt(65 ton mech) can do the same even firing 5 heavy pulse lasers and not geting even warm
the Wubbolt can fire 4 heavy pulsers repeatedly ,.. better Alpha capacity on Clan side ?

Ah firing 2 Clan heavy UAC or isnt wise neither as the ghost heat shuts you down

we wont speak of heavy buffs to IS to agility speed heat Armor, Structure ,.. and what you want else

that leaves absolute NO advantage on clan side right?

Ah and you re right as the only clan light that can cope with the speed of every IS light it deserves to be nerfed severely
would nt it be easier toask for a god-mode button in the IS cockpits?

but please feel free to refute what i did write, with a line of reasoning

When you say Balance is One side having about all disadvantages the other all advantages then you are right
we have achieved a perfect Balance

But to give honesty honour Clan has one advantage that be the clan XL reactor what most clan mechs can not change
neither structure or armor
Or the smaller, lighter equipment? we pay for the lighter equipment with a ridiculous puny payload on most Clan mechs
20,6 Ton Payload in a 70 ton mech or 15.5 tons in a 50 ton mech for example
given the same speed even a IS light mech is laughing at both of them ( tested with a FS9-A at 81 kph)
and an is med laser hs the same weight than the clan counterpart

So could you please explain where you see an advantage for clans ?

I do se no balance at all

So very true...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users