• You cannot reply to this topic
36 replies to this topic

#21 CrazyWorm9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 267 posts

Posted 26 December 2015 - 08:24 AM

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...a6847ecfd52e800 this is my build for the AH on the loyalty one and it works for the normal one as well its not fancy but it is ok if you use the lrms early game then finish the match out with the lbx its not ammo efficient for cw but is good for normal pug matches and working in a team

#22 DaveRatters

• PipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 68 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 26 December 2015 - 09:15 AM

This is my old favourite - light on ammo but if you make every shot count you can make some reasonably good scores

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...39029720941c29e

Great fun brawler - I have owned all the Centurions - one of the most fun is the CN9-D - yes it mounts a single LBX-10 but with the quirks it fires like a machine shotgun - very fun.

#23 Sylow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 194 posts

Posted 26 December 2015 - 12:02 PM

As i got the AH for free already more than once, i have several variants in my garage. While several of them are listed already here, i found this one to be extra fun and even nicely effective. It lacks the "all brawler" capacities of the other setups described here, but iIf you do proper torso twisting and tanking with our left arm, you'll find that this setup is not that much weaker in brawling than the others suggested here. You might have less of immediate punch, but in the long run the heatsinks determine how much damage you can do, so you are still fine. At the same time having LRMs makes it so much easier to stand back and wait for the proper time to go in. :D

Additional advantages of the LRMs are that you can already soften up the enemy before you go toe to toe, you can use them (chainfire for that) to force them into cover, and of course it has the nice bonus that regularily a light will try to snack the "LRM boat", just to then find out that an AC20 to the face is what they really do not enjoy.

It's not the best solo fighter, but when working with your team it can be really awesome.

#24 CJ Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 222 posts

Posted 26 December 2015 - 06:30 PM

View PostSylow, on 26 December 2015 - 12:02 PM, said:

, i found this one to be extra fun and even nicely effective.

looks like a nice flanker.. But again, i would drop a launcher and run extra ac-20 ammo.. :) AH with no back up energy just needs it.

#25 Satan n stuff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,508 posts
  • LocationLooking right at you, lining up my shot.

Posted 27 December 2015 - 04:06 AM

View PostLeone, on 25 December 2015 - 09:01 PM, said:

Allow me to offer an Alternative concept. And then, if you like concept, you can invest further. Eventually deciding to get a different engine, maybe something XL to go faster, or something smaller, for more Firepower!

~Leone.

I'd say a 200 engine rating is too low for a DPS based 50 tonner, it's only barely doable for a high alpha one and the DPS builds are much more likely to get hit even when they do move at a decent speed.

#26 dragnier1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 27 December 2015 - 08:34 AM

View PostGoritude, on 26 December 2015 - 03:08 AM, said:

If I sell the Centurion, I get 700 000+ cb, that's a lot.

That amount seemed a lot to me when i first started playing, but after my first Atlas i realised it was more like having 70 cents, not enough to buy me anything.

It's up to you whether to keep it or not. Personally i find Centurions to be a fun set to play with.

#27 Goritude

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 45 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 27 December 2015 - 09:00 AM

View Postdragnier1, on 27 December 2015 - 08:34 AM, said:

That amount seemed a lot to me when i first started playing, but after my first Atlas i realised it was more like having 70 cents, not enough to buy me anything.

It's up to you whether to keep it or not. Personally i find Centurions to be a fun set to play with.

True. I farm CB faster now. Helped by a 1 day premium boost from event.

I will keep my naked Centurion and invest later.

#28 Siggymansz

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 10:19 PM

how did you win the centurion? can you still win it? how high was your match score?

#29 WrathOfDeadguy

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 11:15 PM

You can, indeed, still win the CN9-AH. The Event runs until the 1st of January. The requirements are for a match score of 150 in quick play (group or solo queue) or 100 in faction play (Community Warfare)- after that, it's all down to luck. You have a fixed chance of receiving the CN9-AH Grand Prize in any "stocking stuffer" loot drop, and up to 150 chances to win it (unless you have either the Archer or Rifleman preorder packages, in which case add 25 chances for each)!. Just play with your game face on for the next couple of days and you'll have a good chance of winning the 'Mech! It's really one of the best Centurion variants; if you ever plan to get Cents, you should definitely try to get this one during the event.

#30 Spetulhu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 133 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 12:26 AM

View PostPS WrathOfDeadguy, on 28 December 2015 - 11:15 PM, said:

Just play with your game face on for the next couple of days and you'll have a good chance of winning the 'Mech!

Exactly so. And as the requirement is match score you don't even have to be on the winning team! Using a pretty nasty Stalker and losing I still made the score with one kill and just above 300 damage done despite not really being where the main fight was (lost), for example. Derping about in a light and running off to get killed in the first minute doesn't work, there you really have to think a bit on what you're doing. Say find one of those isolated assaults and shoot them in the rear center torso...

#31 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,933 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 29 December 2015 - 06:18 AM

I had an XL 260 so I put that in my AH. 336 (two shy of max) armor. 2 SRM 4 w/ 2 tons ammo, AC/20 w/ 4 tons ammo. Its been a great performer. After I won it, I took advantage of the sale and bought the A(c)...which I am not a big fan of the mere AC/10; and the Yen-Lo-Wang. Like the Yen-lo for ability to still be playable with a std engine, but the limited hardpoints/firepower makes me think an XL is the way to go here as well to give it more of a flanker roll, especially in light of how well the AH has performed.

#32 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 31 December 2015 - 02:00 PM

View Postdragnier1, on 27 December 2015 - 08:34 AM, said:

If you don't use consumables, you can make 700,000 in about 4-5 decent matches.

#33 Moldur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 31 December 2015 - 02:33 PM

Unless you're hurting on mech bay space, any ol' IS chassis you get is probably worth holding onto for the possible re-re-re-requirkening that'll make it a tier 1 pug stomper.

#34 knight-of-ni

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,627 posts
  • Location/dev/null

Posted 31 December 2015 - 03:11 PM

If you don't have the AH already, then keep it.
If you already have two, like me, then sell it, and thank PGI for the free mech bay.

#35 Sadist Cain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 605 posts

Posted 31 December 2015 - 04:28 PM

80kph - 21 ac20 - 300 SRM4

#36 Kalamity27

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 145 posts
  • LocationEST

Posted 31 December 2015 - 06:55 PM

View PostGoritude, on 26 December 2015 - 03:08 AM, said:

If I sell the Centurion, I get 700 000+ cb, that's a lot.

I would suggest keeping it. I almost always regret selling a mech. You never know when the meta will shift. Plus the mechbay sale is on!

#37 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 31 December 2015 - 11:28 PM

View PostCpt Leonidas, on 31 December 2015 - 06:55 PM, said:

I would suggest keeping it. I almost always regret selling a mech. You never know when the meta will shift. Plus the mechbay sale is on!

You also never know when you'll get the itch back. I now regret selling my blackjacks, because I really wanna get back into them, and pilot them again.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users