Been Off A Long Time.

15 replies to this topic

#1 Nokadota Aririnkichiri

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationPompey.

Posted 27 December 2015 - 01:11 PM

Played when it first came out, just started playing again 4 days ago but 95% of the time i'm getting owned by all the missile carriers, are they OP or is it that everyone and their uncle are running with missiles.

I'm running two heavy mechs but just get bombed to pieces in no time, most of the time i can't run coz of being shot at from every angle.

I'm not enjoying it so much.

#2 Moldur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 27 December 2015 - 01:15 PM

It depends on the match. Sometimes you get unlucky and the entire enemy team has lrms, narc, it's caustic valley, you have no ecm, the whole shabang.

Other times there isn't a single lrm mech in the match.

Usually when I am outranged by the entire other team, I don't bother peeking. The range usually closes eventually. No point in finally being in range at 70% durability after useless peeking instead of 95%

#3 Wrathful Scythe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 715 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 27 December 2015 - 01:16 PM

Try mounting AMS and always keep your surroundings in mind. Try to search for cover and avoid open space. Also, if your team has an ECM mech, try to get near it.

LRMs can be brutal but only if you play into your opponents hands. LRMs are currently one of the less good weapons because they are not really effective against someone who knows how to avoid them.

#4 Amsro

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,436 posts
  • LocationCharging my Gauss Rifle

Posted 27 December 2015 - 01:20 PM

What heavy mechs are you using? What is your loadout?

There are still many counters to LRM, although the 90m ECM range has boosted some life into LRM's.

Dual AMS mechs are a h@@t. Posted Image

#5 stjobe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,498 posts
  • LocationOn your six, chipping away at your rear armour.

Posted 27 December 2015 - 01:23 PM

* Mount AMS. No skipping on this one; if you have an AMS hard point, it needs to be filled.
* Mount ECM if you have the hard point. No skipping on this one either.
* When you get the cash, grab a Radar Deprivation module; it cuts the missile lock when you move out of sight.
* Until then:
** Move under cover, don't stand in the open
** Move with the group so their ECM and AMS covers you too
** When you hear/see the INCOMING MISSILES warning - run for cover. Don't walk, run.

LRMs can only hurt you if you let them; be smart and deny them all that tonnage they spent on launchers and ammo.

#6 Nokadota Aririnkichiri

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationPompey.

Posted 27 December 2015 - 01:25 PM

View PostAmsro, on 27 December 2015 - 01:20 PM, said:

What heavy mechs are you using? What is your loadout?

There are still many counters to LRM, although the 90m ECM range has boosted some life into LRM's.

Dual AMS mechs are a h@@t. Posted Image

The thunderbolt and timberwolf both with lasers i'm still learning and trying different mechs.
Although i have had better results with the ACH light mech it's easier/faster to run and hide.

#7 Narcissistic Martyr

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 4,242 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted 27 December 2015 - 01:33 PM

Getting owned by LRMs is usually a pilot issue. Getting surrounded and instagibbed is almost always a matter of you got off sides and your allies couldn't support you.

For LRM defense may I suggest fitting AMS and hiding behind buildings?

For getting surrounded may I suggesty not leaving your meat shields behind?

#8 MechaBattler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,122 posts

Posted 27 December 2015 - 01:39 PM

You always have to keep in mind cover. But there are going to be those situations where no one wants to advance. Despite getting pounded by LRMs. So you're literally stuck waiting for a push to happen.

As long as you're not using a slow mech and keep your surroundings in mind. You should be able to avoid a lot of LRM damage. But sometimes if you slip out too far, you might find some 100+ LRM boat ruining your day. I've seen my armor get skinned off my mech.

#9 Amsro

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,436 posts
  • LocationCharging my Gauss Rifle

Posted 27 December 2015 - 02:41 PM

View PostSkorpyone, on 27 December 2015 - 01:25 PM, said:

The thunderbolt and timberwolf both with lasers i'm still learning and trying different mechs.
Although i have had better results with the ACH light mech it's easier/faster to run and hide.

What is your thunderbolt build?

Maybe I can help. What variant, it is a great mech and should be giving you no problems.

#10 Creag

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 419 posts
  • Locationadelaide Australia

Posted 27 December 2015 - 02:46 PM

Also don't forget IS lrm's min range is 180' while clan lrm's can still do min damage close range as well.

#11 Tyler Valentine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Corporal
  • 1,472 posts
  • LocationChandler, Arizona

Posted 28 December 2015 - 10:53 AM

View PostSkorpyone, on 27 December 2015 - 01:11 PM, said:

Played when it first came out, just started playing again 4 days ago but 95% of the time i'm getting owned by all the missile carriers, are they OP or is it that everyone and their uncle are running with missiles.

I'm running two heavy mechs but just get bombed to pieces in no time, most of the time i can't run coz of being shot at from every angle.

When you hear "warning, incoming missile" you need to move behind something tall or get out of the enemy LOS. Missiles are UP once you learn to avoid them.

#12 Cion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 750 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 11:11 AM

as mentioned before, mount AMS. I dismiss any LRM complainers when they do not mount AMS.

After doing so, even though you pilot heavier mechs, **Do not be the first to be spotted** LRMers will automatically target you and fire at you if you are the first to be spotted. Many noob Lrmers also dont change targets that often, so even if you break lock, they'll lock on to you again.

Third, take a few testing grounds rounds and familiarize yourself with the map. See where you can take cover from Lurms.

good luck!

#13 C I L L I P U D D I

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 188 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 12:56 PM

If the enemy team has LRMs you puhs into the LRMs and mash them. If you sit in around fiddling with you jiblets then you die. Moral of the story, take charge and push into them. People want to waste the 1st 5 minutes sitting around waitin, when they could have already won in the first 2 minutes.

#14 Raggedyman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,278 posts
  • LocationFreedonia Institute of Mech Husbandry

Posted 28 December 2015 - 01:05 PM

hug walls and avoid open terrain, as soon as Betty tells you there are missiles incoming get under cover. get inside their range and then spamshot them to hell as they throw rods of nothingness at you. Use their helmets as beer glasses

Stick with the main ball, that should help as it'll give you some community AMS

It's changed a lot, so it may not be a game you now enjoy.

#15 Charlie Grant

• PipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 41 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 02:06 PM

Depending how long you've been gone, you might not know about UAVs. If you're parked under one then the entire enemy team can detect and target you.

#16 Nokadota Aririnkichiri

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationPompey.

Posted 29 December 2015 - 08:50 AM

View PostCharlie Grant, on 28 December 2015 - 02:06 PM, said:

Depending how long you've been gone, you might not know about UAVs. If you're parked under one then the entire enemy team can detect and target you.

Well on my main account i'm a founder played for less than a month now just got back into it.

18 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 18 guests, 0 anonymous users