Just Want To Say Thanks.

110 replies to this topic

#41 Lazor Sharp

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 353 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 09:33 AM

"You often hear, and it's already been said in this thread, "Well, join a group (and everything will magically get better)". The people saying this just don't get it, 90% of the population ARE NOT INTERESTED. They aren't,....get used to it....it'sn not gonna change...not ever."

NO I do not get it.... why do we have so many anti social, anti teamwork, anti anything team, in this TEAM BASED Game, why are their so many Selfish ppl that just cant play with a team as a team. and got to have their way, and be solo, rambo, stray cats in every f'in mode....... It is this mind set that just ruin's what this game could be and needs to be....!!!!

We need more units that can field 12 mans regularly and play as a team, and they need a place to play Too.....

Or we should just give up on unit play in all MWO modes, and make all modes solo, rambo, moron modes. and let the real 12 man teams play outside of MWO in the NBT leagues as they are doing now..... So the solo, rambo, moron, stray cat, baby seals can have MWO all to their selfish selves........

#42 MerryIguana

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 627 posts
  • LocationLurksville

Posted 28 December 2015 - 09:39 AM

View PostLazor Sharp, on 28 December 2015 - 09:33 AM, said:

baby seals

#43 Ezekeel666

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 09:43 AM

View PostJun Watarase, on 28 December 2015 - 03:58 AM, said:

Posted Image

It is funny because it is true. Premade group players in this game have the smallest balls I have ever seen on any self-proclaimed 'competetive gamer'.

#44 Weeny Machine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,014 posts
  • LocationAiming for the flat top (B. Murray)

Posted 28 December 2015 - 09:48 AM

View PostMister D, on 28 December 2015 - 04:19 AM, said:

Groups should be reserved for playing other groups, period.

If there are no opposing groups for the MM to play them against, I guess there isn't much that can be done and it would have to forward the game against random pubdrop players.

But honestly, I can't imagine it being any fun at all what they're doing.

Its just trolling, and farming as far as I'm concerned.

And whats worse, is crap like this, has to be a huge turnoff for new players.
Its not even a learning experience for new players, more likely than not it just drives them away from what is actually a pretty fun game mode alternative to Nascar Racing pugland.

Some replies here crack me up (not the one I quoted).

I know what would happen if premades were seperated from PUGs in MWO: the wannabe pros would stop playing and the queue would die. Just face it: some people want to have it as easy mode as possible.

Proof?
1. Russ posted 2-3 months ago that premades were trying to avoid each other
2. Just look at WoW: Premades on the board acted like you "we want just teamwork and a challenge. We do not want to farm pugs". End of the story was that once rated battlegrounds were introduced the premade queue was dead,

Sure, some people really want a challenge. However, the majority for sure wants easy victories to stroke their epeens.

View Postkesmai, on 28 December 2015 - 02:27 AM, said:

100 pts.

100 pts.

you are telling me you are not able to score 100 pts in a cw match,because of premades?
thats pathetic.

I think it is rather a question if it is fun

Edited by Bush Hopper, 28 December 2015 - 10:00 AM.

#45 CDLord HHGD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 28 December 2015 - 09:52 AM

View PostBush Hopper, on 28 December 2015 - 09:48 AM, said:

I know what would happen if premades were seperated from PUGs in MWO: the wannabe pros would stop playing and the queue would die. Just face it: some people want to have it as easy mode as possible.

Proof?
2. Just look at WoW: Premades on the board acted like you "we want just teamwork and a challenge. We do not want to farm pugs". End of the story was that once rated battlegrounds were introduced the premade queue was dead,

Sure, some people really want a challenge. However, the majority for sure wants easy victories to stroke their epeens.

Yeah, I have had several comp players come to me on other discussions stating they only use the "meta" to prove how broken it is yet not a single one of them took me up on my offer to "show me the light" or join me in a non-meta match or two. They don't care, they don't want competition. They want to club baby seals. Until proven otherwise, that's the plain truth.

#46 Jun Watarase

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 09:56 AM

View PostBush Hopper, on 28 December 2015 - 09:48 AM, said:

Proof?

We already got the proof years ago when PGI introduced the group queue and certain players/units refused to touch it and resorted to sync dropping against randoms so that they could end up with a 8 man vs randoms (which was precisely what PGI disallowed in that patch).

View Postcdlord, on 28 December 2015 - 09:52 AM, said:

Yeah, I have had several comp players come to me on other discussions stating they only use the "meta" to prove how broken it is yet not a single one of them took me up on my offer to "show me the light" or join me in a non-meta match or two. They don't care, they don't want competition. They want to club baby seals. Until proven otherwise, that's the plain truth.

Yea, abusing meta totally helps contribute to game development. Which was why the blackjack was buffed, because it was underpowered and PGI took feedback from all the meta players seriously. Oh wait.

Posted Image

Also for all the players claiming units are so much better in teamwork, please explain why i keep seeing some units refuse to communicate with the rest of the team and just run off to do their own thing. The other day i was on a pug team where i called out enemy movement in D3 and multiple friendlies immediately moved to intercept. And then i've been on teams with players from famous units that just sit there, make no attempt to move at all, and let the rest on the team defending that area die before swooping in to mop up the damaged enemy mechs.

I've seen some players from units with great teamwork that resulted in our pug team beating teams comprised mostly or entirely of decent units and a lot that fail to show basic teamwork skills if they aren't on a team primarily made up of their own unit members. I've ended up as a solo player on teams with a 8-11 man that make no attempt to communicate with the rest of the team and simply would not respond if anyone tried to communicate with them. I've been in games where half the timer is up and we are still in the first wave because my team, which is mostly made up of players from units, are camping at the gate poking ineffectively and won't respond to teamchat. I've played against 12 mans that can barely beat (or actually lose to) a full pug team even though they run full meta drop decks because they couldn't even stick together most of the time and most of them just facetank everything.

I've overheated infront of an assault and heavy from a 12 man, and survived to power up and kill them both, because not only were they shooting my arms instead of my CT...they were each shooting different arms.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Wish i had taken a screenshot of the vitric force game when our team was regrouping at the right gate, and our 4 man charged through the left gate by themselves and into the omega area, where the entire enemy team was waiting there, without responding to our calls to regroup at the right gate.

Edited by Jun Watarase, 28 December 2015 - 10:31 AM.

#47 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 28 December 2015 - 10:10 AM

View PostLazor Sharp, on 28 December 2015 - 09:33 AM, said:

"You often hear, and it's already been said in this thread, "Well, join a group (and everything will magically get better)". The people saying this just don't get it, 90% of the population ARE NOT INTERESTED. They aren't,....get used to it....it'sn not gonna change...not ever."

NO I do not get it.... why do we have so many anti social, anti teamwork, anti anything team, in this TEAM BASED Game, why are their so many Selfish ppl that just cant play with a team as a team. and got to have their way, and be solo, rambo, stray cats in every f'in mode....... It is this mind set that just ruin's what this game could be and needs to be....!!!!

We need more units that can field 12 mans regularly and play as a team, and they need a place to play Too.....

Or we should just give up on unit play in all MWO modes, and make all modes solo, rambo, moron modes. and let the real 12 man teams play outside of MWO in the NBT leagues as they are doing now..... So the solo, rambo, moron, stray cat, baby seals can have MWO all to their selfish selves........

The honest answer:

Most solo players never wanted to socialize or play with others. They wanted a stompy robot game to have fun with on their own.

Not everyone wants, or needs to compete against or play with real people and believe people in general suck.

They are here to get their stompy robot fix the only way they can at the moment. That means putting up with the rest of us to do it.

That's the honest answer.

Edited by Kjudoon, 28 December 2015 - 10:11 AM.

#48 Lazor Sharp

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 353 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 10:20 AM

Kjudoon,

This is why i have stated elsewhere, that about 50% of MWO's player base will go play PvE when it gets here, and never come back to PvP

As far as i am concerned, PvE cant get here soon enough, so these anti social ppl have a place to play, and the Team Players will be left with other Team Players to play with....... May not be many left, but better than playing with stray cats and anti team players who don't give a s*** about playing a team game, as a Team.....

Edited by Lazor Sharp, 28 December 2015 - 10:24 AM.

#49 Tyler Valentine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Corporal
  • 1,472 posts
  • LocationChandler, Arizona

Posted 28 December 2015 - 10:22 AM

View PostGreenduck, on 28 December 2015 - 01:17 AM, said:

Hey now,

My unit gives the Pugs at least 2 waves of straight up short range brawling action. SWOL purposely tries to make matches at a minimum of 48-24 so people get their points and we don't break anyone from wanting to continue with the game.

We feel bad if we just play meta peeky pokey with new players on trials all day and just make the score as lopsided as possible.

Great game against you guys last night. Had fun even in a loss <o

#50 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 28 December 2015 - 10:23 AM

Depending on how they fix CW, I'm all for PvE solo or PvE Co-Op like I play on DCUO. If they do a good job or the rewards for events are significant, I'd probably come visit them, or at least hold minimum activity level for my unit.

Otherwise, yeah, not interested in PvP. Never have been, and even less so now. But it's all I got.

#51 CDLord HHGD

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 28 December 2015 - 10:34 AM

View PostKjudoon, on 28 December 2015 - 10:23 AM, said:

Depending on how they fix CW, I'm all for PvE solo or PvE Co-Op like I play on DCUO. If they do a good job or the rewards for events are significant, I'd probably come visit them, or at least hold minimum activity level for my unit.

Otherwise, yeah, not interested in PvP. Never have been, and even less so now. But it's all I got.

I'm not a big fan of PvP and I abhore FPS games. Only reason I am here is because Mechwarrior. I hope that eventually PvP will be balanced out or there will be more modes suited to my playstyle. When PvE hits, I'll take a long hard look at it. When the new Battletech game hits, I'll be there too.

#52 Weeny Machine

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,014 posts
  • LocationAiming for the flat top (B. Murray)

Posted 28 December 2015 - 10:34 AM

View PostLazor Sharp, on 28 December 2015 - 10:20 AM, said:

Kjudoon,

This is why i have stated elsewhere, that about 50% of MWO's player base will go play PvE when it gets here, and never come back to PvP

As far as i am concerned, PvE cant get here soon enough, so these anti social ppl have a place to play, and the Team Players will be left with other Team Players to play with....... May not be many left, but better than playing with stray cats and anti team players who don't give a s*** about playing a team game, as a Team.....

You think people are anti-social? Sorry, but you seem to quote from a textbook of a unit which is in the midst of puperty.
There are myriad of reasons why people do not want play competetively. It is a game after all, then there are RL obligations and you cannot switch in and out of teams or annoy someone etc.

In my case I play with a small unit. We are close friends in *gasp* rl. We have fathers and mothers in there with young kids. No one of us minds if someone is going afk in the middle of a CW or won't drop with us because the kid cries and needs attention. Now I wonder who is more anti-social. My small group of friends or you with your host of "internet friends".

Edited by Bush Hopper, 28 December 2015 - 10:37 AM.

#53 Sadist Cain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 605 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 10:35 AM

View PostKjudoon, on 28 December 2015 - 06:34 AM, said:

I believe the spelling he was looking for was "paltry".

Then it makes sense without the hillarity but enhanced accuracy. Posted Image

Eet moar chikin.

Dem sneaky spellchecks and typos ;)

Posted Image

^^^ Added Hillarity :P

#54 Ultimax

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,979 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 10:43 AM

View PostKjudoon, on 28 December 2015 - 10:10 AM, said:

The honest answer:

Most solo players never wanted to socialize or play with others. They wanted a stompy robot game to have fun with on their own.

Not everyone wants, or needs to compete against or play with real people and believe people in general suck.

They are here to get their stompy robot fix the only way they can at the moment. That means putting up with the rest of us to do it.

That's the honest answer.

There is a solo queue public game mode for them that has a matchmaking system based on PSR.

They have no business going to the pre-made & unit focused game mode where there is no match making, taking trial mechs and bad drop decks, not working as a real team and then when they get steamrolled all night long - complain about it.

Not every mode in every game needs to cater to everyone.

#55 Jownz

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 27 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 28 December 2015 - 10:45 AM

CW is 12 man pre made teams. If your not doing that, your doing it wrong!

#56 MerryIguana

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 627 posts
  • LocationLurksville

Posted 28 December 2015 - 10:45 AM

View PostBush Hopper, on 28 December 2015 - 10:34 AM, said:

In my case I play with a small unit.

Didnt you hear? Small units dont count. They are just selfish.

#57 Lazor Sharp

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 353 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 10:53 AM

Bush Hopper,

I get, and understand a lot of the reasons, RL and all, as stated in here, in many, many places, but so many ppl just refusing to even be in a larger unit, that can field 12 mans regularly, that would help new players and older players so they don't get stomped all the time, would make a so much better game for them, to me is total BS when this is a TEAM BASED GAME
I have made RL friends from playing mwo and NBT, etc....

Clan Lone Wolf is as casual a unit as there is, we are not playing competitively, but can still hold our own with some of the bigger units most of the time.......... and because we play together regular, we can coordinate better than pugs, and do much better because of that. that is the whole point of playing a TEAM GAME..... playing as a TEAM......not solo rambo pugs.......

Edited by Lazor Sharp, 28 December 2015 - 11:04 AM.

#58 Coolant

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,079 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 28 December 2015 - 10:57 AM

Have to agree with OP, too many 8-12 man's run up the score, and run players right out playing Faction Play. Then they have the ego to say, "ggclose" (yes the kiddies still do it).

Why not break up into 4-man's or 6's? If u have a large unit spread out ur forces over all the planets.

And SWOL will keep u accountable to that 48-24. Its honorable that u do that and much respect, but now that u said it publicly u are publicly held accountable to it.

#59 Ultimax

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,979 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 11:00 AM

View PostMerryIguana, on 28 December 2015 - 10:45 AM, said:

Didnt you hear? Small units dont count. They are just selfish.

Who said Small Units don't count?

There are several big hubs of activity for various factions - a small unit can go and join other small units or help medium sized units fill and put together 12 mans.

Suddenly you have the best of both worlds, you are in your small unit and you are coordinating as part of a larger team.

That is EXACTLY what every huge unit out there basically has.

Units with 300+ members do not have amazing cohesion where everyone knows everyone else.

What they tend to have are handfuls of veterans and leaders who can keep the rest of the team focused on a target, make strategy calls, etc.

What they also have is a willingness to work with others on a large scale - which is basically the driving premise of CW as a whole.

So you'd be putting yourself on more even footing vs. them by linking up and making alliances - yet you still get to keep your small unit identity.

Edited by Ultimatum X, 28 December 2015 - 11:01 AM.

#60 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 28 December 2015 - 11:04 AM

View PostUltimatum X, on 28 December 2015 - 10:43 AM, said:

There is a solo queue public game mode for them that has a matchmaking system based on PSR.

They have no business going to the pre-made & unit focused game mode where there is no match making, taking trial mechs and bad drop decks, not working as a real team and then when they get steamrolled all night long - complain about it.

Not every mode in every game needs to cater to everyone.

That's not a real game mode. It's a demo.

Also, that is why my unit when we do start steamrolling a bunch of pugs offer help and assistance to them in the form of teaching them the game because it's not good for the game, builds good will, gives us better pilots in the long run and can be lots of fun.

If they'll accept it that is. So far, nobody's turned it down. I guess it's from not offering it with condescension and belittlement. You don't learn to play CW by staying in the solo queue and you can't learn it getting roflstomped by the cowardly seal clubbers in the group queue. The skills are not precisely transferrable.

But if you want some sort of incestuous solaris hardcore epeenfest, hey, keep being a jerk about it. You'll have it till the servers shut down. You and the other handful that made the game a disaster to play in by thinking it's your house to rule.

Consider this: competitive tryhards and organized teams are the smallest but loudest minority in the game. That's a known statistic. Maybe we need to stop letting them have a say in how this game is developed instead of giving them global tournaments and input into how the game works and other toys.

Sorry, but that's just a harsh truth.

Enter the "no it's not freakout" in 3...2...1...

Edited by Kjudoon, 28 December 2015 - 11:05 AM.

26 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 26 guests, 0 anonymous users