110 replies to this topic

#61 Ultimax

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,979 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 11:08 AM

View PostKjudoon, on 28 December 2015 - 11:04 AM, said:

That's not a real game mode. It's a demo.

Also, that is why my unit when we do start steamrolling a bunch of pugs offer help and assistance to them in the form of teaching them the game because it's not good for the game, builds good will, gives us better pilots in the long run and can be lots of fun.

If they'll accept it that is. So far, nobody's turned it down. I guess it's from not offering it with condescension and belittlement. You don't learn to play CW by staying in the solo queue and you can't learn it getting roflstomped by the cowardly seal clubbers in the group queue. The skills are not precisely transferrable.

But if you want some sort of incestuous solaris hardcore epeenfest, hey, keep being a jerk about it. You'll have it till the servers shut down. You and the other handful that made the game a disaster to play in by thinking it's your house to rule.

Consider this: competitive tryhards and organized teams are the smallest but loudest minority in the game. That's a known statistic. Maybe we need to stop letting them have a say in how this game is developed instead of giving them global tournaments and input into how the game works and other toys.

Sorry, but that's just a harsh truth.

Enter the "no it's not freakout" in 3...2...1...

So basically you take solo rambos and make them play as a team, i.e. the entire premise of CW.

No one has a problem with that dude, people have a problem with players that don't want to play as a team player, who bring trial mechs, have no clue what they are doing and when they lose they complain about the mode.

#62 Coolant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,079 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 28 December 2015 - 11:11 AM

Rubbish...if the game allows for less then u can't claim it is only for 12 man's. Not all units can field 12 and some like it that way.

#63 Lazor Sharp

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 353 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 11:14 AM

I dont know, i rarely see the tryhards belittling others.... i know it happens, but i just don't see any of it, and CLW don't do that.... and we have gained a few players that were just plugging and soloing, with no idea how to really play as a team, and now they are much better players.....

#64 Ezekeel666

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 11:16 AM

View PostKjudoon, on 28 December 2015 - 10:10 AM, said:

The honest answer:

Most solo players never wanted to socialize or play with others. They wanted a stompy robot game to have fun with on their own.

Not everyone wants, or needs to compete against or play with real people and believe people in general suck.

They are here to get their stompy robot fix the only way they can at the moment. That means putting up with the rest of us to do it.

That's the honest answer.

That is not it, at least not for me. It is the simple fact that organizing a group takes time and effort. Casual players just want to jump into the game and play a couple of games and not waste any amount of their limited free time on that. Maybe if the LFG tool would actually be useful and make it more convenient for players to find a group this would be different.

#65 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 28 December 2015 - 11:25 AM

View PostMister D, on 28 December 2015 - 01:13 AM, said:

Thanks all you guys putting 12 man premade teams in CW during the event.

Thanks for stripping away any possible fun there might be in playing CW to achieve the points we need to do the event.

Its great that you guys are farming the crap out of mixed pub players and trial mechs.

Way to go, way to be *******.

Bloody ******* hell! <smh>

I drop solo and only solo since the very beginning and yet you do not hear me complain about people organizing for better teamwork. CW focused on what MWO should be focusing on: teamwork! And you are complaining about that?!!! <davsmh*>

(davsmh: disgustingly and vigorously shaking my head)

View PostRestosIII, on 28 December 2015 - 01:17 AM, said:

You're... Complaining about teamwork? I feel like we're starting to run out of things to complain about at this point.

It's a complaint as old as closed beta -- in a team-oriented game no less. <davsmh>

View PostThomasMarik, on 28 December 2015 - 01:21 AM, said:

Tier 1 tears. Delicious.

OMFG! I did not even notice at first.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#66 zudukai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Trinary Star Captain
  • Trinary Star Captain
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 11:29 AM

View PostRestosIII, on 28 December 2015 - 01:17 AM, said:

You're... Complaining about teamwork? I feel like we're starting to run out of things to complain about at this point.

LOLOLOLOL

+1, no... +10...

no... +100

#67 Mystere

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 28 December 2015 - 11:37 AM

View PostRevisSortek, on 28 December 2015 - 01:49 AM, said:

PGI needs to address the issue of no MM in CW, there needs to be some other kind of filter in place if the seals can get in the water with the sharks.

The only solution to this should be better and more imaginative game modes, not some artificial matchmaking algorithm (that don't seem to work very well anyway if the public queues are to be used as example).

View PostRevisSortek, on 28 December 2015 - 01:49 AM, said:

It doesnt matter how many times you tell them NO, if they can go for a swim they will. Seals love the water.

Darwin's ideas need to be reinforced and absolutely not denied in this particular instance. Seal population is bursting partly because their primary predators -- sharks -- are being brought to extinction by utterly selfish humans who catch them, cut off their fins, and then throw them back into the ocean.

I say throw into the ocean those same fishers and let them face their "catch" in their natural habitat and see what happens. The same goes for those hunting for sport. Posted Image

Oh! We're talking about MWO ...

Edited by Mystere, 28 December 2015 - 11:38 AM.

#68 Zoid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 518 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 11:39 AM

View PostMister D, on 28 December 2015 - 01:43 AM, said:

Ok to put this into perspective.

After doing CW games tonight just to have fun and get some reward points for the event.

Getting 10-12 premade teams over and over, and being stomped 48-8, 48-12, 48-3, ok..

Thats what I'm dealing with here, and Its infuriating, What is the point in directing a team that can't even get a single kill, and after the first wave blows right through them, gets spawn camped and seperated so we can't even form up.

Its one thing to have teamwork, but when its just farming and trolling new players like this, its just shameful.

I'm to the point where I just don't give a **** when I see a 12 man premade, because no matter how hard I carry or try to direct these players it doesn't mean anything, and its just a nubfest stomp regardless.

If you're getting stomped 48-3 then something is horribly, horribly wrong with your team. No amount of premade teamwork should make you lose THAT badly.

#69 Mystere

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 28 December 2015 - 11:51 AM

View Postjaxjace, on 28 December 2015 - 02:05 AM, said:

This is why there needs to be a hardlock hoop to jump through, NO cw if you dont have more than 1.5K games under your belt.

The warning is enough. Beyond that, it's either swim well or be shark food.

And by the way, the OP is T1. He should be very much aware of the deal.

Edited by Mystere, 28 December 2015 - 11:54 AM.

#70 Hotthedd

• The People's Hero
  • 3,213 posts
  • LocationDixie

Posted 28 December 2015 - 12:07 PM

As far as I can tell, CW does not affect your tier at all. You get to Tier 1 by dropping in the Quick Match queue, so, conceivably a Tier 1 player could be a complete novice at CW. Just saying.

#71 Mystere

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 28 December 2015 - 12:12 PM

View PostTLBFestus, on 28 December 2015 - 09:05 AM, said:

Mostly though, it's the design that kills it. The maps are designed in such a way that it's not necessary to create kill zones in response to the enemy, PGI set it up so that the choke points are fixed and there's no need to go anywhere else.

Then in Hades's name let's have more CW game modes and maps beyond attack/defend. Variety and depth are the problem and not necessarily what exists now. Let's have those in CW.

Also, bases should have choke points. If not, the person who designed them should be placed against the wall and shot by a PPC firing squad.

View PostHotthedd, on 28 December 2015 - 12:07 PM, said:

As far as I can tell, CW does not affect your tier at all. You get to Tier 1 by dropping in the Quick Match queue, so, conceivably a Tier 1 player could be a complete novice at CW. Just saying.

We are assuming that a T1 player is cognizant of teamwork and it's implications in CW. It is not a bad assumption at all to make.

Edited by Mystere, 28 December 2015 - 12:12 PM.

#72 TWIAFU

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 28 December 2015 - 12:14 PM

Thanks for stripping away any possible fun there might be in playing CW to achieve the points we need to do the event.

Its great that you guys are farming the crap out of mixed pub players and trial mechs.

Yes, 12mans are the debil playing in the game mode that was primarily designed for them.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by TWIAFU, 28 December 2015 - 12:19 PM.

#73 Weeny Machine

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,014 posts
  • LocationAiming for the flat top (B. Murray)

Posted 28 December 2015 - 12:48 PM

View PostLazor Sharp, on 28 December 2015 - 10:53 AM, said:

Bush Hopper,

I get, and understand a lot of the reasons, RL and all, as stated in here, in many, many places, but so many ppl just refusing to even be in a larger unit, that can field 12 mans regularly, that would help new players and older players so they don't get stomped all the time, would make a so much better game for them, to me is total BS when this is a TEAM BASED GAME
I have made RL friends from playing mwo and NBT, etc....

Clan Lone Wolf is as casual a unit as there is, we are not playing competitively, but can still hold our own with some of the bigger units most of the time.......... and because we play together regular, we can coordinate better than pugs, and do much better because of that. that is the whole point of playing a TEAM GAME..... playing as a TEAM......not solo rambo pugs.......

Neverthless this gives you NO right to insult them by calling them anti-social because you are simply dead wrong about it.

As for "better gameplay". At the Tukayyid challenge the pugs often tried to communicate. Of course it was not on a level of a 12 men but it was teamplay nevertheless. Also logical that you have now and then a Rambo in your team who dies alone and quickly.
However, the biggest fun was when it was PuG vs PuG or small units mixed with PuGs. The horrible games were the ones with the 12 men.

But one last thing: it is amusing that you try to force people to play the game you want to have it. For the reason I mentioned in my previous note but also because 12 men are the minority as well AND that you "CW-is-only-about-units-so-stay-the-****-out"-dudes wouldn't be really able to play without the anti-social people you so detest. Now, isn't that irony but also were wrong in itself?

#74 Idealsuspect

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 01:02 PM

View PostMister D, on 28 December 2015 - 04:19 AM, said:

Groups should be reserved for playing other groups, period.

If there are no opposing groups for the MM to play them against, I guess there isn't much that can be done and it would have to forward the game against random pubdrop players.

But honestly, I can't imagine it being any fun at all what they're doing.

Its just trolling, and farming as far as I'm concerned.

And whats worse, is crap like this, has to be a huge turnoff for new players.
Its not even a learning experience for new players, more likely than not it just drives them away from what is actually a pretty fun game mode alternative to Nascar Racing pugland.

Its PGI man ...
And when some people said " CW is designed for unit or premade " maybe they dont play the same game than me...
In CW i see only specific maps, which we play same way after and after matchs.. like the regulars maps in fact.
In CW i don't see anything designed for the unit, oh yea maybe the coffers ok you can put money in yours coffers ok fine :).

Funny thing is when people told you " your team doesn't do enough teamwork " of course becose it wasn't a team but just a bunch of pugs facing a premade on TS with some people who will play narc role for theirs lrms ( even bad players feel them usefull this way ).

The thing is if PGI didn't design CW for Pugs, small groups or solo ok fine just disallow them the right to play this mode... coze it make the news players just left the game ( well a game with 10 maps no of course it can't be boring)

Oh one thing there isn't another steam playerbase just one and they will not stay if game stay as it was one year ago when CW beta 1 was release :) anyway i have fun and CW is ez alone or in group.... ( but isnt fun when i am with a premade facing a total pugs team maybe i am strange :) )

#75 Ultimax

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,979 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 01:05 PM

View PostCoolant, on 28 December 2015 - 11:11 AM, said:

Rubbish...if the game allows for less then u can't claim it is only for 12 man's. Not all units can field 12 and some like it that way.

Its not only for 12 mans.

Its for teams, the focus is on units and teams.

Anyone is welcome to drop solo, PUG it all night - get steamrolled if that's your thing.

Crying about losing as a solo PUG in a TEAM FOCUSED MODE is the problem, its the ridiculous sense of entitlement that every mode should cater to this type of player.

Don't like losing to teams? There are options beyond whining.

Edited by Ultimatum X, 28 December 2015 - 01:05 PM.

#76 TLBFestus

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,519 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 01:06 PM

View PostLazor Sharp, on 28 December 2015 - 09:33 AM, said:

"You often hear, and it's already been said in this thread, "Well, join a group (and everything will magically get better)". The people saying this just don't get it, 90% of the population ARE NOT INTERESTED. They aren't,....get used to it....it'sn not gonna change...not ever."

NO I do not get it.... why do we have so many anti social, anti teamwork, anti anything team, in this TEAM BASED Game, why are their so many Selfish ppl that just cant play with a team as a team. and got to have their way, and be solo, rambo, stray cats in every f'in mode....... It is this mind set that just ruin's what this game could be and needs to be....!!!!

We need more units that can field 12 mans regularly and play as a team, and they need a place to play Too.....

Or we should just give up on unit play in all MWO modes, and make all modes solo, rambo, moron modes. and let the real 12 man teams play outside of MWO in the NBT leagues as they are doing now..... So the solo, rambo, moron, stray cat, baby seals can have MWO all to their selfish selves........

Andddd I rest my case.

View PostUltimatum X, on 28 December 2015 - 10:43 AM, said:

There is a solo queue public game mode for them that has a matchmaking system based on PSR.

They have no business going to the pre-made & unit focused game mode where there is no match making, taking trial mechs and bad drop decks, not working as a real team and then when they get steamrolled all night long - complain about it.

Not every mode in every game needs to cater to everyone.

True....but as i pointed out the population is too small to support all these modes. The CW diehards complain about not enough players, not enough teamwork, etc., but the real root of the problem is the small player base.

IF this game had 10x the population it would begin to have the numbers to support the current incarnation of CW, but that is never going to happen.

So, you either put up with pugs in CW who won't stick around, or CW gets changed to appeal to the PUGs and the try-hards get all bent out of shape.

I'm wondering who PGI will listen to, the 90% of the population that isn't in a group or the 10% that is?

Edited by TLBFestus, 28 December 2015 - 01:21 PM.

#77 DAYLEET

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 28 December 2015 - 01:18 PM

Half the steam newbies i spectate play Faction Play, at least 2 chosed a faction randomly before my eyes because asked to(they didnt even read them). Maybe the name is too alluring, it should be renamed to Dont Play This ****, It Wont Be Ready For Another 3 Year.

#78 Lazor Sharp

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 353 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 01:24 PM

I call ppl like Kjudoon anti social, because they would much rather play PvE against AI and generally think most other ppl are pieces of S*** and we seem to have way to many with this mind set in a TEAM BASED GAME.

I find playing with other ppl way more fun than Soloing or playing against AI, That said, i would love to play Campaign missions and or coop..... but will always play PvP to have fun with my buddy's in my unit.....

#79 Lazor Sharp

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 353 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 01:32 PM

Rest your Case, LOL because you had NO CASE.... TEAM BASED GAME don't you get it, TEAM GAME, not a Solo Rambo Stray Cat GAME

The only valid point you make is the Low player Base...... and that is sad, if most new players joined a meduim size unit and learn how to play as a team first thing, we would have more player retention, and less baby seals, vs having newbies try to SOLO, and rage quit first thing......

Edited by Lazor Sharp, 28 December 2015 - 02:14 PM.

#80 Aresye

• Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 01:33 PM

Meanwhile I'm over here on the IS side, winning the majority of matches against large groups because I'm carrying a dropdeck filled with as many super quirked mechs as possible. I'm literally 60t under the max drop weight and pulling 3500-4500dmg games on a regular basis.

The way I look at it, if you're gonna do solo CW, you may as well do it on the side that has mechs you can actually clutch games with.

51 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 51 guests, 0 anonymous users