Russ Claims To Be Working On Doing Something About The Big Merc Units.

Balance

522 replies to this topic

#521 Oderint dum Metuant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,758 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 16 January 2016 - 01:01 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 16 January 2016 - 12:44 PM, said:

The only thing anyone did to "farm noobs" was press the drop button. They dropped to attack or defend a world, same as the noob's did. They showed up to fight for their faction for the world and the better team won.

That's it. That's all. Everyone showed up to fight for the planet. One side organized into a team and coordinated, one side didn't so the fight was one sided.

The idea that this is some sort of hunt or the like is not just silly, it's a malicious lie. CW was created as a sort of sandbox where factions fight over worlds. We already had a sheltered environment where matches are about PSR tiers and such.

A learning environment is a good idea. A separate place for people to learn how to play CW well without sandbagging whatever faction they signed up for is good. A place for people to feel involved in CW but still play casual is good too. That inherently means not competing for the same goals however.

You speak too much sense. The 12 man's are purposefully picking to play pugs when they press play, I presume you missed the little check box for that.

#522 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 16 January 2016 - 02:34 PM

View PostDV McKenna, on 16 January 2016 - 01:01 PM, said:

You speak too much sense. The 12 man's are purposefully picking to play pugs when they press play, I presume you missed the little check box for that.

That's what some in these threads would like others to believe. It makes it easier for them to garner support if they paint anyone with tags or in a group as some evil boogeyman set on destroying the game for others.

Same with PGI. It's easier to blame players than it is to take ownership and admit "Our system is screwed up and we have nobody to blame but ourselves"

3 years ago starting with ghost heat, many said, don't start using band-aids like this
Then 2 years to develop a new GUI
Then statements like "$250k to make one map"

The imbalances you see in MWO aren't created by players. They're created through poor Q&A practices.

Think not?

Then explain to me how a map makes it through Q&A when one of the spawn points, quite literally exactly where you start, you have to move in very specific directions because you START hung up on a rock you can't walk over?

Yes PGI is a small company. A small multi-million dollar company that does nothing BUT develop MWO.

Some of us are just flat out tired of being PGI's whipping boy and the community's scapegoat.

We'll happily "keep to ourselves" in the tagged queue, but I'm going to point this kind of crap out every single time I see a Q regarding things like
wait times
roflstomps
pugs getting thumped on

because just like with the public queues, none of that stopped when they separated queues. Just like then, they're really doing nothing but losing their scapegoat. Once PGI loses that, that's when you see community meltdowns because then players slowly start to realize that it was the same scapegoat used 3 years ago and it didn't fix any of the issues.

Keep using scapegoats and band-aids though. I've stated several times that this change, it doesn't affect the unit queue. It's quite simply just going to force PGI to either do their jobs and develop ways to help new players and such. It's simply going to take away that scapegoat.

You guys in the tagless queue just remember, those "evil tagged players" tried to help. We did. We've done everything we can to try and prevent it. You'll have nobody to blame but yourselves and PGI at that point.

Well until they come up with a new whipping boy and scapegoat that is.

#523 B0oN

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 03:42 AM

Breaking news at 1 past 12 :
MW:O forum White-knights took up their lances to ride in help of the defenseless steam-newcomers .
Resounding success awaited in 54 hours and 18 minutes ...

#whiteknightsspottedevolving

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users