Cockpit

17 replies to this topic

#1 Ringmaster

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • 6 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 07 January 2016 - 09:48 AM

What's going on guys. I've been looking around for a layout pinpointing the cockpit on mech chassis. I've only been able to find a video on you tube about it and although it's fairly informative, it's pretty dated. If someone could point me in the right direction to where I can get this info, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone, good hunting.

#2 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 07 January 2016 - 09:50 AM

View PostRingmaster, on 07 January 2016 - 09:48 AM, said:

What's going on guys. I've been looking around for a layout pinpointing the cockpit on mech chassis. I've only been able to find a video on you tube about it and although it's fairly informative, it's pretty dated. If someone could point me in the right direction to where I can get this info, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone, good hunting.

As far as I know there's no real good compilation of them. I was just having a convo about this very subject on our TS server the other day. PGI really needs a comprehensive list of the hitbox locations for all mechs that's easy to access and understand.

#3 Gamuray

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 866 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 09:53 AM

I mean, the OLD mechlab used to highlight the location you were editing Posted Image Maybe an optional version of that could be useful... Posted Image

#4 TheCharlatan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 10:10 AM

I think you are looking for this.

#5 Ringmaster

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • 6 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 07 January 2016 - 10:12 AM

Thanks guys. I'll keep lookin around, if I manage to fish anything up I'll post it here.

#6 Sadist Cain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 605 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 10:24 AM

View PostRingmaster, on 07 January 2016 - 10:12 AM, said:

Thanks guys. I'll keep lookin around, if I manage to fish anything up I'll post it here.

View PostTheCharlatan, on 07 January 2016 - 10:10 AM, said:

there ya go :P

#7 Narcissistic Martyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 4,242 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted 07 January 2016 - 10:28 AM

The best solution would be to let you change which mechs you're shooting at in the testing grounds.

#8 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 07 January 2016 - 10:52 AM

View PostNarcissistic Martyr, on 07 January 2016 - 10:28 AM, said:

The best solution would be to let you change which mechs you're shooting at in the testing grounds.

no it isn't
the best solution is PGI to simply put out a list

Do you have any idea how long it would take each player to individually go through every single mech and find every single hitbox designation?

#9 Narcissistic Martyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 4,242 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted 07 January 2016 - 10:54 AM

View PostSandpit, on 07 January 2016 - 10:52 AM, said:

no it isn't

Do you have any idea how long it would take each player to individually go through every single mech and find every single hitbox designation?

Fair enough... it's the solution I want.

I want to be able to systematically take every mech apart and know its every hitbox through shooting them.

#10 Bilbo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 07 January 2016 - 10:56 AM

no it isn't

Well there really isn't any need since we have that list here:

#11 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 07 January 2016 - 11:17 AM

View PostBilbo, on 07 January 2016 - 10:56 AM, said:

Well there really isn't any need since we have that list here:

an out dated list that doesn't include hitbox revisions, recent mech releases, and such is not what I would call a "good" resource of information, especially in this regard.

#12 Bilbo

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 11:36 AM

View PostSandpit, on 07 January 2016 - 11:17 AM, said:

an out dated list that doesn't include hitbox revisions, recent mech releases, and such is not what I would call a "good" resource of information, especially in this regard.

That list was up to date as of Dec. 1 and as far as I could tell contained hitbox revisions through November. In that thread you will find a link to more recent mech releases as well. Russ has said on multiple occasions that you will not get such a list from PGI, so it's the best you are probably ever going to get. If Tamerlin and Taragato quit updating the threads I'm sure some kind hearted soul will continue the work.

#13 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 07 January 2016 - 11:48 AM

View PostBilbo, on 07 January 2016 - 11:36 AM, said:

That list was up to date as of Dec. 1 and as far as I could tell contained hitbox revisions through November. In that thread you will find a link to more recent mech releases as well. Russ has said on multiple occasions that you will not get such a list from PGI, so it's the best you are probably ever going to get. If Tamerlin and Taragato quit updating the threads I'm sure some kind hearted soul will continue the work.

It's a bit ridiculous that you a company is all "secret hush hush" regarding basic player information such as "Shoot them here to hit this location"

(I almost had a snarky response regarding some ancient stretch goals but I'm going to be good lol)

#14 Bilbo

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 11:55 AM

View PostSandpit, on 07 January 2016 - 11:48 AM, said:

It's a bit ridiculous that you a company is all "secret hush hush" regarding basic player information such as "Shoot them here to hit this location"

(I almost had a snarky response regarding some ancient stretch goals but I'm going to be good lol)

I believe his reasoning had more to do with not wanting to tie up resources keeping such a list up to date more than trying to be hush hush. I can't be bothered to find the references though, so it's entirely possible I'm wrong on that account.

#15 Ringmaster

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • 6 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 07 January 2016 - 12:56 PM

Thanks for the link my friend. It may not be 100% perfect, but it's a lot more info than I've gathered so far.

Greatly appreciated.

#16 Dimento Graven

• Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 6,208 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 01:41 PM

On that link, I'm fairly certain that the cockpits are actually smaller on most of the 'mechs.

Been grinding my way through guillotine for a long while now, and have noticed the apparent discrepancy...

#17 Grey Ghost

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 661 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 01:48 PM

OR add a tab in the Mechlab that just shows the damn hitbox of the Mech. With the Mechlab being accessible from the Store, we would be able to see the exact hitboxes of pretty much whatever Mech we wanted.

#18 Dimento Graven

• Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 6,208 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 01:49 PM

View PostGrey Ghost, on 07 January 2016 - 01:48 PM, said:

OR add a tab in the Mechlab that just shows the damn hitbox of the Mech. With the Mechlab being accessible from the Store, we would be able to see the exact hitboxes of pretty much whatever Mech we wanted.
Wow... That's an EXCEPTIONALLY good suggestion.

Kudos.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users