http://www.twitch.tv...r325/v/34082847

#43 Morggo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 670 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC, USA

Posted 07 January 2016 - 10:03 AM

I'll admit occasionally I roll out a MAD build with 3x AC2 ... and it's all sorts of fun on chainfire. :)
The MPL back up for more regular damage but the AC's send people scurrying for cover, much fun!

#44 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 07 January 2016 - 10:11 AM

I really like the fact that I don't have to worry about Ghost Heat now. That Factor took most of the fun out of AC/2s for me since I had to worry about accidentally staggerfiring. It was a pain when I had weapons in 2 separate components and was already firing one while brining the other online... I had to stop shooting, wait for a cooldown, then recommence firing again. Bleh.

Now the AC/2 is much more carefree. It's a fun weapon to use and doesn't require constant worry about staggering by accident.

And I have Maulers... Heheheheheheh. If you thought my XL-Jagers were bad, you'll love my Maulers with 12 tons of ammo, full armor, and a standard engine. I just pick a target and fire until I overheat, cool down, repeat. It feels like a Gauss Chain gun when I fire in salvos.

I like my rapid-fire AC/12.

#45 jss78

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,575 posts
  • LocationHelsinki

Posted 07 January 2016 - 10:15 AM

View PostLouis Brofist, on 07 January 2016 - 04:20 AM, said:

I don't, those were annoying as s*it. Posted Image

I must've started too late -- were these ever really a thing? (beyond trolling, not that there's anything wrong with that)

I'm getting pretty good milage out of a 4xAC/2 2xML Jager-S these days. It's still a bit too situational in Solo queue, but in CW I'm having more consistently good luck with it. It really does fine in that "just behind the firing line" role, and that type of situation is more common in CW due to the linear maps.

My superstock BJ-1 (2xAC/2, 4xML, STD-200) feels just fine in solo queue now, although it really needs those quirks.

#46 Moldur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 10:28 AM

Try 3x lb-2x with cooldown module. use macros or group 2 identical chainfire groups and fire both.

#47 Felio

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 01:28 PM

Huh, my SHD-2H (P) has a purpose for those three ballistic hardpoints?

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...7c333c7eaaba4ae

I took it for another ride, and I only got a couple hundred damage and 2 kills and 5 assists, but the DPS was nice. It doesn't overheat anymore.

#48 Euklides

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 131 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 01:52 PM

I like the ac2's though my liking seem to be limited to actuated arms. Feels like there is too much facetanking involved for unactuated hardpoints, I haven't tried it on anything else than mediums and heavies though.

10 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users