8 replies to this topic

#1 FuzzyNova

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 401 posts
  • LocationComStar Cafeteria

Posted 01 January 2016 - 08:07 AM

So I have been playing MWO for awhile now. I used to play back in 2012 but created a new account about 5 months ago I would say. I have been playing non stop almost everyday I can. Here is the problem. My Tier bar has not moved at all since like the first week I played. Has not moved in either direction and has been stuck at that one spot forever. I had a friend who recently started playing and gets pretty bad PSR rating per match. He is already Tier 4. Can someone send me a link to someone who can help or look into it. Something is wrong. My buddy showed me how his Tier Bar will move depedni g on certain outcomes. My bar has not moved in like 4 mo ghs and I usually always get a good PSR rating. Who knows what Tier I should be by now. Anyone else have this problem? I'm hoping its an easy fix. And for those who will say that this isn't a problem and my tier bar is moving but barely is wrong. No movement whatsoever. I think it's just stuck. Help please.

Edited by Nathaniel Johns, 01 January 2016 - 08:20 AM.

#2 Raubwurst

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,284 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 01 January 2016 - 08:13 AM

What is your avarage MatchScore? Do you have matches with 500+ Matchscore?
Could you post a screenshot of today's bar and of the bar tomorrow/in two days inclusive your game matchscores?

I had a similar problem, right after the tier system got implemented it seemed like it wouldn't go up or down for some time, but then it startet to move after a few weeks. Not sure if it is a bug, or you just don't get that much of an increase in PSR. (depending on your matchscore you can get an different increase amount).

And, most importantly: Use a correct headline -.- Go to your first post -> edit -> use full editor -> topic title

#3 FuzzyNova

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 401 posts
  • LocationComStar Cafeteria

Posted 01 January 2016 - 08:16 AM

Topic title is I need help. Thanks for the awesome feedback

#4 Raubwurst

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,284 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 01 January 2016 - 08:21 AM

Thanks for changing it.

If it is really a bug, you can try to get help from the support:
http://mwomercs.com/support

Although they may need a little time to respond (a lot to do for them).

Edited by Raubwurst, 01 January 2016 - 08:22 AM.

#5 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 01 January 2016 - 08:24 AM

mine did not seem to be moving so I started screenshotting it after every match, it turns out it moves 0-2 pixals depending on if I won or lost, but because of the way I play (light Mechs, try to help the team with scouting, ECM cover, capping to distract the enemy team, and when I was killing Mechs it was usualy by getting behind a heavy/assault and coring them through the usualy 10 or less rear armor) I was rarely pulling in high damage, so I was not moving much.
since then I have tried piloting a variety of Mechs with less time spent in my Spiders (the Mechs I prefer) and have been slowly but steadily gaining points

#6 Eaerie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 250 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 08:53 AM

i would also ask what tier are you currently?
If you are already tier 2 or 3 then it isn't going to move very fast at all even on good matches, though i suppose a tier 5 would move a little quicker if you consistently rack up great scores in matches.

#7 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 01 January 2016 - 09:08 AM

How much it moves depends on how well you do in matches. What match scores are you getting on wins? On losses?

#8 Vlad Striker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,414 posts
  • LocationOld Forest Colony

Posted 01 January 2016 - 04:20 PM

Tier advansing depends on win/loss ratio.

#9 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 01 January 2016 - 04:23 PM

View PostVlad Striker, on 01 January 2016 - 04:20 PM, said:

Tier advansing depends on win/loss ratio.

Well, it also depends on performance. If you win roughly 50% or more, you'll go up, but how fast you go up depends more on your own performance. If you perform bad, even if you win a lot, it'll go up extremely slowly, whereas if you do well, it'll go up much faster. Particularly if you do reasonably well in losses, so you rarely if ever actually lose rating.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users