Ill Tell You Why Clanwars Is Dead, And Will Never Take Off.

949 replies to this topic

#941 Adamski

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,071 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 13 January 2016 - 12:42 PM

View PostSandpit, on 13 January 2016 - 10:33 AM, said:

Know a simple fix for that?
Lock players into a choice for that season of CW.
IS or Clan
one or the other. You can switch factions within that saide, but no jumping from IS to clan or vice versa during that season of CW.
Problem completely solved.
Easily
Without any major reworking of any system.

I think my suggestion is better.
Yours also doesn't solve the issue really. All the bigger units will do is break down into smaller groups.
The really big units have no issue doling out hundreds of million cbills either.

Locking players into a faction for a season does nothing to encourage players to spread out, so that will leave players simply waiting a week into each season to see where the big units go before they lock into the same faction.

#942 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 13 January 2016 - 12:53 PM

View PostAdamski, on 13 January 2016 - 12:42 PM, said:

Locking players into a faction for a season does nothing to encourage players to spread out, so that will leave players simply waiting a week into each season to see where the big units go before they lock into the same faction.

who said faction?
jump faction to faction
just not IS to Clan and back
pick one side or the other

I never mentioned or implied anything about locking players into a specific faction. :)

And if it does cause players to spread around a bit I fail to see how that's a negative in any way. So what if they do? That's not going to be a detriment to CW or the queues.

Guess what, even if they wait a week, that still gives PGI definitive numbers to work with on how to better manage the map to prevent what we have now because you no longer have the issue of large amounts of players switching sides in the middle of trying to balance the map.

It really does solve all of those issues. easily. quickly.

#943 Mechwarrior1441491

• 1,157 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 02:11 PM

Throw bonuses and faction specific content at permanent faction units. only way to make players stick with a faction. Mech variants unique to the factions, a camo each, only used if you still that faction. A stocking type item gain when you kill a member of your factions "nemesis(s)" once per match. They can do a lot to keep people seated at a faction table, but until there is a reason to fight over planets, it will simple be regular que with 4 mechs to drop.

#944 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 13 January 2016 - 02:14 PM

View PostxMADCATTERx, on 13 January 2016 - 02:11 PM, said:

only way to make players stick with a faction.

all the loyalist players and units in the game beg to differ sir

#945 Mechwarrior1441491

• 1,157 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 02:19 PM

If the game wants to drive people to perma faction to create a stable battle map, it needs to focus people in that direction somehow. However they choose to do it. The way they currently do it, which is by closing their eyes and hoping for the best, obviously isn't working. Large units hoping around is a bad thing.

Just because a handful of neckbeards have pride in their faction choice, doesn't mean anything is working as intended.

Edited by xMADCATTERx, 13 January 2016 - 02:19 PM.

#946 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 13 January 2016 - 02:20 PM

View PostxMADCATTERx, on 13 January 2016 - 02:19 PM, said:

If the game wants to drive people to perma faction.

when has PGI or other players ever said or implied this?

Stable map has nothing to do with loyalist units or merc units. It has to do with PGI controlling the attack avenues a bit better and stop letting players flip sides mid-war.

Nowhere is anyone implying they want players herded into perma-factions.

#947 Mechwarrior1441491

• 1,157 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 02:37 PM

They said it when they said there was a problem with all the faction jumping. This has been pointed out a few times. So instead of applying negatives to penalize people, offering rewards to lock people in for a "season" is a good option.

#948 N0MAD

• 1,757 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 05:50 PM

Having a game mechanic like locking a player/group into a faction for the season will not work in MWO, to easily exploited because people can have multiple accounts running.

#949 Johnny Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 13 January 2016 - 06:17 PM

*SPOILER ALERT* Well not really because its already been said but it seems there is going to be a top spot for each faction. Only one in which a single unit can occupy. The rewards can only be guessed at. Everyone else can do the math.

I'm guessing the rewards will be title and rank that can be used for top spots as well as higher pay and other rewards. Something may have been mentioned about a leader board of some sort.

I hope a top 5 players spot is added also! Or something for small units and or solo players!

I request Champion title for top player spot for House Davion! But something cooler maybe to since I havnt put any thought into it at all. Posted Image Shogun for Kurita!

This may be a spoiler alert though. Its almost sure to be retroactive. Posted Image That's how PSR was added was taking faction matches into account retroactively after all.

Heres another spoiler. Its almost certain all the peon guilds/units had no idea it was going to be retroactive but the guilds that have stuck to factions may have already guessed at it.

This isn't a secret it was mentioned in a pod cast or something.

Edited by Johnny Z, 13 January 2016 - 06:33 PM.

#950 pwnface

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 06:33 PM

View PostAlmond Brown, on 13 January 2016 - 11:29 AM, said:

So, if the queues did get Split at some point, that is what you and your 8 friends would do in order to be able to continue Farming Newbs in the new Pug CW queue? Surely not and we would assume other Team would not do that either. So are we making up "issues" that do not yet exist for CW for any particular reason...?

You are being intentionally dense here. I pointed out an obvious problem that will affect your proposed "solution". You wishing or believing that teams won't sync in a solo queue doesn't have any relevance on what would actually happen. If you make a system EASY to abuse, people WILL abuse it. Why the hell wouldn't they? Especially if there are no rules against it.

I'm not making up "issues" that don't exist, I'm pointing out obvious problems to an imaginary "solution" that won't work.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users