- - - - -

Logitech G502Pc Or G602 - Anyone Use These Mice?

6 replies to this topic

#1 T e c h 4 9

• PipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Participant
  • CS 2022 Participant
  • 77 posts
  • LocationBehind you

Posted 02 January 2016 - 06:06 PM

Hello all, relatively new player with a question regarding gaming mice, specifically the Logitech G502 Proteus Core and G602 Wireless mice.

New to (online) PC gaming. Used to play MW2/MW3 on PC and on LAN (local) with a JS+mouse. Prefer JS "feel" over KB, been using my Saitek 290 Pro JS as my throttle/direction and the buttons for different functions. Never had a "gaming" KB or mouse, and currently using a 5-button Logitech M560 (wireless) mouse. I don't care for wired mice either, prefer wireless. I'm not astute enough to notice any lag, or there isn't any to notice.

Anyway, I can't use all 5 buttons on the mouse, as MWO doesn't recognize 2 of them (scroll wheel click-down and one side button). Looking for a mouse that will give me a bit more buttons and some capability to customize, and both the G502/G602 seem like a good choice. I am trying to decide between the two, and looking for input from anyone that owns either one.

Of course, I'm open to other suggestions as well. And no, I do not plan on ditching the joystick, unless I get one of those G13 gameboards to use in place of the KB. KB is just too uncomfortable for me.

Thanks!

#2 valt901

• PipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 90 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 09:04 PM

i have the proteus core and love it. i think it would be a fine mouse to get.

#3 T e c h 4 9

• PipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Participant
  • CS 2022 Participant
  • 77 posts
  • LocationBehind you

Posted 02 January 2016 - 09:12 PM

Are you able to map any key to any function, to include DPI switching? Have you had any issues with mapping or the Logitech software? What is your setup? Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it!

#4 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 03 January 2016 - 01:26 AM

I also use the G502 and have had no problems getting all the buttons recognized, although I did remap a few.

if you are having problems with any of the buttons download the software
http://support.logit...-mouse#download
and remap key assignments for MWO, you can setup separate profiles per game if you want

#5 Modo44

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 01:32 AM

View PostRogue Jedi, on 03 January 2016 - 01:26 AM, said:

you can setup separate profiles per game if you want

It is in fact recommended. You lower the in-game sensitivity to 0.1, and use a mouse profile to adjust cursor speed. That way you get the highest possible aiming precision at whatever speed you like - without changing the mouse's desktop behaviour.

#6 Pisceszero

• PipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 26 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 12:07 PM

I, along with many others in the unit, personal friends, and comp players from other top units use the G502 and give it rave reviews. AAA+ mouse, good build quality, excellent sensor, fits most hands and grip styles, software is easy to use but very capable.

On a personal note, Logitech customer service has always been AWESOME with me, they really stand behind their products (atleast their mice). I can't recommend it enough.

#7 Alekzander Smirnoff

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 427 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 03 January 2016 - 12:24 PM

I've got a G500 wired mouse and swear by it, (had a G5 prior to that and it still works but the wheel has gummed up from skin cells working their way into the mouse), plus the G510 keyboard. I set MWO's mouse sensitivity to 100% and use the DPI buttons to pop from 400 for sniping, 850 for normal combat and 2000 for mech lab. I don't use the wheel button too much but I have it mapped to one of the consumable slots, usually my arty strike so I don't have to drag a hand off the wsad area or mouse. The three side buttons under the thumb are mapped to fire group 3 and 4, the last one is mapped to backspace to activate/deactivate chain fire.

I've heard of people using the sticks for controlling the legs instead of the keyboard and retaining the mouse for aiming, which tends to work pretty well, though I don't have a stick so I can't really comment on that. On a side note I prefer wired equipment since there's no batteries and the wired G series has a weight tray to customize the feel of the mouse, making it light or heavier. I prefer a heavier mouse since I have huge hands.

Overall you can't go wrong with a mouse that has at least 6-7 buttons and on the fly DPI switching. Wired/wireless is totally preferential though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users