• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,686 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 03 January 2016 - 11:08 AM

View PostCathy, on 03 January 2016 - 11:07 AM, said:

Though I have a better idea, lets get rid of clan mechs, no balance issues then

yawn, go anti-post in some other thread.

#23 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 03 January 2016 - 11:08 AM

View Postpbiggz, on 03 January 2016 - 11:06 AM, said:

Is all you do follow imperius around to try to talk him down? You know that doesn't work.

o.O ?

#24 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 03 January 2016 - 11:09 AM

View PostCathy, on 03 January 2016 - 11:05 AM, said:

Not satisfied with the best Heavy in the Game, you now want an assault to emulate it ?

How about a new best heavy instead? :P

Posted Image

#25 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 03 January 2016 - 11:09 AM

View Postpbiggz, on 03 January 2016 - 11:08 AM, said:

yawn, go anti-post in some other thread.

Yawn, lets not talk down the canon, time line just so people can have O.P toys..

#26 Hit the Deck

• 4,677 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 03 January 2016 - 11:12 AM

Not satisfied with the best Heavy in the Game, you now want an assault to emulate it ?

And this one is a BattleMech (a Clan one it is) so it should be more OP!

#27 Oberost

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 11:14 AM

Drink...

#28 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts
  • LocationOn Reddit and Twitter

Posted 03 January 2016 - 11:17 AM

Huh? I play a Gold Dire Wolf currently I'm looking to lose some weight.

View PostCathy, on 03 January 2016 - 11:07 AM, said:

Though I have a better idea, lets get rid of clan mechs, no balance issues then

Actually right now IS would be eliminated just saying.

#29 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 11:24 AM

View PostCathy, on 03 January 2016 - 11:09 AM, said:

Yawn, lets not talk down the canon, time line just so people can have O.P toys..

Nothing in this game is cannon you want cannon go play BATTLETECH. This is an e-sport art shop game, with arcade FPS elements.

#30 pbiggz

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,686 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 03 January 2016 - 11:25 AM

View PostCathy, on 03 January 2016 - 11:09 AM, said:

Again, people using the timeline as an excuse to not implement stuff, be it tech, mechs, or anything else, is a misuse of the timeline.

We're in the clan invasion era, which should be a guide for faction warfare and give a GENERAL IDEA about what mechs and weapons we should have, but we dont even have all the tech for this era. We have all the clan tech and half the IS tech, yet every time i say "put in the rest of the IS tech" someone has a stroke, and whenever anyone says they want their fedcom stuff, you or some other 40 year old davion loyalist comes in here guns blazing to drone strike the **** out of everyone's day like space america, because LRMS ARE THE BEST WEAPON IN THE GAME DAVION 4EVER CLASSIC BATTLETECH KILL TEH HERITIC CLANNERS 3025 HYPE YOU CANT HAVE YOUR THINGS ONLY WE CAN".

This game is in the ******* because bad devs listened to bad players, now we have weapons that dont work, entire missing systems (info warfare anyone?), inverse kinematics? OP, moves the foot slightly, cant have that, knockdowns? No we cant have that either, terrible game modes, terrible maps, we're missing half the tech the IS is supposed to have, no weapon convergence, shoe horned in arbitrary heat scale (oh yes friends, when you whined about hex ppc stalkers, you brought that upon us too). A great deal of our weapons don't even work anymore (ER PPCs, flamers, mguns, lrms, etc), clan mechs are in the *******, the game is being sledgehammer balanced through IS quirks that make is tech objectively superior and still you people whine that the timberwolf is the "best heavy in the game". Have you noticed how easy it is to kill the IIC mechs? You guys were terrified that they would be the greatest mechs ever to hit the game and they go down like they're made of glass. They're terrifically powerful mechs that are half as resilient as their IS counterparts, because despite being the same size, and carrying overnerfed clan weapons (which you say are still OP), they have no structure quirks whatsoever to compensate and terrible hitboxes to boot.

So go on, keep telling us we can't have nice things. You're the reason we can't have nice things.

The timeline is literally meaningless now, accept it.

Edited by pbiggz, 03 January 2016 - 11:26 AM.

#31 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 03 January 2016 - 11:32 AM

View PostFupDup, on 03 January 2016 - 10:58 AM, said:

I'm just puzzled as to how anyone can have so much excitement for something so mediocre. This game isn't just a museum to display and admire art pieces; those "art pieces" also have to fight against other vicious human players to the death in combat. Your mech doesn't look beautiful after it gets ripped apart by a giant alpha strike that it can't avoid...

It's hard to explain to people who don't share the sentiment. I pick all my mechs based on how they look, and then I try to make them work. On this account, I play the Locust, Firestarter, Raven, Cicada, Centurion, Griffin, Cataphract, Catapult, Black Knight, Awesome, Victor and Highlander. And I own and play all variants with some degree of regularity, except the CPLT-A1, because it's too ugly.

Besides, in the pug queue, where I reside, the margins between a fantastic player and an average player aren't really that huge. If you're average, your WLR will be ~1.00. If you're good, maybe 1.50 - 2.0. If you're a fantastic player, I guess your WLR will be somewhere near 3.0 or above. But no matter how good you are, you're still going to get smashed with great regularity, because pugs are gonna pug. And thanks to PGI's horrific damage textures, your mech will look ugly more often than not.

People set plenty of extra goals for themselves. Not only do I choose the prettiest mechs, I also make an effort to avoid the meta builds. I try to use a combination of ballistics, lasers and missiles when possible, on mechs that are supposed to combine them. Some people choose not to use consumables. Some people choose to play mechs that are considered especially underpowered. Some people choose to play the game as if it had role warfare (I used to play RVN-3L with TAG and NARC, untill I got bored with the absurdly low rewards and not actually having much of an impact anyway). Some people even play the Urbanmech with an AC10 or AC20. Some people play stock mechs.

And besides, there's a certain beauty in a good death too. Especially in MWO, where mechs sometimes just stay on their feet or slump over against a building when they die.

Spoiler

View PostFupDup, on 03 January 2016 - 10:58 AM, said:

There are several mechs of the same size or slightly smaller with an equal or greater amount of weapons, though...
---
If you really must have it, I will ask you to make a few promises:
1. It must have no quirks.
2. It must not get any hitbox adjustments after being patched in.
3. You cannot make posts about its viability on the forums.
4. You cannot make posts about people using "non-lore" builds on the mech.
5. Bonus: You get your PSR permanently hardlocked at Tier 1 while using this mech.
Do we have a deal? You did say it's good enough for you, right, so these shouldn't be any issue. Posted Image

Funnily enough, I already sort of made this pact with myself for the Shadowcat, which was a slight disappointment for me, due to the fact that MASC is a paperweight. Before the SHC was released, I told everyone I would be running ECM+Gauss+2ML. You can go back in my post history if you're absurdly bored, and you'll see people telling me that it would be really bad and it would run out of ammo. Everyone planned to use 2xCERPPC instead.

I stuck with the ECM+Gauss+2ML+paperweight, and as soon as I hit Tier 2 with my Clan account, I decided I would exclusively play up to Tier 1 using that build. First I just need to get this account to Tier 1.

I did ask PGI to give the SHC some ammo quirk though, for the sake of lore builds. I'm not signing any deal where I don't get to complain about stuff, that's like 80% of my posting on the forum.

Edited by Alistair Winter, 03 January 2016 - 11:33 AM.

#32 Hit the Deck

• 4,677 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 03 January 2016 - 11:47 AM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 03 January 2016 - 11:32 AM, said:

And besides, there's a certain beauty in a good death too. Especially in MWO, where mechs sometimes just stay on their feet or slump over against a building when they die.

Spoiler

That guy was probably trying to flee and then got shot while doing so, or, he was trying to kill steal but caught friendly fires on his back. I believe the latter is more plausible.

#33 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,823 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 03 January 2016 - 11:54 AM

View PostImperius, on 03 January 2016 - 11:04 AM, said:

I should already be Tier 1 but I only have 1,300 ish games under my belt.

No excuses, my wife is Tier 2 and she only has 900 games played

#34 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 03 January 2016 - 12:00 PM

View PostHit the Deck, on 03 January 2016 - 11:47 AM, said:

That guy was probably trying to flee and then got shot while doing so, or, he was trying to kill steal but caught friendly fires on his back. I believe the latter is more plausible.

He definitely shaved off too much rear CT armour. Rookie mistake.

#35 Summon3r

• 2,291 posts
  • Locationowning in sommet non meta

Posted 03 January 2016 - 12:30 PM

yes pls, though you know it will come pre-nerfed to the stone age

#36 BigBenn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 571 posts
  • LocationSioux Falls, SD

Posted 03 January 2016 - 12:44 PM

I can think of a dozen other mechs that "need" to be added to MWO before the Uber Cat Mk II get the nod.... actually, make that 20 mechs ahead of the Mad Cat Mk II.

This topic may not be brought up again. Thanks. :)

#37 Sigilum Sanctum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,673 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 03 January 2016 - 12:54 PM

I'd rather have the Blood Asp.

#38 pbiggz

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,686 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 03 January 2016 - 01:15 PM

View PostBigBenn, on 03 January 2016 - 12:44 PM, said:

I can think of a dozen other mechs that "need" to be added to MWO before the Uber Cat Mk II get the nod.... actually, make that 20 mechs ahead of the Mad Cat Mk II.

This topic may not be brought up again. Thanks. Posted Image

38 mechs have been added via packs since project phoenix. Your point is invalid and your attempts to stifle the conversation are futile.

I would love to see the madcat mk II.
There are alot of mechs I would love to see.

#39 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 03 January 2016 - 02:04 PM

This would be a great addition. This may actually be the time to introduce it because gauss isn't the monster it was.

As far as timeline goes... Idk anymore. We have Tuk which is 3052 but we're in 3050?

BTW, what's with the anti-davion/USA talk? You know Davion isn't the USA in space right? But I digress, this Davion would enjoy the Mk. 2.

#40 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 03:21 PM

View PostVxheous Kerensky, on 03 January 2016 - 11:54 AM, said:

No excuses, my wife is Tier 2 and she only has 900 games played

Ummm that's my whole 3 years of play, tier games only counted since January 2015 I don't even know how small that number is

View PostBigBenn, on 03 January 2016 - 12:44 PM, said:

This topic may not be brought up again. Thanks. Posted Image

I can think of a $2,327.00 reasons why your opinion doesn't matter.

Edited by Imperius, 03 January 2016 - 03:23 PM.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users