#61 Strum Wealh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 03 January 2016 - 06:17 PM

View PostBadgerWI, on 03 January 2016 - 06:00 PM, said:

Also it has inner sphere weapons and clan internals if I remember correctly. I don't know how they could handle that with the no mixed tech policy.

View PostMauttyKoray, on 03 January 2016 - 06:07 PM, said:

Like the IICs it would probably be an 'exception'. Allowed to equip the IS weaponry but still need to use Clan DHS, Engines, etc.

The Mad Cat Mk.II uses all Clan Tech - including the weapons, internal structure (Clan-grade Endo-Steel), engine (a Clan XL 360), and armor (Clan-grade Ferro-Fibrous).
Source 1, Source 2

#62 BadgerWI

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 126 posts
  • LocationNorthern Continent, Second Try, Chaos March, Federated Commonwealth

Posted 03 January 2016 - 06:32 PM

Good to know. Then if they give it to the IS then the IS would have access to clan weapons.

#63 Commander A9

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 03 January 2016 - 06:35 PM

Clans could use some new dedicated Clan hardware...that doesn't suck.

#64 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 03 January 2016 - 06:36 PM

May you get all that you wished for.... nerfed on release.

No more powercreep.

#65 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts
  • LocationOn Reddit and Twitter

Posted 03 January 2016 - 06:43 PM

Everyone in this thread against getting the Mad Cat MK II reminds me of this girl and they share the same mind set Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Imperius, 03 January 2016 - 06:44 PM.

#66 Random Carnage

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 946 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 03 January 2016 - 08:04 PM

View PostTed Wayz, on 03 January 2016 - 05:00 PM, said:

I saw this video once where an Urbie took out a *** ton of Atlas. So maybe we already have it?

The Urbie managed to get stuck in the Atlas' foot actuator when the Atlas stepped on it, causing the Atlas to over balance and fall off a cliff.

#67 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,341 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 03 January 2016 - 09:58 PM

View PostKnight Phaeton, on 03 January 2016 - 09:55 AM, said:

I want it so much... So beautiful and shiny assault. Please, please, create it in the following Clan Waves!

And I wanted this game to be a 3025 era base game that was properly balanced before we moved into Lostech and Clantech...

but hey, we can't all get what we want.

#68 Narcissistic Martyr

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 4,242 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted 04 January 2016 - 12:47 AM

View PostKnight Phaeton, on 03 January 2016 - 09:55 AM, said:

I want it so much... So beautiful and shiny assault. Please, please, create it in the following Clan Waves!

It's 14 years in the future so you won't get it anytime soon. Also I'd like to invoke TT nerd mode and point out that it's another fine example of clanners being terrible at designing mechs. By making it a 90 ton 4/6/4 XL engine mech instead of an 85 ton 4/6/4 the clanners cost themselves 3.5 free tons of free space and it doesn't even run maximum armor which would be the only way it could capitalize on being too heavy.

View PostFlash Frame, on 03 January 2016 - 09:58 PM, said:

And I wanted this game to be a 3025 era base game that was properly balanced before we moved into Lostech and Clantech...

but hey, we can't all get what we want.

Closed beta was so much fun. No XLs, not DHS, no endo... ah... back when energy vomit made you run too hot and dragons could knock folks down...

Sad thing is, 3025 with stock mechs is pretty well balanced. Shame we'll never get a stock mech mode.

Edited by Narcissistic Martyr, 04 January 2016 - 12:50 AM.

#69 Hit the Deck

• 4,677 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 04 January 2016 - 12:54 AM

View PostNarcissistic Martyr, on 04 January 2016 - 12:47 AM, said:

It's 14 years in the future so you won't get it anytime soon. Also I'd like to invoke TT nerd mode and point out that it's another fine example of clanners being terrible at designing mechs. By making it a 90 ton 4/6/4 XL engine mech instead of an 85 ton 4/6/4 the clanners cost themselves 3.5 free tons of free space and it doesn't even run maximum armor which would be the only way it could capitalize on being too heavy.

It's true that 85 tons would be the sweet spot for jumping assaults which also want to move somewhat fast mainly because of the lower JJ class. But MadCat Mk. II is a BattleMech so it can adapt. The bigger engine also spares you some crits (when you need them) due to engine mounted DHS.

#70 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts
  • LocationOn Reddit and Twitter

Posted 04 January 2016 - 01:05 AM

There is no timeline quit using it as a cop out. We went back in time, then forward, then back. The timeline is used for the territory boundaries for CW and as a crutch to not release other content.

You got the urbie
You got the unseen

We want our Mad Cat MK II!

#71 Widowmaker1981

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts
  • LocationAt the other end of the pretty lights.

Posted 04 January 2016 - 03:23 AM

View PostImperius, on 04 January 2016 - 01:05 AM, said:

There is no timeline quit using it as a cop out. We went back in time, then forward, then back. The timeline is used for the territory boundaries for CW and as a crutch to not release other content.

You got the urbie
You got the unseen

We want our Mad Cat MK II!

In that case, who cares about the Mad Kitty two, Blood Asp please. No need for other mechs, that is the one clan assault to rule them all.

#72 Hit the Deck

• 4,677 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 04 January 2016 - 03:26 AM

To be fair, Mad Cat Mk. II can shield its torso completely with its big arms while Blood Asp has a protruding head which can be shot from any angle.

#73 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 04 January 2016 - 03:44 AM

I like the MadCat MKII's looks, but still kind of hate that it is a thing.

It just seems kind of funky that since the Timber wolf/Madcat was popular, FASA had to find a way to make a MadCat for every class (except light).

We have this original (Heavy), the MadCat MKII (Assault), and the MadCat III (Medium). I mean, come on.

Anyway, I suppose it isn't any worse than the IICs (probably a way for Clan players to play popular IS mechs with a tiny bit of power creep).

Whatever, rant over. The Mad Cat MKII does look cool even if I think the reason it exists is kind of pandering. It is still lore regardless, so it's addition eventually will be nice.

#74 VinJade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 03:45 AM

I hate and despise all things that showed up from clicky tech & the Dark age.. I say hell no to this wanna be Timber wolf.

it should be forgotten.

#75 MeiSooHaityu

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 04 January 2016 - 03:48 AM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 03 January 2016 - 10:11 AM, said:

I want the Cougar! God damn, I want the Cougar!

An omnimech had a baby with a god damn fighter jet! It's going to be slow, but it's going to have an insane amount of firepower. There's a Cougar variant that has a gauss rifle! No big deal? Well, it also has five frickin CERMLs as "backup weapons". That's the same armament you see on Gargoyles and Executioners!

Oh hello, I'm a flying 35 ton mech with 50 point alpha strike.

Spoiler

I want this mech so bad, I'd turn to the Dark Si...I mean join the Clans to pilot one. It might be my favorite mech.

#76 Narcissistic Martyr

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 4,242 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted 04 January 2016 - 09:42 AM

View PostHit the Deck, on 04 January 2016 - 12:54 AM, said:

It's true that 85 tons would be the sweet spot for jumping assaults which also want to move somewhat fast mainly because of the lower JJ class. But MadCat Mk. II is a BattleMech so it can adapt. The bigger engine also spares you some crits (when you need them) due to engine mounted DHS.

Yeah fine for mwo, I was TT nerd raging. So many mechs made 5 tons too heavy costing them serious amounts of fire power. It drives me nuts.

I mean yeah inner sphere has the Charger but it was poorly designed with a specific purpose and role in mind. Same with the urbie.

Mr Gargles? Mad Cat II? Quickdraw? 5 tons overweight costing them several tons of free space. Can't the damn designers do math?

#77 pbiggz

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,686 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 04 January 2016 - 07:09 PM

View PostVinJade, on 04 January 2016 - 03:45 AM, said:

I hate and despise all things that showed up from clicky tech & the Dark age.. I say hell no to this wanna be Timber wolf.

it should be forgotten.

the Madcat MK 2 is not a dark age mech.

Its also one of the coolest clan battlemechs, get over yourself.

#78 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 04 January 2016 - 08:19 PM

View Postpbiggz, on 04 January 2016 - 07:09 PM, said:

the Madcat MK 2 is not a dark age mech.

Its also one of the coolest clan battlemechs, get over yourself.

I can think of better....

Kodiak
Stone Rhino
Supernova
Marauder IIC
Warhammer IIC
Blood Asp
Bane
Hellstar
Kingfisher
Omen
Tomahawk
Turkina

#79 pbiggz

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,686 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 04 January 2016 - 08:38 PM

View PostMetus regem, on 04 January 2016 - 08:19 PM, said:

I can think of better....

Kodiak
Stone Rhino
Supernova
Marauder IIC
Warhammer IIC
Blood Asp
Bane
Hellstar
Kingfisher
Omen
Tomahawk
Turkina

Half of those are omnimechs.
also we're arguing for the madcat mk ii because we like it. I mentioned earlier that 38 mechs have been added to the game since project phoenix at least, we'll get all the mechs, so I don't know why you're hellbent on telling us we can't have it.

Oh wait i do know why, its because you're davion, which means you probably played TT in your mom's basement in highschool in the 80s and you cling to canon like a bible thumper.

Edited by pbiggz, 04 January 2016 - 08:39 PM.

#80 Sigilum Sanctum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,673 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 04 January 2016 - 08:40 PM

View PostHit the Deck, on 04 January 2016 - 03:26 AM, said:

To be fair, Mad Cat Mk. II can shield its torso completely with its big arms while Blood Asp has a protruding head which can be shot from any angle.

The Blood Asp also has 2 variants with ECM and a variant with Jump Jets along with the highest ballistic mounts you could absolutely ask for.

EDIT: mech clarification.

Edited by Sigilum Sanctum, 04 January 2016 - 08:43 PM.

15 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 15 guests, 0 anonymous users