111 replies to this topic

#81 TheBlackMegadeus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 118 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 08:43 PM

View PostSigilum Sanctum, on 04 January 2016 - 08:40 PM, said:

the highest ballistic mounts you could absolutely ask for.

been asking for it.

#82 Imperius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts
  • LocationOn Reddit and Twitter

Posted 04 January 2016 - 08:44 PM

I will get my Mad Cat MK II if you want to cry for a mech you like start your own thread.

If you're an IS purist, please go hang out in the urbie lounge.

If you're in support of the MK II please voice it!

#83 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 04 January 2016 - 09:11 PM

View Postpbiggz, on 04 January 2016 - 08:38 PM, said:

Half of those are omnimechs.
also we're arguing for the madcat mk ii because we like it. I mentioned earlier that 38 mechs have been added to the game since project phoenix at least, we'll get all the mechs, so I don't know why you're hellbent on telling us we can't have it.

Oh wait i do know why, its because you're davion, which means you probably played TT in your mom's basement in highschool in the 80s and you cling to canon like a bible thumper.

No, played it at the local game store in the 90's, I started with TRO 3050, and I grew to like the Lore of Clan Ghost Bear... But as I became an adult (read early 2000's), I began to see the appeal of the IS and the Federated Suns.

That being said, I treat Lore like a guideline, not set in stone.

Me though, I'm excited about 14 days to go before I get my all-time favorite Mech, the Warhammer.

But hey, being a jerk-bag to me, about flying an IS flag, when you're doing the same, is a bit hypocritical don't you think?

Also, nowhere did I say you couldn't have the Mad Cat Mk.2, just that I could think of cooler mechs (omni or otherwise).

Edited by Metus regem, 04 January 2016 - 09:13 PM.

#84 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 09:23 PM

View PostMetus regem, on 04 January 2016 - 09:11 PM, said:

No, played it at the local game store in the 90's, I started with TRO 3050, and I grew to like the Lore of Clan Ghost Bear... But as I became an adult (read early 2000's), I began to see the appeal of the IS and the Federated Suns.

Me though, I'm excited about 14 days to go before I get my all-time favorite Mech, the Warhammer.

But hey, being a jerk-bag to me, about flying an IS flag, when you're doing the same, is a bit hypocritical don't you think?

Also, nowhere did I say you couldn't have the Mad Cat Mk.2, just that I could think of cooler mechs (omni or otherwise).

I could have thought of many cooler mechs than an Urbie, or a Panther...

I've got $2,330ish reasons to want MY favorite mech (Mad Cat MK II) added to the game.

Edited by Imperius, 04 January 2016 - 09:26 PM.

#85 pbiggz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,686 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 04 January 2016 - 09:26 PM

View PostMetus regem, on 04 January 2016 - 09:11 PM, said:

Everybody and their mother is coasting in here to explain why we can't have the madcat mk ii, because lore, timeline, etc. forgive me for lumping you in with them, but the vast majority are davrats; the same people who run LRM boats because thats what they did in tabletop battletech, the same people who try to RP ceasefires in community warfare only to be steamrolled by the followers of dear coordinator tekashi kurita (honour be upon him). The same people who scream bloody murder when teams kick their sorry asses. The same people who seem to have convinced russ that Alpine peaks is worth keeping.

Every time we try to have a discussion here, in general discussion, someone comes in not to present real counter arguments, but to tell us were stupid for having the discussion at all.

If you aren't part of the underhive, thats good, forgive me for lumping you in with them.

Its very good that in 14 days you get the warhammer, now help us convince russ that the madcat mk 2 is worth getting.

Edited by pbiggz, 04 January 2016 - 09:27 PM.

#86 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 09:35 PM

View PostImperius, on 04 January 2016 - 09:23 PM, said:

I could have thought of many cooler mechs than an Urbie, or a Panther...

I've got $2,330ish reasons to want MY favorite mech (Mad Cat MK II) added to the game.

I've got a sizable investment (thrown into the fire that is PGI) as well, and as I said, no where did I say I was against the Mad Cat Mk. 2.

The Urban Mech is a fan favorite, and PGI asked the players to pony up or shut up about it. As for the Panther, yea no argument there, not my cup of tea....

I'd like to see a Coyotl, she just needs one more version, easy to do, give it a ballistic oriented build call it an Alt. P, bam decent Clan 40t omni...

#87 Random Carnage

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 946 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 04 January 2016 - 09:37 PM

As long as Russ doesn't do to the Mk ll what he did to the Dire.

#88 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 09:40 PM

View Postpbiggz, on 04 January 2016 - 09:26 PM, said:

Everybody and their mother is coasting in here to explain why we can't have the madcat mk ii, because lore, timeline, etc. forgive me for lumping you in with them, but the vast majority are davrats; the same people who run LRM boats because thats what they did in tabletop battletech, the same people who try to RP ceasefires in community warfare only to be steamrolled by the followers of dear coordinator tekashi kurita (honour be upon him). The same people who scream bloody murder when teams kick their sorry asses. The same people who seem to have convinced russ that Alpine peaks is worth keeping.

Every time we try to have a discussion here, in general discussion, someone comes in not to present real counter arguments, but to tell us were stupid for having the discussion at all.

If you aren't part of the underhive, thats good, forgive me for lumping you in with them.

Its very good that in 14 days you get the warhammer, now help us convince russ that the madcat mk 2 is worth getting.

I'm in the underhive that is T4, but I play more inspired builds for fun, and not concerned about climbing to PSR ladder. I could care less about people in LRM boats, if they help me kill quicker, great.

Do I whine about getting face rolled against better pilots? Nope, they make me better as I try to learn from my losses and improve.

#89 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 10:07 PM

View Postmartian, on 03 January 2016 - 09:58 AM, said:

Unfortunately, it's from 3066. Now we are in early 3050s.

3051 actually but Piranha fits current timeline, can I have it like very soontm.

#90 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 10:22 PM

View PostCurccu, on 04 January 2016 - 10:07 PM, said:

3051 actually but Piranha fits current timeline, can I have it like very soontm.

Look we've gone back in time so many times it's time to move on to the future! If we can pull mechs from 3025, we can pull them from 3070 too.

#91 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 04 January 2016 - 11:22 PM

View PostImperius, on 04 January 2016 - 10:22 PM, said:

Look we've gone back in time so many times it's time to move on to the future! If we can pull mechs from 3025, we can pull them from 3070 too.

The only way I can see us getting the Mad 2 is if Pgi is somehow convinced to drop the timeline. I think it'd be more likely to get them to move the timeline up but 3066 is far away... There are events in lore between now and then that'd make good, well, events in game.

#92 Sigilum Sanctum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,673 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 04 January 2016 - 11:45 PM

View PostRandom Carnage, on 04 January 2016 - 09:37 PM, said:

As long as Russ doesn't do to the Mk ll what he did to the Dire.

Russ didn't do anything to the dire, blame the inept modeler that turned its head into an oversized Boeing 737. That, or IGP rushing PGI to get the clans out the door. All the Wave 1 mechs have inept flaws in their models/size/animations....then again a lot of the earlier mechs do too.

....THEN AGAIN, some newer mechs are **** too in the art department *coughwolfhoundcough*

#93 Anjian

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 3,735 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 11:53 PM

View PostKnight Phaeton, on 03 January 2016 - 09:55 AM, said:

I want it so much... So beautiful and shiny assault. Please, please, create it in the following Clan Waves!

Ah the famous poptarter from MW4.

#94 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 06:33 AM

View PostTheArisen, on 04 January 2016 - 11:22 PM, said:

The only way I can see us getting the Mad 2 is if Pgi is somehow convinced to drop the timeline. I think it'd be more likely to get them to move the timeline up but 3066 is far away... There are events in lore between now and then that'd make good, well, events in game.

Again please quit acting like a timeline exists other than creating at start point for the CW map. Which mind you we've gone back in time on 3 times now...

We will get one trust me! It's one of my personal goals for MWO I'm pretty sure 1-2 times a week I ask Russ for it.

Edited by Imperius, 05 January 2016 - 06:38 AM.

#95 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 08:29 AM

View PostImperius, on 05 January 2016 - 06:33 AM, said:

Again please quit acting like a timeline exists other than creating at start point for the CW map. Which mind you we've gone back in time on 3 times now...

We will get one trust me! It's one of my personal goals for MWO I'm pretty sure 1-2 times a week I ask Russ for it.

You really want it to happen, then buy PGI stocks, that will make you a shareholder, and put you a lot higher on the pecking order, then someone who has spent money on this game. Just because you have spent money here, doesn't mean you have invested money into PGI.... It's the same as buying stuff from the Apple store or Google play, you spend money, but Apple or Google are under no obligatios to you.

#96 MeiSooHaityu

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 05 January 2016 - 08:40 AM

I just hope when the Madcat MKII comes, it doesn't have Polio like the MW4 one did. Those legs...WTF were they thinking???

Posted Image
Posted Image

I do trust Alex will make it look cool though.

#97 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 08:42 AM

View PostMetus regem, on 05 January 2016 - 08:29 AM, said:

You really want it to happen, then buy PGI stocks, that will make you a shareholder, and put you a lot higher on the pecking order, then someone who has spent money on this game. Just because you have spent money here, doesn't mean you have invested money into PGI.... It's the same as buying stuff from the Apple store or Google play, you spend money, but Apple or Google are under no obligatios to you.

Thank god the development team doesn't operate like apple or google. I can't say the same for this junky community though, constantly impeding progress and feedback with grudges and malice.

I don't demand things history should have tought you it never works out.

If I was a share holder I can assure you no time would have been wasted on CW!

View PostMeiSooHaityu, on 05 January 2016 - 08:40 AM, said:

(Snip)

This

Edited by Imperius, 05 January 2016 - 08:55 AM.

#98 Sazabi Steppenwulfe

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 65 posts
  • LocationOrestes Principal

Posted 05 January 2016 - 08:51 AM

View PostMeiSooHaityu, on 05 January 2016 - 08:40 AM, said:

I just hope when the Madcat MKII comes, it doesn't have Polio like the MW4 one did. Those legs...WTF were they thinking???

Posted Image
Posted Image

Yep, definitely needs the Alex touch. Honestly, i don't think timeline should matter when deciding which mechs to put in game. But so long as they keep pulling from the 3050s/ pre-FedCom Civil War, balance issues are gonna come up between clan and IS platforms.

#99 MeiSooHaityu

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 05 January 2016 - 08:55 AM

View PostSteppenwulf, on 05 January 2016 - 08:51 AM, said:

Yep, definitely needs the Alex touch. Honestly, i don't think timeline should matter when deciding which mechs to put in game. But so long as they keep pulling from the 3050s/ pre-FedCom Civil War, balance issues are gonna come up between clan and IS platforms.

I know this might be a bit blasphemous, but I kind of wish they would make mechs without concern for timeline at all. Make 3060 mechs, go ahead!

BUT... Have CW locked onto the current timeline. Buy a MadCat MKII, use it in solo/group queue all you want, but it is locked out of CW until that timeline comes about.

CW is supposed to be the serious game type that would be more at home with a timeline. The other queues are really just random quick play matches that don't carry any weight. Why not?

I think I might make a thread on this...and get thoroughly trounced by the community lol.

Edited by MeiSooHaityu, 05 January 2016 - 08:55 AM.

#100 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 08:57 AM

View PostMeiSooHaityu, on 05 January 2016 - 08:55 AM, said:

I know this might be a bit blasphemous, but I kind of wish they would make mechs without concern for timeline at all. Make 3060 mechs, go ahead!

BUT... Have CW locked onto the current timeline. Buy a MadCat MKII, use it in solo/group queue all you want, but it is locked out of CW until that timeline comes about.

CW is supposed to be the serious game type that would be more at home with a timeline. The other queues are really just random quick play matches that don't carry any weight. Why not?

I think I might make a thread on this...and get thoroughly trounced by the community lol.

I'm ok with locking mechs out of the CW for timeline purposes.

11 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 11 guests, 0 anonymous users