107 replies to this topic

#41 PFC Carsten

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 06 January 2016 - 05:27 AM

235 tons each please. That way you could field a mech from each class with ~avg weight for each class. Going heavier in one class will force you to make a trade-off with your other mechs, i.e. if you really want that 100 ton assault, you will need to go with Locust instead of a Firestarter.

#42 S C A R

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 135 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationRussia

Posted 06 January 2016 - 05:36 AM

When will PGI learn. Just reduce IS tonnage to 245 or 250. Sometimes I wonder if there is any common sense in PGI. IQ rating - verage person 100 - PGI 40.

#43 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 06 January 2016 - 05:53 AM

View PostCurccu, on 05 January 2016 - 04:36 PM, said:

Too much tonnage IMO. oh well 4x EBJ

My thoughts, too, on both sides. Why would anyone take a Light?

#44 goatreich

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrench
  • The Wrench
  • 105 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 06 January 2016 - 07:31 AM

View PostDawnstealer, on 06 January 2016 - 05:53 AM, said:

My thoughts, too, on both sides. Why would anyone take a Light?

Because 3x Timberwolves + Artic cheater. Or in IS case, Lolcust and 3 Heavies/assaults.

#45 Kaunmann The Meatshield

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 07:31 AM

I have to say...the developers of this game are completely incompetent ... three changes in one month?WTF!measure twice, cut once!

#46 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 06 January 2016 - 10:15 AM

Don't blame teh devs on this one, someone is calling the shots above their heads here...

#47 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,622 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 10:57 AM

View PostMovinTarget, on 06 January 2016 - 10:15 AM, said:

Don't blame teh devs on this one, someone is calling the shots above their heads here...

Who?

#48 Virlutris

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 1,443 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationVery likely goofing off in a match near you.

Posted 06 January 2016 - 11:14 AM

Let 'em experiment with varying the tonnage.

I'd like to see them drop below 240 at some point too.

If this leads to tonnage varying from planet to planet in the next phase, I'm fine with it. We're just getting to test these combos accross all the planets right now.

#49 Rebel Ace Fryslan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 441 posts
  • LocationAd Astra

Posted 06 January 2016 - 11:32 AM

i'd rather just see some profiles you can load to drop with, with he mechs you have.

I made a topic on CW for small changes to improve the gameplay and cw in general.
waiting another 6 months for a big change to CW, witch could be good right out he box.

plz do some more coding and less skin work.

#50 Sugabearto Kell

• Pip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 18 posts
  • LocationKansas City Kansas

Posted 06 January 2016 - 11:36 AM

Im kinda glad the wall of txt i posted iddnt make it. i get to revise and take out all the cussing and stuff =D

Okay, so whats broken isnt tonnage, although i think its ******** that we keep upping it...its like insane to think that upping it could fix it....morons.

1)Russ, stop updating us with ur goddamn twitter account. Communicating with more than a twitter account is required to be a professional. Do your job like professional or you should be fired.

2)I'll make the balance portion of this as short as i can.

WHY WOULD ANYONE PLAY WITH MECHS THAT ARE NEGATIVE QUIRKED.?!?!?!?!?!?! Its just stupid. Mathmatics and micro managment of your actions are what gets you wins in this game. How can i do the most dmg, while dictating how the enemy dmgs me, therby mitigating dmg to myself is how you win. Its a simple concept. That being said,
When i can mount 4/5 large lasers with quirks that give me -25% heat generation (10%+15% = 25%) +25% Range (10%+15%=25%) -20% duration(10%+10%=20%) and 10%-25% Cooldown on "energy" wpns WHILE having an internal structure thats harder to kill than stripping off the armor in the goddamn 1st place WHY IN THE HELL WOULD I PLAY ANYTHING ELSE?

The quirks are killing this game....take them out. Plain and simple no quirks for ANYONE and this problem is fixed. Make the pilots choose how to play their mechs with the wpn choices they put on the mechs. This fixes the "balance" issue and makes it easier to code, to adjust the whole nine yards. If you want something to be harder to kill...put more armor on it...adjust the armor allowance on the CT, or the Arms or Torso...whatever....easy. Problems with laser vomit? Adjust the hard points on the certain mech and make it fair, adjust the power of the lasers being a problem, is it range? is it dmg? Both? Adjust....It isnt about IS and CLAN after that...its about finding a blance of fun with ur game....

Varients should be different hard points and choices they make in buying the mech for a purpose. Not how can i be "OP" when making a choice of a mech...this is why there are people that have wasted money buying mechs that are NOT VIABLE in the game because they cant compete with the quirked out mechs they face...its less the Pilot and more Mathmatical Certainty.

3) Make map creation somethign we get to be a part of. PGI hold a contest the community gets to participate in. Several phases are in order here. Ask the community to create maps for you....let them do the goddamn work FOR YOU. Create a contest that we submit maps, review them for 15 days and put 5 of them in rotation and let us vote on the top 3 to keep, You get to award a mech pack to 1st place, premium time to 2nd place and warhorn/camo patterns to 3rd place....map issue solved and people will love you for it. We will be behind you 100% in this i guarantee it. This works for both Pub Maps and CW Maps AAAANNNNDDD you get to hold events for them *gasp*

Just my 2cents Posted Image Hope you all enjoyed.

Edited by Sugabearto Kell, 06 January 2016 - 11:37 AM.

#51 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,875 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 06 January 2016 - 11:40 AM

Right, 4 ECM equipped Hellbringers coming up. Until the tonnage changes again and I have a couple very expensive unnecessary mechs...

#52 Arkhangel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,197 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 06 January 2016 - 11:52 AM

for the guy whining about OmniMech's being hamstrung by the fact they're OmniMechs.... uh.. duh? when IS get Omnis, they'll have the same problem.

honestly what's currently killing you guys is the fact the 228th and MercStar managed to free themselves from being bondsmen and went back to being mercs over Christmas.

You guys losing has nothing to do with power creep on mechs, or something the Devs did.... it really has mostly to do with the fact that a ton of skilled pilots just left your side and are beating the crap out of you for a change (plus MercStar no longer blocked Rasalhague's battle hardened units from advancing in on the Wolves).

Honestly, though, yeah, we don't need the tonnage increased. We just need Phase 3 out so we have all those nice career options and incentives to stick with a house or clan, not to mention the force multipliers the Recon Missions can earn us (Scanner Sweep, Spy Sat and Long Tom Strike, if i read correctly in the video).

get that out and hopefully we can even out the spread of units per faction and get some better fights that mean something.

#53 Rebel Ace Fryslan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 441 posts
  • LocationAd Astra

Posted 06 January 2016 - 12:03 PM

The dropships must have really weird engine problems that they keep have to tun they max load drops. Posted Image

#54 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 06 January 2016 - 12:21 PM

Why not vary the tonnage per planet?

It might add some interest value to CW.

#55 M A S E

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 142 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 01:00 PM

View PostAppogee, on 06 January 2016 - 12:21 PM, said:

Because that is too much Logic for Russ to comprehend.

#56 WarHippy

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 01:26 PM

View PostStalaggtIKE, on 05 January 2016 - 05:13 PM, said:

Now we're just tonnage creeping. First IS got an increase, then clan, then IS again and now clan. Soon we'll just take 4 Assaults.

How about we try going the other way? Require us to make some hard choices... Do I take 3 Meds and a Heavy or Lights and Assault?

Well for me that sounds terrible. Not everyone enjoys the same things, and I for one prefer higher tonnage options. Forcing everyone to play most lights and mediums just isn't interesting or fun for some people. While there are some light and medium mechs I enjoy playing I do not want to play them all the time.

#57 Groutknoll

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 01:29 PM

how about removing the tonnage limit but have per planet recommended drop weight. If drop deck is over then give a cbill/xp/lp % penalty and if under then give a cbill/xp/lp % boost. Could be done for each pilot and team. That way assault only pilots can drop with 4 assaults but then get a large cbill/xp/lp penality but this can be offset if the team drops under weight.

#58 crustydog

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 06 January 2016 - 01:37 PM

The Clans have lost their mobility - and they do not have the option to improve their mobility with engine upgrades - they also cannot mess with their available tonnage by swapping out endo steel, ferro armor, and many of their heat sinks are fixed. In other words, Clanners can only change their weapon load outs to offset the impacts of the nerfs. While the Clanners do have superior weapons in some areas, their main weapons, the lasers, are also now nerfed in range, poorer heat sink capacity performance and longer duration. It's a death sentence for unskilled players.

So now they only have superior skill to fall back on. The skilled players stayed on to win Tukayyid, but afterwards they left, and the Clans collapsed completely.

5 tons will make no difference at all. Skilled vrs unskilled, the unskilled will lose every time, regardless of tech. Unskilled vrs unskilled, where balance is concerned, the time has come to restore Clan mobility and heat performance, for that is the main offset against IS quirked mechs with reinforced structures.

You want to fix this? - restore at least 50% of the base mobility lost from the skill tree, for all mechs. Restore the Clan heat capacity back to it's pre-patch range, (their weapons are stronger but also already much hotter.) Then reduce the mobility buffs for the mobility quirked IS mechs by at least 50%. Then find the specific mechs, both Clan and IS, that cannot compete, and bring them up through quirks and hard points back into the fold. Also, remove the restrictions on engines, upgrades and all fixed equipment on the Clan mechs - to allow some of the same design customization that makes IS mechs so superior in the first place. Some people prefer mobility over firepower, others just the opposite.

Upgrade the engine destruction threshold from three critical hits to four critical hits and forever eliminate a mistake that has been with us for thirty years. Just do it already.

Use the hard points and max engine size restrictions to continue to force build variation on Clan omnipods and IS Mech variants. PGI also still controls the max twist and pitch ranges on mechs.

I do not mind that PGI puts out a steady stream of new mechs - I do want to see PGI spend more time on upgrading the obsolete mechs to bring them back into viability.

That's how you do balance.

#59 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,875 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 06 January 2016 - 01:56 PM

That would be asking players to change their drop deck for each separate planet. that's a big hassle for a veteran player like me who has enough mechs to do it, and a nightmare for a new player who is scrounging up 4 clan mechs to participate.

#60 Cementi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 779 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 02:24 PM

Tonnage most certainly needs to be dropped from it's current stand point. For example recently did a drop with my unit, ended up against a pug team and we pushed in with 12 assaults. I think 10 or 11 out of them were either an Atlas or King Crab. Now team work is what allowed us to crush them and wipe the generators and 3/4 of omega in that push and still hang around to smash half their mechs before those first 12 assaults finally dropped.

Now this kind of tactic though rare (honestly we were just goofing off probally would not have worked had the team had any organization) can work however it should not be without extreme risk. However with the current tonnage values.....meh I had enough tonnage to have my Atlas backed up by a Zeus a Blackjack and a Cicada so even when my Atlas dropped I still had plenty of tonnage and with IS super structure quirks on everything.

I personally think that tonnage should be more around the 225 to 235 range max. Allowing a middle of the road weight mech for each weight class so if someone wants something bigger well they have to sacrafice something. Assaults are supposed to be rare. Being able to throw two of them at every planet for a house unit would be a serious stretch, a merc unit simply would not be able to do that. The back bone of most units, house and merc was usually lights and mediums. Heavies and Assaults were put in depending on the objective. The game needs to go back to that.

Someone mentioned that a drastic change like that would not be fair to players like them because they dislike lights and mediums. The same could be argued for the current tonnage values which force light and medium pilots to bring heavies and assaults. The counter will be made by someone that they do not have to however all of us know that a choice like that negatively impacts the team because current map design leans heavily toward combat. Scouting is only usefull on a handfull of maps. Yes some exceptional scouts can do it on any map but not many.

What I think really needs to happen is a tonnage system similar to the way it works in public ques right now. With a team drop weight. Do not nerf 12 mans. Sorry Im all for the small unit and solo player (separate issue but 2 mans really should be in the solo que, hard to get a friend into the game when I have to throw them to the wolves) but CW is really what MWO has for end game content. It is supposed to be hard and therefore you need a group. Give the team queing a combined weight for all their members dropdecks. So if the decided average is 250 tons a dedicated light or medium pilot can shave some tonnage off his deck and allow a dedicated assault pilot to run 4 assaults. Everyone plays what they want to play.

Current IS tonnage is 265 so a group of 7 players queing in would have a combined max tonnage of 1855. Do not play with the tonnages according to group size so that any other groups or singles coming in do not mess with that aspect of the match balance.

As a medium pilot I would be more than happy to run 4 mechs around the 50 ton range and allow someone better able to use the tonnage access to that 65 tons.

Oh and that might actually generate some lance vs lance warefare instead of bring your next heaviest each wave.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users