• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 485 posts
  • LocationVanvikan, Norway

Posted 07 January 2016 - 12:44 PM

View PostFallenSeraphim, on 06 January 2016 - 06:22 PM, said:

Pretender!!! Nah it's me. Posted Image

Just out of curiosity. Why two accounts when they're both on same tier? 4 free mech bays? :P

#22 FallenSeraphim

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 34 posts
  • LocationAlberta, Canada

Posted 07 January 2016 - 07:06 PM

View PostJC Daxion, on 07 January 2016 - 12:15 PM, said:

350-500 on average is a good pilot...

500-750 you had a killer match...

750+ You had an amazing match, and played against players not as skilled..

You play with all good players with good aim pulling their weight, and no one is gonna go much over 500, even in assault,, they drop too fast.

Fundamentally I agree with you in that if all players are of equal skill then damages should be pretty even all around for the most part. But of course in real life that doesn't happen - unless you're up in Tier 1 Posted Image

These days it's easier to get high damage scores with many dropping in heavies or assaults in PUGs, or even in the group queue with a few 2-4 man maximizing their tonnage. Just more meat to chew on! (Finally got "Ace of spades" running the locust, almost broke 1k in that group match)

Can't blame me for lighting up the pilots who are so very obviously out of position Posted Image

View PostSerpentbane, on 07 January 2016 - 12:44 PM, said:

Just out of curiosity. Why two accounts when they're both on same tier? 4 free mech bays? Posted Image

lol partially... Initially used the account (and another alt account that's tier 3) as test beds for different mechs I didn't want to commit bays on my main account to. Also wanted to try out the new user experience just to see what it was like (the accounts were made before PSR so no Tier 5). Nowadays I play the alt accounts for the mechs they have (too lazy to master them on main account) and for the freebies during events

#23 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 07 January 2016 - 07:12 PM

View PostLuxNyx, on 05 January 2016 - 06:44 PM, said:

How is possible that a Locust can do 1250 points on a match???? Is the best points mech does on a match,if not,watch The Underrated Locust thread on light mechs subforum right now. Seriously,the work of an assault mech on a light mech,how is that possible??? Im a light mech pilot (piloting a Kit Fox D) but that...that is an abomination on less than 40 tons mech!!!

Edit: http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__4928046

We have had Locusts dropping 1K+ damage before quirks were even a dream. Mentioned in that very thread, XD.

#24 Digital_Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 441 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 07:06 AM

View PostLuxNyx, on 05 January 2016 - 06:44 PM, said:

How is possible that a Locust can do 1250 points on a match???? Is the best points mech does on a match,if not,watch The Underrated Locust thread on light mechs subforum right now. Seriously,the work of an assault mech on a light mech,how is that possible??? Im a light mech pilot (piloting a Kit Fox D) but that...that is an abomination on less than 40 tons mech!!!

Edit: http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__4928046

I saw the last man on our team (a Spider with a single ERLL) drop 5 heavies and assaults and tied the match (clock ran out before he finished the last guy, barely) in an Assault match on HPG the other day. The other team was well coordinated and some of us made some bad calls in the match and we got our teeth kicked in, and the lone spider tied up the match and almost won it. With speed and JJs he danced around the outer walls on HPG picking off opponents 1 at a time and there was no opponents left in the match that could do long range. I don't even remember the guys final damage number, but a single mech (especially a long range mobile light mech) in the hands of the right pilot can do wonders when the stars align.

#25 Tim East

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,422 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 08:12 PM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 07 January 2016 - 07:12 PM, said:

We have had Locusts dropping 1K+ damage before quirks were even a dream. Mentioned in that very thread, XD.

The first mech where I really felt properly deadly was the mighty pre-quirk Locust 3M. I still kind of miss some things about that beast. Like the fact that I dumped BAP to fit another laser in the thrice-quirked 1E instead of driving the mech that taught me to Locust. Maybe I should go back, but I just feel that scalpel Locusts aren't in a great place right now due to the global mobility nerf, and nostalgia alone won't make it go faster.

Also, weird note: the low hardpoint Locusts can still kind of scalpel Locust, but...they get so much better at range they kind of don't need the mobility buffs as much. Super strange, the way they have quirks set on some stuff atm.

#26 Prof RJ Gumby

• The People's Hero
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 12:20 AM

I smell an alt account here.

In fact, lights are the best to seal club on alt account IMO. When in a big mech, even if you own everyone, you're still taking damage all fight long, especially in those prolonged firefights. Lights can avoid being shot at. At lower tiers a veteran with a light or a very fast med (cicada, ice ferret) can easily cruise around the map and jump those who strayed too far from the group, especially if it has an ECM on board.

#27 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 11 January 2016 - 12:27 AM

View PostProf RJ Gumby, on 11 January 2016 - 12:20 AM, said:

In fact, lights are the best to seal club on alt account IMO. When in a big mech, even if you own everyone, you're still taking damage all fight long, especially in those prolonged firefights. Lights can avoid being shot at. At lower tiers a veteran with a light or a very fast med (cicada, ice ferret) can easily cruise around the map and jump those who strayed too far from the group, especially if it has an ECM on board.

Sorry, but I've seen people do it without alts. Hell, I've done it without needing to use an alt. You just need to be on point, and hope the fight lasts long enough for you to melt your enemies.

Edited by IraqiWalker, 12 January 2016 - 11:36 PM.

#28 Rushin Roulette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 11 January 2016 - 12:50 AM

View PostProf RJ Gumby, on 11 January 2016 - 12:20 AM, said:

Umm.... you do know that it has already been confirmed by the player in question here on this thread (Even by posting confirmations with both accounts showing the tier number) that it was an alt account... and also that the alt account has the same PSR rating as the main account... so not really any difference at all in terms of matchmaking in any way.

Edited by Rushin Roulette, 11 January 2016 - 12:50 AM.

#29 FallenSeraphim

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 34 posts
  • LocationAlberta, Canada

Posted 13 January 2016 - 07:12 PM

View PostTim East, on 10 January 2016 - 08:12 PM, said:

scalpel Locusts aren't in a great place right now due to the global mobility nerf, and nostalgia alone won't make it go faster.

They definitely took a hit, notice a big difference with the torso twist range and speed, and anchor turn. Not so much with speed tweak but still noticeable. But really everyone else is in the same boat with the changes to efficiencies. I just accept that I can't shoot almost right behind me whilst running away now. They're still quite viable, the posted score was after the mobility nerf.

Edited by FallenSeraphim, 13 January 2016 - 07:46 PM.

#30 Tim East

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,422 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 08:16 PM

View PostFallenSeraphim, on 13 January 2016 - 07:12 PM, said:

They're still quite viable, the posted score was after the mobility nerf.

Viable, yes. As good as they were pre-quirkening? I don't know. Quirks did a lot for Locusts, but what I really loved about mine was the way they could dance; and apart from the 1V and 3V, none of mine really feel like they do anymore. I don't miss the shooting almost backwards near as much as I miss the old stutter-step you could do.

It'd be neat if they made the 3M competitive again. I loved that machine and still have it saved in a spare bay.

/edit: Actually, what would be mega-cool is if they fixed flamers to actually inflict pain and then buffed the 3M for flamer use. Do any mechs in the game have flamer-specific quirks? Firestarters should, but I'm pretty sure PGI knows that flamers are in kind of a bad place and have been for a long time, and didn't want to inflict a weapon-specific quirk that was basically pointless on what was then the most popular light in the game.

Edited by Tim East, 13 January 2016 - 08:19 PM.

#31 B L O O D W I T C H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,426 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 12:23 AM

View PostTercieI, on 06 January 2016 - 06:20 AM, said:

In solo queue, especially in lower tiers, lights can easily outdamage anything in the hands of a skilled player.

especially the fat, 50 kph, 100 ton trial lights.
Just tried my luck getting a centi from the last event on my alt account (i got it with the 3rd try btw, unlike my main account which couldn't get that darn mech with 125 tries).

Tier is still tier 4, i can hardly imagine how easy it would be on tier 5. I gave up after a couple of 1k games, hardly a challenge even for mediocre pilots like myself.

Posted Image

After i went out of ammo, i proceeded to wooble across the map and killed 3 more guys with the 3 medium lasers.
I do not know why my teammates did not engage or finished off the remaining enemies, maybe out of ammo, maybe too damaged.
The only thing missing was some sort of elevator music.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users