#41 Rushin Roulette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 February 2016 - 06:55 AM

View Postmechnut450, on 13 January 2016 - 11:21 AM, said:

Lord Letto like i a said in that post I never been able to get a reasonable ( accurate ) temp reading for my computer with this board from day one.

Well, if the thermometers you tried to hold close up to it were melting I could believe that :P

On a more serious note. Have you thought of buying used parts to build a new computer if you are short on cash?

You are playing on a close to museum aged CPU (ok. slight over exaggeration), so just about any new or half way new motherboard/CPU/GPU/PSU combo will give you leagues better bang for your bucks than only upgrading the GPU. Especially as when you do upgrade the MOBO/CPU at some point you may not be able to use the new CPU as it may even have different connections/standards meaning you will have to get a new GPU anyways.

Even 1 year old used parts cost a fraction of their new versions and parts that cost the same as the ones you are hoping to buy new are definitely a few steps up performance wise.

#42 M T

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 351 posts
  • LocationGouda, South Holland

Posted 04 February 2016 - 08:26 AM

Time for an i7 4+ ghz bra. A new GPU would be half a waste without proper underlying hardware.

#43 mechnut450

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 112 posts
  • Locationusa baby

Posted 04 February 2016 - 10:13 AM

found my actual water cooler unit link. I got it 5-6 years ago. it is this it 120 x 150 x 27 (without fan) the upper piece on the rad cause my screws to not match up to holes I will take pics too. ( once I shut down and pull it out. ) they won't be best pic as it a crappy cell lol but I hope it will give you the idea of what I am working with.

View Postx MT x, on 04 February 2016 - 08:26 AM, said:

Time for an i7 4+ ghz bra. A new GPU would be half a waste without proper underlying hardware.

I dont have the funds for a 400 buck cpu or a motherboard to march it . I just got a newer mobo and a fx cpu helping my friend upgrade his system. ( free parts and it same ghz but 2x the cores and 16 gig ram.

#44 xWiredx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 10:23 AM

Ah, so my mind keeps skipping over this... its also an AIO, isn't it? That would explain the dimensions. It could be pretty much any entry level 120mm AIO. When AMD released Bulldozer, they did plan a package that came with one of those. Realistically, a replacement would work and fitment shouldn't be an issue. A 240mm one would definitely be recommended, though, if we can make it fit. Those AMD chips run hot. Once you get those pics we'll know for sure.

#45 mechnut450

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 112 posts
  • Locationusa baby

Posted 04 February 2016 - 10:39 AM

ok the pics first up is the actual radiator the pics are rough ( on photo bucket ) it show the inside near top ( less than a finger thickness of space on the top.)

Posted Image

her you can see how i had to off set the unit to mount in the case)
Posted Image

this is were I had to shave the corner off to get the case fan to even mount near the ram ( unable to use the other 2 banks if i had the memory due to the coolit pump.)
Posted Image

here the entire side view ( cable are not tucked away due time constrains when I assembled it in a few hours)

Posted Image

#46 mechnut450

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 112 posts
  • Locationusa baby

Posted 04 February 2016 - 10:45 AM

here the one I like to mount in the computer ( water cooler) but I have to arrange it so the hoses can go to the top and possible mount the rad on the outside of the case. due to limited spacing at the top. More less I being allow about 4-500 for the card and water cooler to replace both from taxes so tryingot keep it cheap and possible get a bigger case too lol

http://www.newegg.co...420&ignorebbr=1

here original cooler link since i forgot to add it

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16835227006

Edited by mechnut450, 04 February 2016 - 10:46 AM.

#47 xWiredx

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 12:57 PM

I think a Cooler Master HAF 912 (or any other HAF case for that matter) would be right down your alley. The 912 is the 'little brother' - I have one (and a 932). The 912 currently houses my old i7 2600K and uses a Corsair H50 water cooler plus an additional 2 120mm fans on top without needing to modify the fans or anything. The 932 houses my sig system, which has a Corsair H105 (and again, no modification to fit the other fans anywhere).

So, give me a summary here. Something like "my goal is to buy X and Y parts for Z budget to use with A B C existing parts." I've read so many threads the past few days I don't even know where I am right now.

#48 Golrar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 359 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 04 February 2016 - 06:57 PM

I had the same kind of issue with my H100i and top mounting in a Rosewill CHallenger case. I ended up getting the Corsair 500R which had built in support for a 240x120 on the top. I removed the pop out grill and mounted two 120s to the other side of the rad to get the push/pull. I got the case for $79 and the AIO for $89 on sale over a year ago. Looks like the prices have gone up on newegg somewhat.

When looking at your pics, why did you not mount the rad on the top and the 120mm case fan on the back? Just wondering because it looks like it would have fit a lot better and no shaving would have been required.

#49 mechnut450

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 112 posts
  • Locationusa baby

Posted 05 February 2016 - 03:33 AM

View PostGolrar, on 04 February 2016 - 06:57 PM, said:

When looking at your pics, why did you not mount the rad on the top and the 120mm case fan on the back? Just wondering because it looks like it would have fit a lot better and no shaving would have been required.

I was trying to switch to the push pull for air with the radiator but sadly there is not enough room plus when I attempt to mount in the top back spot I can't mount the second fan anywhere cause the same issues i have to off set the radiator and fan and half the time the pump was in the way.

#50 Golrar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 359 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 05 February 2016 - 07:32 PM

Yeah, I had the same issue and had to drill my own mounting holes in the rosewill. Really butchered it up which is why I went to the Corsair case. Much better when the case is designed for the rad.

#51 mechnut450

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 112 posts
  • Locationusa baby

Posted 07 February 2016 - 06:11 PM

View PostxWiredx, on 04 February 2016 - 12:57 PM, said:

So, give me a summary here. Something like "my goal is to buy X and Y parts for Z budget to use with A B C existing parts." I've read so many threads the past few days I don't even know where I am right now.

I am reusing everything but the water cooler and the video card (since it has given me issues.) I have roughly 500 to spends ( once taxes come in) so I looking to get at least a bigger( better water cooler and a video card ( looking at either ati r9 380 or higher ) if i can save enough to funds I like to upgrade to a larger case as well. ( one that can handle a 240 rat or bigger and have enough room between it( with fans) and the motherboard to allow switching out memory( increasing ) later on or such.

parts i am keeping and using are
16gig ddr3 ram
2.5 ssd drive
the cpu and mother board.
the Psu and cdrom are brand new.

#52 xWiredx

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 08:13 PM

Radeon R9 380: Roughly $205 + free prime shipping from Amazon
Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced: Roughly $150 + $22 for shipping from Amazon
Corsair H105: Roughly $104 + free prime shipping from Amazon

Just under budget and definitely meets the requirements. I'm sure you could go nuts on pcpartspicker and find some slightly better deals, but the case and AIO fitment I chose based on my experience. I have a HAF 932 and H105, they work perfectly together. Everything is mounted inside the case with plenty of room and plenty of extra airflow.

#53 mechnut450

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 112 posts
  • Locationusa baby

Posted 10 February 2016 - 12:56 PM

some update info guys I ran a game today and the max gpu temp was 62C sand the cpu temp was reading 54C I was seeing about 40-60 fps and that was a single match.

#54 mechnut450

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 112 posts
  • Locationusa baby

Posted 18 February 2016 - 11:12 AM

Ok I am about to go after my parts. I think I may need to upgrade my case as well. so I want a ( plain looking) case that will allow me to mount a push pull 240 mm radiator cooler for my CPU. so point me in the right direction. I am ok with drilling a hole to run fan cables though if i need to to put 2 fans on the outside of the case. ( my current case won't allow fans and a radiator inside the top) I prefer to spend a max of 100 on case if possible ( more I can put into card and cooler is better)

total budget is 500 with shipping. I use newegg mostly.. IF possible I like to be under that.

#55 mechnut450

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 112 posts
  • Locationusa baby

Posted 18 February 2016 - 11:22 AM

looking at this case I am not a fan of led fans lol.

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16811353028

thinking about this vid card

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16814127913

the water cooler will be the last thing i look at ( want to do a build myself but might just grab a sealed unit and see how system runs.)

I have upgraded my mobo ,cpu and ram thanks to my friend as he went and got the newest stuff and let me have his older stuff.) so I running same speed but 8 cores and a 970 chipset. and i know it can go higher with the cpu later or even larger if they may a flash for it. I not tried any overclocking as I know my cooler need to be replace.

#56 Golrar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 359 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 19 February 2016 - 11:31 PM

8 cores? So a FX-8320 or 8350? Make sure your water cooling is working with one of those. When I got my 8350 I didn't even attempt to run it on air.

With a 970 chipset you may not want to OC that chip too much. I don't know how well the VRMs on a 970 will handle voltage increases if you have to do that. However, at stock speeds and a bit of tweaking in your OS you should have decent performance. Nothing in the range of an i7, but enjoyable as long as you are not a comp player.

#57 mechnut450

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 112 posts
  • Locationusa baby

Posted 20 February 2016 - 10:32 AM

I believe it a fx-8320 cpu. the water cooler I got came out before even the 6 core cpu were out so i doubt it up to the 8 core needs, plus it lost fluids at some point cause it got air in the unit and i can hear it pull air into the pump a little at times ( under heavy loads) . SO i replacing it. I working on the 3 main parts to replace. but I getting the temps in the 70- 90 C range under loads and I can feel the heat blowing out the computer during these times.

#58 mechnut450

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 112 posts
  • Locationusa baby

Posted 25 February 2016 - 07:36 PM

OK guys I just got my case in and the water cooling unit. I have swapped everything over today and I don't have any leaks ( it sealed so well I had to fill the unit from the radiator ( it on top of the case) so it above everything. I also need to get some distilled water.as I put an entire liter in and I know there still air in the rad (got to get res over 75% so it wont pull air as a shake it) SO far I seeing about 4 Degrees C cooler temps for the cpu. Video card is a little warmer but i think it cause every fan is pushing air out of the case ( am going to flip the side fans to pull air in.) and see if that helps the video card some too. with fresh air

#59 Golrar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 359 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 26 February 2016 - 02:39 AM

You want a natural flow of air, like front to back or bottom to top. Most times you can't get bottom to top due to case construction and available space, but that would actually be the ideal setup since warm air rises anyway. But simply dragging air from outside will cool it a little. As long as the then warm air is drawn back out.

If I had the means to scratch build a case (not good with metal, only wood), I would mount two to three 140mm on the bottom blowing cool air in and have the radiator with equivalent exhaust fans sucking air out the top. Preferably with a high cfm across the components.

Man, now I want to design something like that.

#60 Rushin Roulette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 February 2016 - 03:13 AM

I agree. The way I have the air in my case is; front (230mm fan) pulls in , back (140mm fan) pushes out and top fans (2*140mm) have a regulator and can be switched on manually to pull more air out if I know I am about to start a big load on the CPU/GPU or when the temps are higher in Summer. I also made sure that the airflow in the case is not impended by anything by laying all cables behind the MOBO where possible.

This way my GPU temps hardly ever go over 55°c (top temp I have ever noticed is 63°c) with only air cooling (but no overclocking, as I dont see the need yet for current games).

EDIT: This is the case I use

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users