Srph dropped to ghost drop the planet from 79% to 100%

#22 BigRed40Tech

• PipPipPip
  • Force Commander
  • Force Commander
  • 93 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 09 January 2016 - 10:30 PM

So did the 1FWG. We all did after the planet was abandoned.

Because if you're past the finish line, you may as well lap them as well.

#23 DeathDream

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 32 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 10:39 PM

View PostZerex, on 09 January 2016 - 03:11 AM, said:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Battle report - Gan Singh - Capellan Confederation -
09/01/3052 10:00 GST (local time)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nice of you to block out the names. +Respect.

View PostMovinTarget, on 09 January 2016 - 05:28 AM, said:

I doubt this will pull TCAF from our borders, but if it does, have fun Mariks... they are brutal, professional, and efficient. Yes, I am complimenting my enemy, they have earned much respect.

Agreed. I will say the same.

#24 BigRed40Tech

• PipPipPip
  • Force Commander
  • Force Commander
  • 93 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 09 January 2016 - 10:53 PM

I agree. TCAP is a worthy enemy on the battlefield.

#25 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 10 January 2016 - 12:14 AM

View Poststormeagle, on 09 January 2016 - 10:53 PM, said:

I agree. TCAP is a worthy enemy on the battlefield.

Yes they are, fun to play against :)

#26 BigRed40Tech

• PipPipPip
  • Force Commander
  • Force Commander
  • 93 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 10 January 2016 - 04:55 AM

The Battle for Asuncion:

Late, with sparse reinforcements, the forward elements of Operating Flaming sword managed to make significant inroads on the planet. Despite its obvious importance, few Liao forces were committed to the fight. Several milita grade units committed to the defence at several points, and what defenders there were often abandoned their posts in the wake of unexpected, and early assault forces.

Marik forces, in dire need of being relieved, continued their assault throughout the exhaustion. Several units retired in this fighting, forced to withdraw from the order of battle, but the FWLM's strained units maintained the assault. Hitting abandoned positions were seemingly a waste of resources. When pockets of enemy resistance were met, they were forces which were a bare shadow of their former selves on Pleoine. These pockets were systematically annihilated. Veteran units were nowhere to be found on the defence either, clearly having been withdrawn for other fronts, or to rest those formations.

For the Capellans, the defeat was a sign of a collapse of their defence in this region. Units which did fight against House Marik, were often units more holding their ground over their pride, rather than based on their battle prowess. Sadly, these units were often poorly lead, or unwilling to commit to their more competent commander's orders. This lead to several serious disasters on the defence of the world, which lead to the destruction of several battalions of defending mechs.

Overall, Asuncion would be remembered as a footnote of the war. For the forces of the Free World's Military who participated, it would be remembered for its stretched supply lines, and lack of committed forces. It would be a long, brutal siege of a world, which wore heavily on the primary battalions' morale. Though these units would find victory, it would be a heavy cost. Even the FWLM military didn't expect such a rapid success after the brutal fighting on Ghan Singh, Zion, and Pleoine.

For the forces of House Liao, it would be remembered as a poorly thought out holding action. Mired by crippled morale, few instructions from their officers, and few units committing to battle, the battle for Asuncion is likely something the Capellan leadership would sooner wish to forget. Units evacuating their positions, and leaving other units behind, and at the mercy of their emboldened opponents, as well as units failing to appear for battle all together, best describe the troubled defence of the world.

If these troubles persist for the Capellan Confederation, the Free World's League expects to be marching troops through a dozen more worlds within the month.

The order of battle for House Marik, recognized as participating above and beyond for this long, drawn out battle, were elements of many units which were still resting from the battle on Pleoine. The 1st Free World's Guards contributed significant forces to the assault, and noteably RMA was extremely active in the battles, with their Commanding Officer participating himself at several points in the assault. ROAR also took a minor role in this action.

Interestingly, despite their contract coming due, the Phoenix Legion also contributed several lances, showing their loyalty to the last minute.

This world, being the home world of the Seraphim, saw a significant force of them involved in the liberation force, and their names would be honoured for their role in its liberation. Azazel, bluprnt, Whitelightshadow, Thomas Marik, and Churchman.

-Storm Eagle, 1st Free World's Guards.

Interestingly, it would seem that some in the Capellan Confederation, are now asking to renegotiate the once broken Non Aggression Pact.

And, it would seem, that there has also been an extremely violent exchange along the Davion Liao Border, likely being what drew away the more elite formations of the Capellan forces.

Edited by stormeagle, 10 January 2016 - 05:30 AM.

#27 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 10 January 2016 - 05:36 AM

View Poststormeagle, on 10 January 2016 - 04:55 AM, said:

And, it would seem, that there has also been an extremely violent exchange

I'll say!

I don't think they liked the beer cans we're leaving behind. I thought it was creating jobs for the soon to be out of work Liao pilots since they're going to need a new profession once we're finished with them.

On a serious note, a personal thank you from me to everyone (Liao AND Marik) who dropped with and against us tonight. Some of the most fun I've had in MWO
ever
and that's saying something. Everyone we dropped with and against had fun, exchanged friendly banter, and to me, that's what CW is truly about.
<o

P.S.
MARIKAH!Posted Image
(coming to you live from Ascuncion now)

#28 Kjudoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 10 January 2016 - 05:40 AM

LOL... Cover Story from "The Weekly Scandal" tabloid:
"Mechwarriors Participates in Panda Rescue, Brings Emergency Twinkie Supply. Pandas Overjoyed
Posted Image

.... BLUPRNT, the man who brought Pandas to Asuncion involved in rescue effort
.... Authorities investigate dietary torment inflicted by Liao forces on innocent Pandas; fed only bamboo!
.... Exclusive tell-all interview of Panda's ordeal during Liao Occupation!
Posted Image

.... See the exclusive cuddly reunion pictures!
.... Orders for Twinkies rise 20% in recaptured Zion sector
.... New fad: Pandawear?

.... Page 6 for full story!

(This is how we make heroes, boys and girls.
This is how legends are begun.)

Edited by Kjudoon, 10 January 2016 - 05:40 AM.

#29 StonedVet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 05:41 AM

That's who you guys are. We had a 12 man going last night and was wondering who your 12 was. Few commented they think they played you in the past. Turned into a 47-15 stomp for us but non the less was nice to see people I haven't seen before in a drop.

On now I remember .. The guys who dropped lrm boat everything against us. King crab lrm boats ftw!

Edited by Lowridah, 10 January 2016 - 05:42 AM.

#30 BLUPRNT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 616 posts
  • LocationLake Something or Other, WA

Posted 10 January 2016 - 05:47 AM

Lol! Pandas and twinkies for everyone.

I hope my secret stash was not discovered by the strangers who visited here.

Thank you gentlemen for the crash course in modern warfare! (oops, sorry wrong game)

Sandpit, thanks for helping me see the visual truth.

Edited by BLUPRNT, 10 January 2016 - 05:51 AM.

#31 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 10 January 2016 - 05:49 AM

View PostLowridah, on 10 January 2016 - 05:41 AM, said:

That's who you guys are. We had a 12 man going last night and was wondering who your 12 was. Few commented they think they played you in the past. Turned into a 47-15 stomp for us but non the less was nice to see people I haven't seen before in a drop.

On now I remember .. The guys who dropped lrm boat everything against us. King crab lrm boats ftw!

I was in our CW group the entire time, the only time we bothered dropping in clan area was right before one of the cease fires just because we wanted to get in a live drop before the cease fire and Gan Singh was already ours.

you'd be surprised at how few lurm boats you guys actually faced, we were just really well coordinated with where they went and when they got launched ;) (plus the guys we had in trial mechs because it was their first time ever dropping in CW)

It was fun though! It's always a blast getting to pick at you clanners once in a while :D

#32 StonedVet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 05:57 AM

View PostSandpit, on 10 January 2016 - 05:49 AM, said:

I was in our CW group the entire time, the only time we bothered dropping in clan area was right before one of the cease fires just because we wanted to get in a live drop before the cease fire and Gan Singh was already ours.

you'd be surprised at how few lurm boats you guys actually faced, we were just really well coordinated with where they went and when they got launched ;) (plus the guys we had in trial mechs because it was their first time ever dropping in CW)

It was fun though! It's always a blast getting to pick at you clanners once in a while :D

On were you in that drop? We only lost one mech first wave and it was a tk. Then both sides sat for 5 mins and we were like wtf is happening. We figured you were trying to draw us out to Lrm and were surprised to see king crab lrm boats. This was exactly as ceasefire was happening. Was able to get my stormcrow before sale ends after that match :)

Edited by Lowridah, 10 January 2016 - 05:58 AM.

#33 beerandasmoke

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 11:07 AM

View PostLowridah, on 10 January 2016 - 05:57 AM, said:

On were you in that drop? We only lost one mech first wave and it was a tk. Then both sides sat for 5 mins and we were like wtf is happening. We figured you were trying to draw us out to Lrm and were surprised to see king crab lrm boats. This was exactly as ceasefire was happening. Was able to get my stormcrow before sale ends after that match Posted Image

I dont think that was Stormeagles group. It might have been the 13th Ort because they had a group going as well. The one drop we had against clans was on Hellabore and we won that one pretty easily.

#34 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 10 January 2016 - 01:49 PM

View PostLowridah, on 10 January 2016 - 05:57 AM, said:

On were you in that drop? We only lost one mech first wave and it was a tk. Then both sides sat for 5 mins and we were like wtf is happening. We figured you were trying to draw us out to Lrm and were surprised to see king crab lrm boats. This was exactly as ceasefire was happening. Was able to get my stormcrow before sale ends after that match Posted Image

yea that doesn't sound like our group. There was 1-2 other groups dropping on clan right at ceasefire.

#35 Joshua McEvedy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 491 posts
  • LocationDuchy of Oriente, Free Worlds League

Posted 10 January 2016 - 04:54 PM

[color=#959595]It might have been the 13th Ort because they had a group going as well. [/color]

No, it wasn't us (13OH). We don't have any King Crab LRM boats.

#36 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 10 January 2016 - 04:58 PM

http://mwomercs.com/...rightful-cause/

Looks like your girlfriend is trying to sank it up with the fist.

Take that any way you want ;)

#37 BigRed40Tech

• PipPipPip
  • Force Commander
  • Force Commander
  • 93 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 10 January 2016 - 09:45 PM

Ghan Singh:

January 10th, 3051.

Much to the surprise of the FWLM, a furious assault was launched against Ghan in response to recent activities on the Liao-Marik border. Ghan Singh, only recently liberated by the Free World's League, was subject toa furious assault. Formations from the Capellan's Davion front were reintegrated to their western flank. Comfortable in their position, Marik units were sent reeling from a furious counterattack by battle hardened Liao units. A brutal battle of attrition spread out across the planet, before Capellan forces managed to finally overwhelm the planet, after several decisive victories.

Despite the recent opinions of Liao units, the reignited battle for Ghan Singh showed Capellan dedication, as well as their abilities when competently lead. In the days prior, poorly lead units struggled to defend their worlds, often being wasteful with lives, and being defeated by forces which in some cases may not be able to do more than raid a world, rather than take it. It was likely that the Ghan Singh counteroffensive, was launched with the idea of reinforcing the army's morale, and to send a message to House Marik, that the war was far from won. Liao forces, once they'd taken the world, found themselves still trapped in bitter fighting along the Davion border, which saw a loss of significant forces.

For House Marik, the campaign was a disaster. The First Free World's Guard, and several other units, were savaged in the unexpected counteroffensive. Unit commanders were left in a bewildered state, unable to understand how their opponents could have redirected such a significant force to their planet in such time. Garrison units were overrun in shamefully underwhelming engagements. Morale broke after several key sectors were taken, though it was noted that several units, largely Marik Regulars, mounted their own counteroffensive before a recently agreed ceasefire. The counteroffensive, more capable lead, did make inroads to holding the world, but ultimate failed due to poor strategic movements by command. Often, FWLM command (the servers) set their troops into holding positions, rather than retaking old ones, making it ever more difficult to actively gain ground.

However, despite the ceasefire, the battle for Ghan Singh was hardly over.

Several strong formations were left on world, as garrison units, by House Liao, as much needed units were swung to the east. Those who remained behind, while capably lead, understood their positions could be difficult to maintain. The Free World's League would need to save face, and justify continuing Operation Flaming Sword. The setback was politically damning. As a result, nearly a full regiment of forces were allocated to the retaking of the planet. Outnumbered nearly two to one, Liao forces fought bravely, and with almost suicidal intent to keep their world.

In the battles which raged for nearly eight hours, multiple battalions were smashed, but ultimately House Liao's forces came to the point where they simply could not hold their lines, with the numbers they had. Several outright defeats later on in the conflict, leading to the complete collapse of organized resistance, allowed the FWLM to reestablish control of the planet, and save their puppet government.

With the world once again taken, FWL command knows it will be hard to hold. Its formations now needing to rest, only tired and spent forces would be left defending the world, after a grueling campaign to recapture it. Ghan Singh, now having traded hands four times in two days, is clearly a graveyard for both sides in the conflict.

It is expected that House Marik will soon be dedicating more resources to this front, as they become available, to keep the momentum of Operation Flaming Sword going. A stall will not be acceptable to either the military, or the Senate.

#38 BigRed40Tech

• PipPipPip
  • Force Commander
  • Force Commander
  • 93 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 11 January 2016 - 09:59 PM

Styx: January 11th, 3051

Another victory for the Free World's League. Styx, another world on House Marik's path towards its destiny, was taken by several companies formed by rag tag elements of the FWLM. The planet appeared to be poorly defended. What little battle there was, was decisive. Garrison forces appeared to surrender, rather than fight their counterparts, as they realized they'd been left behind by the Capellan Confederation.

After the heavy fighting on Ghan Singh, FWLM forces had expected another brutal exchange, however, the taking of Styx was the easiest the campaign had seen so far. There were few casualties, and a preliminary government had already been put into place. It remains to be seen, after recent ceasefire negotiations, if House Liao will respond over January 12th. There are some fears among FWLM command, that this planet was simply left undefended in order to overstretch Marik's already strained supply lines, and in order to buy time to form a much more formidable defence on the next world, or worse, another brutal counterattack, as what happened on Ghan Singh in the days prior.

So far, FWLM press core hasn't brought up the subject, and has given a blanket statement that Operation Flaming Sword is continuing to take its key and important objectives.

#39 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 12 January 2016 - 01:31 PM

View Poststormeagle, on 11 January 2016 - 09:59 PM, said:

Styx: January 11th, 3051

Another victory for the Free World's League. Styx, another world on House Marik's path towards its destiny, was taken by several companies formed by rag tag elements of the FWLM. The planet appeared to be poorly defended. What little battle there was, was decisive. Garrison forces appeared to surrender, rather than fight their counterparts, as they realized they'd been left behind by the Capellan Confederation.

After the heavy fighting on Ghan Singh, FWLM forces had expected another brutal exchange, however, the taking of Styx was the easiest the campaign had seen so far. There were few casualties, and a preliminary government had already been put into place. It remains to be seen, after recent ceasefire negotiations, if House Liao will respond over January 12th. There are some fears among FWLM command, that this planet was simply left undefended in order to overstretch Marik's already strained supply lines, and in order to buy time to form a much more formidable defence on the next world, or worse, another brutal counterattack, as what happened on Ghan Singh in the days prior.

So far, FWLM press core hasn't brought up the subject, and has given a blanket statement that Operation Flaming Sword is continuing to take its key and important objectives.

I'm actually reading these to keep up with things when I can't get into MWO :P
Excellent job Storm! (Keep bugging War about that promotion ;))

#40 BigRed40Tech

• PipPipPip
  • Force Commander
  • Force Commander
  • 93 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 12 January 2016 - 10:10 PM

Styx: January 12th, 3051

Having recently fallen without much fanfare, the Capellan Confederation made an effort to recapture the world from the Free World's League, starting an offensive earlier in the day.

The offensive however, was doomed from the start.

Several mercenary units contributed to the offensive as well, but quietly it was noted that the reason for Mercenary involvement, was likely due to the fact that over the recent conflict, the Capellan Confederation was no longer able to equip and send out enough fresh units to actively fight in these battlefields all at once.

The offensive, though capably lead, experienced a problem any seasoned strategist would know. It simply didn't have the manpower to meaningfully impact the conflict for the world. Though Liao forces were successful in two seperate occasions, despite heavy casualties, taking several regions of Styx, as losses mounted, it was no longer able to push any further assaults. Its final act would be to be victorious in an incredible rear action, attempting to hold the line long enough to prepare its own extraction. Though the attempt to retake Styx was attempted, at its core it experienced a problem now felt across the Capellan Confederations battlefields. It lacked the necessary forces to properly undertake operations.

For the FWLM military, it knew that several hardened units had been pressed into service for the offensive, potentially squandering their use elsewhere along the front. It contributed two regular battalions to defend Styx, one to fight, and the other to disrupt Liao garrisons before they could be properly established. Even with the help of units like 66MG, FWLM command knew their opponents could not be in both places at once. The fighting was intense in every engagement, and at several points it looked like the rag-tag group of Capellens would be encircled and destroyed, but FWLM units were unable to finish off the expedition forces of the Capellan Military.

As the ceasefire rolled in, remaining Liao forces, battered and worn, but with their dignity intact, withdrew from Styx, leaving it behind. The cost of the expedition had been more than simply failing to take the world, but also, a more significant loss. Considerable FWLM forces, and AFFS, made timed assaults on two separate Liao worlds during this doomed venture.

Shensi: January 12th, 3051

During the failed Capellan offensive, and during coordinated assaults by the AFFS, FWLM units hit Shensi hard during the next stages of Operation Flaming Sword. It would be an engagement of an ever emboldened FWLM, and an increasingly demoralized adversary. The Capellan Confederation, having lost key battles, particularly in regards to Ghan Singh and Pleoine, was now in a position of crisis, as the conflict pushed past its recently acquired worlds and spilled into more established space. Its military, though skilled and seasoned, was hit by recent losses across both Davion and Marik assaults. With casualties high from these warzones, and other losses in material, such as tanks and mechs, motivation behind Liao units continued to shrink during the engagements at Shensi.

Knowing their enemy's strength, the FWLM contributed a single seasoned regiment of Mechs to combat their Liao counterparts, outnumbering them almost 3 to 1. Had Liao not sent its veteran lances and mercenaries to Styx on a doomed show of resistance, it may be likely that Shensi wouldn't have fallen at all. However, that would simply be talking possibilities. Instead of defending one world with a solid, veteran force, the Capellan Confederation gambled, and split its forces across the Marik border.

Without the same manpower restrictions as their opponents, FWLM units made deep gains on Shensi, as outnumbered and outmaneuvered defenders stumbled from crisis to crisis. Even before the planet's government drafted its surrender during the ceasefire, military operations on Shensi had wrapped up. The majority of Liao warriors, desperate for victory, and recklessly lead, died in the ensuing battles. In several cases, the price was heavy for House Marik's primary assets, but their losses could easily be replaced, and ruthlessly pushed ahead for more ground. Within five hours of the offensive, few Liao forces, beyond basic garrisons, remained in place. The mechwarriors who defended their world lay dead inside their mechs, captured by Marik forces, or had been forced to withdraw from the world to avoid the further loss of assets.

The gamble for Styx could had resulted in several successes for House Liao. Had Marik not responded to the crisis, it was possible that despite being low on manpower or resources, these mecenaries and regulars, could have taken the world back from the FWLM, and again put a stall on the house's plans to cut deeper into Capellan space. Perhaps if it'd drawn more forces away from the front on Shensi, it could have seen the defenders their prosper, reducing Marik's numerical superiority. Instead, the division of Capellan Assets saw two military blunders wrap into one. The entire counteroffensive on Styx, and the defence of Shensi, were costly disasters, potentially further exposing a House who was lacking in military coordination, and one which was faltering under the weight of its enemies.

Surely, after so many reversals, Capellan soldiers and leaders alike, were truly beginning to see their military shortcomings, which had been easily concealed when they were able to pick their battles against the AFFS. Now, without the initiative, and surrounded by enemies, it was beginning to rapidly lose worlds, despite how much it thrashed, trying its best to rally and refit units for ever increasing numbers of Marik and Davion troops.

Yet more tragically for the Capellan Confederation, was the fact that during this crisis in the west, it faced another disaster in the east. The Capellan ETF, its Eastern Task Force, was unable to cohesively mass a defence, and was unable to gain traction on a counterattack, leading to the fall of Truth to House Davion's AFFS. Stripped on vital Mercenary units, which had been sent westward for its attempt to stem the flow of House Marik's advances, its losses mounted yet further, as Davion's assault moved forward, knowing that vital Capellan units were absent from their border.

In totality, despite setbacks, the FWLM, comprised of several units including RMA, the 13th Hussars, the Seraphim, the Black Widows, the 1st Free World's Guards, and MGA, saw their way to victory. The force was still learning to deal with Liao forces, and their tactics, but it had the confidence which could only be brought about by greater numbers, and an ever increasingly effective supply chain. Unlike their opponents, FWLM units were getting new equipment, food, and intelligence on a daily basis. With the further advantage of possessing a determined ally in the East, House Marik's military gains continue, and its troops confidently take and hold ground, and fight in brutal holding actions, knowing that every Liao unit they pin down, costs the Capellans twice as much land as they were intending to defend.

- Storm Eagle, 1st World's Guard.

Edited by stormeagle, 12 January 2016 - 10:17 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users