101 replies to this topic

#21 MoonUnitBeta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Posted 09 January 2016 - 11:19 PM

Sorry, but if people are wanting to game, but own potatoes, then go out and buy a computer that you can use to game with. Or, play a game that you know you can play, rather than expecting your chev cobalt to compete against a ferrari in a 1/4 mile.

It's not hard to save money if you can control your spending.
If you're so strapped for cash that you have difficulties deciding where to allocate it, then perhaps wasting time on video games is not exactly the best idea.
If you're stressed, solving your financial situation first could possibly prove to be a better stress reliever than ignoring it and escaping to video games.

Yes, PGI needs to optimize a few things, but that likely requires them to do a lot of their own coding that I don't think they're prepared to do.

Personally, I'm tired that people continually request devs to dilute their games just so they can play. Since PGI can't (or doesn't want to), then I'd like to encourage players to solve their hardware problems, so that PGI isn't afraid of upgrading to the next version of Cryengine because they'll lose DX9 support.

Upgrade your **** peeps.

#22 Moldur

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 11:58 PM

View PostNarcissistic Martyr, on 09 January 2016 - 10:41 AM, said:

PGI already stripped out the much prettier graphics from closed beta, IK, and a bunch of other stuff to allow mwo to work on potatoes.

So... how about people stop expecting high end titles to work on 10 year old machines and $400 laptops.

It was badly optimized then. It's badly optimized now. The biggest change is that it's unoptimized and it looks worse now.

#23 BabyCakes666

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 1,050 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 12:38 AM

we don't need to downgrade the game just make it run better at least let it run on mid rage crap-tops

my friends got one with a 750ti in it it should run it fine but it dose not because its a lap top

and PGIs SLI needs work it runs ok but the dips are annoying or is that just me ?

all in all the game needs work that is the point of this thread

the interface needs work playing with friends it is hard had to google how to do it that's not a good interface

the mech build screen should be like MW4 click and drag with colors and pitchers to make it easy to build them but ceep the slot system just change the lay out like a big green box only for missiles around the left torso part and mix them for multi hard points like green/purple .ect

and the friends list OMFG it should be "RITE CLICK on friend" make friend lobby.

then you play clan or quick play with the click of a button not make 2 different groups for one or other game mode and a crappy clan maker that gives you an ERROR instead of saying the name has been taken "this **** needs work yo"

and for game modes more maps be nice but i want the deathmatch arena from MW4 think it be great get 6v6 battles and 12v12 but it is an arena not a large map and you have all light/medium/heavy/assault/mixed battles have a crowd cheering some commentator guy saying stuff and themed arenas be cool

#24 DiabetesOverlord Wilford Brimley

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts
  • LocationBetween Type 1 and Type 2

Posted 10 January 2016 - 03:28 AM

If your friend thinks he should be able to play CryEngine games on a laptop he's not the brightest.

Laptops will never work for games because they throttle CPU/GPU to conserve battery and keep heat down.

#25 Satan n stuff

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,508 posts
  • LocationLooking right at you, lining up my shot.

Posted 10 January 2016 - 04:11 AM

View PostDiabetesOverlord Wilford Brimley, on 10 January 2016 - 03:28 AM, said:

If your friend thinks he should be able to play CryEngine games on a laptop he's not the brightest.

Laptops will never work for games because they throttle CPU/GPU to conserve battery and keep heat down.

You do realize you can edit your laptop's power management settings, right?

#26 DiabetesOverlord Wilford Brimley

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 04:40 AM

View PostSatan n stuff, on 10 January 2016 - 04:11 AM, said:

You do realize you can edit your laptop's power management settings, right?

You do realize it's still going to throttle due to heat right?

#27 BabyCakes666

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 1,050 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 05:37 AM

so much for discussing MWO ****** running :/

#28 Speggn

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 30 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 06:14 AM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 09 January 2016 - 02:10 PM, said:

Not saying you have to run out and buy anything I replied because it sounded like you where thinking it was your video card. I didn't want you to buy an highend video card and find out it didn't help you. I must have read your post wrong.

Side note depending on your socket I'm guess fm2 you might upgrade to an A10-7850K for 125$ USD.

Its an AM3+... so the best it can fit is the 8350 vishera 8core CPU... wich is, compared to an i5 or i7, very, very slow....

Im still very happy that this old rig can still run every game out there today.... not with very much detail, but they are all playable...
But since I live in germany and we are pretty poor over here... 400€ for a new MB and CPU is way too much... So my phenom2 will have to do the job for at least another 1-2 years... Maybe I can save up for a new CPU until then...

Edited by Speggn, 10 January 2016 - 06:15 AM.

#29 Notorious Meerkat

• PipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 72 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 06:45 AM

If anyone has *any* ideas how to prevent silly framerates on some maps (smoke, water) on Radeon 280x, I'd greatly appreciate it. It's just silly. :/

#30 DiabetesOverlord Wilford Brimley

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 06:51 AM

View PostMeerkat MkII, on 10 January 2016 - 06:45 AM, said:

If anyone has *any* ideas how to prevent silly framerates on some maps (smoke, water) on Radeon 280x, I'd greatly appreciate it. It's just silly. :/

Update the CryEngine that hasn't been updated since the dx 9 removal update?

Since this game is just a super mod that uses that REALLY OUT OF DATE ENGINE, but we had to keep DX9 thanks to potoato tops.

DX12 would help the game out tremendously since DX12 uses the CPU more effectively. Before you say but but Windows 10 (it's free to 98% of Windows users and it's been installed by a hell of a lot of people)

#31 Triordinant

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,495 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Side of the Moon

Posted 10 January 2016 - 06:57 AM

View PostNarcissistic Martyr, on 09 January 2016 - 10:41 AM, said:

So... how about people stop expecting high end titles to work on 10 year old machines and $400 laptops.

What if (gasp!) PGI's stats show that's what 51% or more of the MWO playerbase uses? Posted Image

#32 Mechteric

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 10 January 2016 - 07:00 AM

If you're running a crappy PC, I fail to see how it's PGI's fault. Sure, the game has room for improvement, but a PC that can't run recent AAA titles can't be expected to run this too.

#33 Speggn

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 30 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 07:13 AM

Its kind of funny... I observerd the same argument in the War Thunder Forums (well, there low quality means less obstacles and foilage to hide your tank behind, and its a clear advantage for low qaulity players, since their view is not obstructed in any ways, while max quality players have so much decoration in their way).

They also have to have their game accessable for extreme slow PCs. And an analysis shows that ober 30% need this Ultra low quality mode to make the game work at all...

And I cannot imagine that is is any different here. At least the details have ha smaller impact on the gameplay in MWO.
(Imagine everyone would have ECM, you have to detect every mech by yourself, but at least 30% of the players have no smoke, no trees, no nothing to obstruct their view, but everyone else has)

It is a F2P game. So even people who dont have any money at all to spare can play it. And they will do it. Its the only kind of game they can afford to play. And if you have to save 1 - 2 years to buy a (by western standards) extremeley slow PC for a few hundret bucks, then you wont have any money to spare for new games. F2P titles are the only games you may be able to play legally. Those people need to save a long time even for a normal game. So if they have like 5 bucks to spare, why dont invest them into the F2P title they are playing. Whealthier players might save for another game, or invest their money otherwise.

F2P game developers need these players. Its not the harcore spenders who spend hundres or thousands of dollars on the game. Its a broad playerbase wich spends a little each month. And that is why you cannot just raise the minimum specs needed for the game every time. You might loose those players.

People who can afford a good PC are usually on the "I spend all my money on this game" (very few) side, or "I play this beacuase its free, I will spend my money on something else.I will just buy myself a new Car or TV or something" (most of them).

Since english is not my first language and this is a very complex topic... I still hope you get my point.

Btw: I am very glad that the game still runs on my stone age CPU...

#34 SoukouKiheiVOTOMS

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 43 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 07:15 AM

View PostMoonUnitBeta, on 09 January 2016 - 11:19 PM, said:

Sorry, but if people are wanting to game, but own potatoes, then go out and buy a computer that you can use to game with. Or, play a game that you know you can play, rather than expecting your chev cobalt to compete against a ferrari in a 1/4 mile.

It's not hard to save money if you can control your spending.
If you're so strapped for cash that you have difficulties deciding where to allocate it, then perhaps wasting time on video games is not exactly the best idea.
If you're stressed, solving your financial situation first could possibly prove to be a better stress reliever than ignoring it and escaping to video games.

Yes, PGI needs to optimize a few things, but that likely requires them to do a lot of their own coding that I don't think they're prepared to do.

Personally, I'm tired that people continually request devs to dilute their games just so they can play. Since PGI can't (or doesn't want to), then I'd like to encourage players to solve their hardware problems, so that PGI isn't afraid of upgrading to the next version of Cryengine because they'll lose DX9 support.

Upgrade your **** peeps.

It's because not everyone is a hard-hard-core gamer and enjoys playing on their leisure time and would rather spend 800-1000 dollars on something like a vacation than a computer.
The issue is that people who own laptops, such as myself, don't do well on FPS and just general performance on only MWO. I can play any game I want on high or medium settings with 40+ FPS and no dips. This is including games released in 2015 despite me buying my laptop 2013 for school and not gaming.
There is no excuse for a poorly - optimized game, especially for this series where performance actually matter a lot in terms if immersion and actually properly tracking targets for ballistics and lasers, since 14-20 FPS is pathetic when on other games I can even get 80+.
So yeah, not everyone wants to pay 800 dollars to build a computer because they can't play ONE game very well on their current laptop or other potato.

#35 DiabetesOverlord Wilford Brimley

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 07:23 AM

View PostSoukouKiheiVOTOMS, on 10 January 2016 - 07:15 AM, said:

It's because not everyone is a hard-hard-core gamer and enjoys playing on their leisure time and would rather spend 800-1000 dollars on something like a vacation than a computer.
The issue is that people who own laptops, such as myself, don't do well on FPS and just general performance on only MWO. I can play any game I want on high or medium settings with 40+ FPS and no dips. This is including games released in 2015 despite me buying my laptop 2013 for school and not gaming.
There is no excuse for a poorly - optimized game, especially for this series where performance actually matter a lot in terms if immersion and actually properly tracking targets for ballistics and lasers, since 14-20 FPS is pathetic when on other games I can even get 80+.
So yeah, not everyone wants to pay 800 dollars to build a computer because they can't play ONE game very well on their current laptop or other potato.

You choose to spend your money on a vacation we choose to spend it on the game and our PC's that run it.

So you're the factor that doesn't matter and shouldn't be catered to.

#36 SoukouKiheiVOTOMS

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 43 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 07:44 AM

View PostDiabetesOverlord Wilford Brimley, on 10 January 2016 - 07:23 AM, said:

You choose to spend your money on a vacation we choose to spend it on the game and our PC's that run it.
So you're the factor that doesn't matter and shouldn't be catered to.

Um no, because I can guess that quite a number of people aren't using great computers and if the game is going to grow dye to the steam release, it had better run very well across a very broad spectrum of games. You will see that some of the best games in history have a few things in common, one being the fact that they run very well.
The point of the game is to cater to the wider audience because the company is in it for the money. Let's be real. If this game doesn't improve and actually goes down in FPS after updates as it has so far then this game will not be fun to newcomers who want to play casually.

#37 PFC Carsten

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 10 January 2016 - 08:10 AM

View PostBabyCakes666, on 09 January 2016 - 06:24 AM, said:

the game dose need more polishing im hoping there will be a patch soon

my GPU is at 60% cpu like 50-60% as well other people have said this as well from my google search

Sounds like a quadcore with low IPC/clock speed plus a video card that's newer/better than the CPU. Something like a Core 2 Quad Q6600 with a GTX 670/HD7950 perhaps.

#38 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts
  • LocationOn Reddit and Twitter

Posted 10 January 2016 - 08:14 AM

View PostSoukouKiheiVOTOMS, on 10 January 2016 - 07:44 AM, said:

Um no, because I can guess that quite a number of people aren't using great computers and if the game is going to grow dye to the steam release, it had better run very well across a very broad spectrum of games. You will see that some of the best games in history have a few things in common, one being the fact that they run very well.
The point of the game is to cater to the wider audience because the company is in it for the money. Let's be real. If this game doesn't improve and actually goes down in FPS after updates as it has so far then this game will not be fun to newcomers who want to play casually.

Ok have you spent money on the game? If not please quit talking already because you just proved my point that those "low end" users are typically leeches to F2P and pirate other games in claims of performance.

Edited by Imperius, 10 January 2016 - 08:22 AM.

#39 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 10 January 2016 - 08:14 AM

View PostDiabetesOverlord Wilford Brimley, on 10 January 2016 - 04:40 AM, said:

You do realize it's still going to throttle due to heat right?

Not all laptops are created equal:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Mystere, 10 January 2016 - 08:14 AM.

#40 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts
  • LocationOn Reddit and Twitter

Posted 10 January 2016 - 08:24 AM

View PostMystere, on 10 January 2016 - 08:14 AM, said:

Not all laptops are created equal:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Op and ops friends aren't running that $3-4000 dollar laptop the point of throttling due to heat still stands.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users