#41 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 10 January 2016 - 08:29 AM

View PostSpeggn, on 10 January 2016 - 06:14 AM, said:

Its an AM3+... so the best it can fit is the 8350 vishera 8core CPU... wich is, compared to an i5 or i7, very, very slow....

Im still very happy that this old rig can still run every game out there today.... not with very much detail, but they are all playable...
But since I live in germany and we are pretty poor over here... 400€ for a new MB and CPU is way too much... So my phenom2 will have to do the job for at least another 1-2 years... Maybe I can save up for a new CPU until then...

I wonder about that 8350(8,958benchmark). It benchmarks faster than my I5-3570(7,150benchmark). Im running max at 90fps.

Why are you thinking its worse than the iv? Is it because it has 8 cores? I could see mwo having an issue using all 8.

After you save up maybe think about the 8300(7,593benchmark) its running 120$ new over here used is less.

#42 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 10 January 2016 - 08:35 AM

View PostIhasa, on 09 January 2016 - 11:13 PM, said:

Yeah, those $400 laptop "specials" probably aren't doing anyone anygood, and now there are "netbooks" people stupidly try to game on and then complain. Every laptop I've ever had was very capable to do whatever at the time. This particular one has a GTX980 GPU, a Haswell i7 CPU, 24 gigs of ram and well, other stuff. And unfortunately I still get video stutter every now and then, that's not a dip in FPS, and only lasts half a second or so, so is hard to figure.

My best friend has been playing on my machine lately, trying the game out with his own account and some gift mechs I got him, and wants to play himself now at his place. He has a 15" ASUS something. I told him not to try to play on that, the game would probably melt it. So we are designing something more appropriate.

People who expect to play games online, need to expect to own a proper build of laptop or desktop. Developers need to make it more clear and obvious that "you need this minimum set up in order to launch this game", have some safety in place where it indeed won't launch, and also stop cow-towing to the lowest common denominators. I wish I knew what the % of player base has, or what the % of units sold, that potatoes occupy, but yeah, not likely.

this is the message I'd like to convey to PGI ---> stop cow-towing to the lowest common denominators.

I've got two systems that I run this on, one is a MSI GE60 Leopard, and runs it grate for a laptop at medium details, the other is my tower with a FX-8320 paired with a 4gb R9-270X, that one never has a graphics studder at 1080p, with everything cranked to the max.

#43 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 10 January 2016 - 08:36 AM

View PostImperius, on 10 January 2016 - 08:24 AM, said:

Op and ops friends aren't running that $3-4000 dollar laptop the point of throttling due to heat still stands.

Well, my post was a reaction to:

View PostDiabetesOverlord Wilford Brimley, on 10 January 2016 - 03:28 AM, said:

Laptops will never work for games because they throttle CPU/GPU to conserve battery and keep heat down.

And that thing on the back is liquid cooling. Posted Image

#44 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts
  • LocationOn Reddit and Twitter

Posted 10 January 2016 - 08:39 AM

View PostMystere, on 10 January 2016 - 08:36 AM, said:

Well, my post was a reaction to:

And that thing on the back is liquid cooling. Posted Image

It's the dumbest thing I've ever seen...

#45 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 10 January 2016 - 08:47 AM

View PostImperius, on 10 January 2016 - 08:39 AM, said:

If you think of it as a docking station, which it is, then it's not so stupid. The laptop by itself is no slouch and is lighter than an Alienware M18x by 4 pounds (7.9 vs. 12.1).

#46 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 10 January 2016 - 08:47 AM

View PostImperius, on 10 January 2016 - 08:39 AM, said:

You must've sat on sharp salt rock or something, you are so salty and butthurt over things / people that either you don't have or don't agree with you....

#47 Mycrus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFilipino @ Singapore

Posted 10 January 2016 - 08:55 AM

If only people stopped running potatoes...

#48 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 09:09 AM

View PostMetus regem, on 10 January 2016 - 08:47 AM, said:

You must've sat on sharp salt rock or something, you are so salty and butthurt over things / people that either you don't have or don't agree with you....

Well at the price that thing costs I'm sure op wouldn't be talking about hard times with money since vaction > computers and games

#49 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 09:14 AM

View PostMetus regem, on 10 January 2016 - 08:47 AM, said:

Huh? I said it was the dumbest thing I've seen, which is an opinion not an insult. Performance per dollar on that thing must be hideously bad!

Are you another fan?

#50 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 09:17 AM

View PostMystere, on 10 January 2016 - 08:47 AM, said:

If you think of it as a docking station, which it is, then it's not so stupid. The laptop by itself is no slouch and is lighter than an Alienware M18x by 4 pounds (7.9 vs. 12.1).

Price per dollar that thing has to be a losing investment.

#51 Peter2k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,032 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 January 2016 - 09:56 AM

just buy this for laptops (that run i7's hopefully)

Posted Image

it connects over thunderbolt 3/USB-C
at least you can keep it from model to model, if it has a port

View PostImperius, on 10 January 2016 - 09:17 AM, said:

Price per dollar that thing has to be a losing investment.

they always are

Edited by Peter2k, 10 January 2016 - 09:58 AM.

#52 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 10:11 AM

View PostPeter2k, on 10 January 2016 - 09:56 AM, said:

just buy this for laptops (that run i7's hopefully)

Posted Image

it connects over thunderbolt 3/USB-C
at least you can keep it from model to model, if it has a port

they always are

That looks sexy... Wait sees razer logo thought it was Nvidia GPU farm runs away and retracts comment :P

Also that still wouldn't really help the CPU heat throttle from MWO ;)

Edited by Imperius, 10 January 2016 - 10:12 AM.

#53 Johny Rocket

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 10:21 AM

Potatoes are for french fries.

This is not PGIs fault at all, they have brought the game down as far as they can, craptastic potatoes are not for high end gaming. Just stop.
If you are trying to run this on sub par gear stop crying that it needs fixed because you are literally demanding they drag the rest of to your level. Again just stop.

You can source the parts and build a decent rig for around $500-$600.

#54 Peter2k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,032 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 January 2016 - 10:32 AM

View PostImperius, on 10 January 2016 - 10:11 AM, said:

That looks sexy... Wait sees razer logo thought it was Nvidia GPU farm runs away and retracts comment Posted Image

Also that still wouldn't really help the CPU heat throttle from MWO Posted Image

while you're right on MWO
it wouldnt matter any more with DX12 support I'd wager

and you can keep that box, and replace any GPU that you want to put in

#55 Mech Jager

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 122 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 10:43 AM

View PostSpeggn, on 09 January 2016 - 08:08 AM, said:

My Phenom II X4 can only handle 30 - 35 fps. On min or max settings... to my GTX 760 its really a bottleneck... I cant wait for DX12... make it playable again...

Phenom is the problem. AMD has pushed hard on multi threading and price, but the game engines do not always play as well with AMD processors off the bat. I just went to the 4690k with 8g of ram and a 760 and my fps are always over 90. I took a step down as far as the perceived performance and spent a bit more for recognized brands, and my rig went together easily and all of my games outshine their past performance without tweaking (thank you intel and asus).

I have also stopped buying newest greatest or best buys. I want my equipment to play well with others. I will go ballistic if I ever find another small chip inside of a larger system from a different company that causes the whole system to be "special needs". Just because the maker of the part claims to deliver "X", that is only under their parameters. If you saved money on the part or it is the newest latest thing, real world testing has not occurred and there will be issues for many set ups.

Optimization is very hard because in the world of PCs there are too many variables. If a company adds a patch to help one type of user it may hurt another or create a hidden problem that may be stressed by a piece of software that was also patched. Every time something is optimized, it can create other hidden issues that are not able to be tested. Every company has to battle this, but smaller companies can only do so much because it is a loosing battle.

#56 SoukouKiheiVOTOMS

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 43 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 11:23 AM

View PostImperius, on 10 January 2016 - 08:14 AM, said:

Ok have you spent money on the game? If not please quit talking already because you just proved my point that those "low end" users are typically leeches to F2P and pirate other games in claims of performance.

Excuse me. Don't call anyone a leech. They are free to play. If you want to buy something that's fine, if you don't, that's fine too. No one is obligated to PAY FOR A FREE TO PLAY GAME. And for being an ***, I have put over $300 dollars, $200 from 2015 once the game started being more balanced and I played more often.
Do not be a conceited Forum warrior who speaks for a very small portion of the community. With your attitude, this company would sink to the depths of deepest oceans. Your personality has shown to be toxic.

#57 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 11:55 AM

View PostSoukouKiheiVOTOMS, on 10 January 2016 - 11:23 AM, said:

Excuse me. Don't call anyone a leech. They are free to play. If you want to buy something that's fine, if you don't, that's fine too. No one is obligated to PAY FOR A FREE TO PLAY GAME. And for being an ***, I have put over $300 dollars, $200 from 2015 once the game started being more balanced and I played more often.
Do not be a conceited Forum warrior who speaks for a very small portion of the community. With your attitude, this company would sink to the depths of deepest oceans. Your personality has shown to be toxic.

If you don't pay money you're a leech because someone is keeping the lights on and it's not you. Though you claim you've spent money I guess I'll take your word for it but whoever doesn't has no right to complain.

#58 SoukouKiheiVOTOMS

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 43 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 12:02 PM

View PostImperius, on 10 January 2016 - 11:55 AM, said:

If you don't pay money you're a leech because someone is keeping the lights on and it's not you. Though you claim you've spent money I guess I'll take your word for it but whoever doesn't has no right to complain.

You don't make any sense. F-R-E-E-T-O-P-L-A-Y. People have the right to critique something freely. It's like complaining why public schools in the urban areas of NY are **** and coming back saying "shut-up, you didn't pay for it." The model of free-to-play is appealing to a very wide audience and to entice everyone to buy things from the company because they enjoyed the game play as is and simply wish to enhance or have lulz in their experience. Look at the urban mech. Some people bought it because it was enjoyable and made their experience much more fun and thought it was worth giving money to the company for it. This is a free-market and people are free to put their money any where. If someone wants to not spend a penny on the game, it ain't a big deal. Look at warframe. Nearly everything is free including some cosmetics. They're doing much better than MWO and a lot has to do with people appreciating the game play and excllent optimization for such a beautiful game without having to upgrade their computers. If you don't do that, people will shift to other games that are similar but do it better.

#59 Novakaine

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,704 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 10 January 2016 - 03:23 PM

Lol my GT440 works just fine.

#60 Col Jaime Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,214 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 04:53 PM

I did not spent over a grand on my account , several hundred on gifts to my brothers accounts and several thousand on my PC to play watered down ugly *** console ported POS games.

I give exactly no shits for people that have a potato. If you don't have the money to build a decent PC (only $600-$800 can build you something that runs crysis 3 balls to the walls) then you need to look squarely only at yourself, your skill set (or lack thereof), ambitions and motivation.

straight up if you or your friends PC cant run the game well then save money and upgrade its as simple as that. I am not wealthy by any means (rather poor actually Posted Image in the great scheme of things) but i PRIORITIZE my spending, that means

A: keeping my upkeep as low as possible by making the most of things like food money (make your own sandwiches for crying out loud), gas, cell phone bills est. hunt around for good deals and vote with your dollars plain and simple.

B: Keeping my truck in good order with the several thousand dollars worth of tools i have built up over the years (saved me even more in the long run compared to going to mechanics to get charged hundreds of dollars for things as simple as an exhaust leak or even tune ups). plus my friends often pay me to fix their vehicles=profit.

C: Putting the money i make away in several different places and PLANNING before hand what money i will save and what i will spend

D: Exercising some ************* discipline, i have no credit debt and i live within my means. If i need or want something i don't have and cant afford i either just live with it or go and wheel and deal my way to acquiring it.

E: Always expanding my skill sets and my collections of tools. This allows me to find a job anywhere and even allows me to make money just fixing ****.

Its called taking some personal ******* agency and being responsible for yourself.

rant off

Edited by Mellifluer, 10 January 2016 - 04:59 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users