• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 298 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 14 January 2016 - 08:05 AM

View PostMovinTarget, on 14 January 2016 - 07:55 AM, said:

As always you missed the point.

There is a big different between "did no wrong b/c of game design" and "has no consequences"

See how well your NAP-recovery efforts failed? I am pretty sure had just been pugs and mercs, FWL would have been much more forgiving.

Buts that's not what you said, you said that "AS and TCAF did no wrong" and we didn't

#62 Zerex

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 298 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 14 January 2016 - 08:16 AM

And why did you say "as always you missed the point" I don't spend enough time on these forums for anyone to have me figured out and categorized.

#63 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 14 January 2016 - 08:18 AM

Fine if my assertion were tweaked to "having no consequences" instead of "did no wrong" would that suit you better?

Because it *did* have consequences and Liao will have to live with them...

Edited by MovinTarget, 14 January 2016 - 08:19 AM.

#64 Zerex

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 298 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 14 January 2016 - 09:11 AM

That is much better, as I was always told while growing up "if you can't say what you mean, you can never mean what you say"
I don't know if this was aimed as us as a unit or just at Liao, but I never tried to repair the damage done or try to get another NAP in place, I tried to be as honest and clear as I could on where we stood. Kicking over everyones sand castles trying to lure out the organised 12 mans to fight.

#65 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 14 January 2016 - 09:29 AM

It was more towards Liao Loyalists since, as has been stated and demonstrated ad nauseum, you can't control Mercs in CW as it stands.

Though I would not assert that they are truly Mercs if they are:

1) Not truly Hired by a recognized entity within the House

2) Not operating within the House's active theaters of war nor heeding their requests.

Edited by MovinTarget, 14 January 2016 - 09:36 AM.

#66 Zerex

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 298 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 14 January 2016 - 09:43 AM

When phase 3 arrives, loyalist will be the only ones to choose attack lanes, meaning Mercs can only attack where loyalists have chosen to attack, Mercs should be held to account for what they do, and PGI has seen fit to do this too, the MRBC will let people rate Merc units, the higher the rating the higher the mercs get paid.

But 1 thing i do want to see added for Phase 3 is, the loyalist that are choosing attack lane MUST have premium time active, just like those of us who host private lobbies. Premium time is cheap and i see no reason why someone not will to invest in the game and pay for its up keep should be making decisions in CW for a factions.

PREMIUM TIME = VOTE IN CW

#67 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 14 January 2016 - 10:12 AM

View PostZerex, on 14 January 2016 - 09:43 AM, said:

But 1 thing i do want to see added for Phase 3 is, the loyalist that are choosing attack lane MUST have premium time active, just like those of us who host private lobbies. Premium time is cheap and i see no reason why someone not will to invest in the game and pay for its up keep should be making decisions in CW for a factions.

PREMIUM TIME = VOTE IN CW

Like this a lot.

#68 Veev

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 251 posts
  • LocationWhere ever I am

Posted 14 January 2016 - 10:22 AM

View PostMovinTarget, on 14 January 2016 - 10:12 AM, said:

Like this a lot.

P2Play much?

Just require that they be a certain rank in the faction they want to vote in. That way it can be ground out and is not a bought right. But a whole lot easier to get if you have premium time. It also represents a lot of wins or a whole lot more in losses.

Edited by Veev, 14 January 2016 - 10:23 AM.

#69 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 14 January 2016 - 10:40 AM

View PostVeev, on 14 January 2016 - 10:22 AM, said:

P2Play much?

Just require that they be a certain rank in the faction they want to vote in. That way it can be ground out and is not a bought right. But a whole lot easier to get if you have premium time. It also represents a lot of wins or a whole lot more in losses.

Okay since I'm about to Ding level 15 I like this even better. HOWEVER, since CW was not part of the original game, *IF* they decided to do it via premium time I wouldn't fault them... You can still play all you want. So its not really P2P and it would prevent some loser with no life from making 50 alt accounts just so that he could try to manipulate the vote.

#70 Zerex

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 298 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 14 January 2016 - 11:02 AM

View PostVeev, on 14 January 2016 - 10:22 AM, said:

P2Play much?

It's not P2P at all, you can play 24/7 in CW without the premium time, you just don't have a vote in what the faction does or doesn't do, its more pay for a voice/vote. The game has to be paid for no matter, i don't want to see this game die, its a tiny price for those who chose to be part of the next step up from simply playing the battle on the battlefield.

i see nothing wrong the idea of getting a vote at like Rank 10+, but there is no income to the game, unless premium time affected loyalty points like it does XP, then i have no problem with this either.

#71 Zerex

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 298 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 14 January 2016 - 11:05 AM

As an after thought, Merc units would have no reason to buy premium time for CW, but the Merc units do have their own ranking system so it would make more sense to have premium time affect loyalty points as it would encourage Mercs to run premium time too

#72 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 14 January 2016 - 11:34 AM

I believe Premium time does affect loyalty points now...

#73 Crockdaddy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 14 January 2016 - 11:40 AM

View PostAylward, on 13 January 2016 - 04:42 PM, said:

Great job clubbing some senseless pugs (who probably started playing the game as recently as this morning), right out of the game most likely.. We'll see if you do as well against organized resistance.. If this is your idea of a threat..have to say it came off rather hollow. Totally unimpressed. Posted Image

Just sayin but if the choice was between great golden locks of hair vs purple fried chicken ... NS will likely support the good hair product guys. We haven't forgotten the douchey backstabbing from team Purple from CW beta 1.

#74 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 12:28 PM

View PostCrockdaddy, on 14 January 2016 - 11:40 AM, said:

Just sayin but if the choice was between great golden locks of hair vs purple fried chicken ... NS will likely support the good hair product guys. We haven't forgotten the douchey backstabbing from team Purple from CW beta 1.

We are consistent. Be that in being bad pugs or looking amazing or in keeping to our agreements.

#75 Ghogiel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 10:11 PM

I like this thread. ITx farmed. RIP RP nerds. Salty.

#76 GalmOne

• PipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 77 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 08:22 AM

View PostMovinTarget, on 14 January 2016 - 11:34 AM, said:

I believe Premium time does affect loyalty points now...

It does. but only for the result screen for victory i believe

#77 Zerex

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 298 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 15 January 2016 - 09:22 AM

Yea this ^^
i thought i posted it but i guess not, i meant the in game LP's so 1000 LP's would become 1500 LP's

#78 -Mean Machine Angel-

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 195 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 06:29 PM

Is it just me,or does it looked alittle....mspaint? The squares are not very uniform in shape (if you compare the victors to the vanquished)...I expect its me and my old eyes Posted Image

#79 BigRed40Tech

• PipPipPip
  • Force Commander
  • Force Commander
  • 93 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 15 January 2016 - 07:07 PM

I don't want to say I support the Davion offensive by ITX, but I do want to say that ITX stopped Zion from falling to the Capellan Confederation today.

Thank you.

#80 Ductus Hase

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationBerlin

Posted 16 January 2016 - 04:46 AM

View PostZerex, on 14 January 2016 - 11:02 AM, said:

It's not P2P at all, you can play 24/7 in CW without the premium time, you just don't have a vote in what the faction does or doesn't do, its more pay for a voice/vote. The game has to be paid for no matter, i don't want to see this game die, its a tiny price for those who chose to be part of the next step up from simply playing the battle on the battlefield.

i see nothing wrong the idea of getting a vote at like Rank 10+, but there is no income to the game, unless premium time affected loyalty points like it does XP, then i have no problem with this either.

Rank 10 is reached too easily - Rank 20. Only Generals should have a say.
Takes a while to get there - thus those who have no life might take an impact... but they would have to earn those "50 votes".

As an alternative everyone might have a say, with votes having different weight... but this might be abused using a lot of lowlevel ALTs.

Premium time affects LP earned.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users