- - - - -

Best Mech To Do Contest

46 replies to this topic

#1 MechWarrior5081902

• PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 12:02 PM

I cant seem to get any points with my Stormcrow, if I blitz I get the kill but not enough points, if I hit a lot of targets I get points but no "kill most damage done"

Help!!! I need 40 points, right now I have 0

#2 Bilbo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 14 January 2016 - 12:08 PM

Play the game as part of the team and the points will come. The point requires that you dealt the most damage to a mech that was killed. Just grazing them won't get you anything. Focus your fire on the same mech(s) the team is focusing on and move to the next target only after it is dead.

#3 Kurbeks

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 337 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 12:09 PM

If you are new player, try King Crab Trial version.

#4 Not A Real RAbbi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationDeath to Aladeen Cafe

Posted 14 January 2016 - 12:11 PM

I'm doin' alright with my SCR-B (UAC/20, 3x ERML). Not GREAT, but at least as many challenge points as matches played in it. Also got some out of a BJ-1X earlier.

Seems everyone's bringing out the heavies for this. Been a LOT of TBRs out there, and the queue has been at least 50% heavy (at one point, 62%) for the last couple hours.

Streak Crow might work. Not gonna get a lot of kills, but a lot of damage anyhow. Any decent brawler (lots of SRM/ASRM launchers). Dakka mechs.

Hell, I got one in a BJ-3 pop tart earlier (2x ML, 2x PPC) on Caustic Valley, which is NOT pop tart friendly.

Run what you do well in. The KMDDs will come.

#5 Nyte Kitsune

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 440 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSeattle, Wa USA

Posted 14 January 2016 - 12:15 PM

Yeah, try a Trial mech to do it, or a Missile boat. LRM Boats are good at maximizing damage. I suggest a BLR 1-S w/2 LRM 15, 2LRM 10 (Both with Artemis) and 3 Med Lasers plus Tag or 4 Mediums. and a crapload of ammo (Some will tell yu to drop the lasers and add ammo, but then if you run out of ammo you're a sitting duck, your call though.

#6 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,152 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 14 January 2016 - 12:24 PM

I'm going BJ-1X. For my style, highly reliable damage and thus most KMDDs.

#7 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 14 January 2016 - 12:56 PM

Took out my TBR-PRIME, and I'm out collection my points, already up to 8 between three games.

#8 MechWarrior5081902

• PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 01:00 PM

It finally updated my scores and its not counting my KMDD's I know I got one on my first match today and my score was 129, what is the best way to dispute this?

#9 Bilbo

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 14 January 2016 - 01:01 PM

View PostPrimal Vengeance, on 14 January 2016 - 01:00 PM, said:

It finally updated my scores and its not counting my KMDD's I know I got one on my first match today and my score was 129, what is the best way to dispute this?

email support@mwomercs.com

#10 Barkem Squirrel

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationEarth.

Posted 14 January 2016 - 01:04 PM

What would I recommend, LRM BOAT. Works every time, just keep firing at the same target.

#11 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 14 January 2016 - 01:08 PM

View PostPrimal Vengeance, on 14 January 2016 - 01:00 PM, said:

It can also take upwards of 15 minuets for the score to be posted to the challenge page.

#12 MechWarrior5081902

• PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 01:16 PM

I put in a support ticket but most games just ignore those, so I am screwed.

#13 Luminis

• The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 1,434 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 January 2016 - 01:56 PM

My most successful match so far has been with my TBR-CS. Might very well be a once in a lifetime occurrence, but my matches in it went real smooth today.

Posted Image

Short explanation as to why I think it works so well (I'm no master theory crafter): You can really pelt someone with the UAC/10. Dishes out huge sustained damage and the burst isn't half bad, either. It's not exactly pin-point but strips armour well enough to make way for the Medium Lasers to to wreck internals. The range of the UAC/10 syncs up well with the Medium Lasers, too, especially with a range module on the latter.

Edited by Luminis, 14 January 2016 - 02:11 PM.

#14 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 14 January 2016 - 01:58 PM

silly question but how long ago was that first game? if it was 4 hours before I posted this that would have been before the contest started

#15 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,152 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 14 January 2016 - 02:01 PM

View PostLuminis, on 14 January 2016 - 01:56 PM, said:

My most successful match so far has been with my TBR-CS. Might very well be a once in a lifetime occurrence, but my matches in it went real smooth today.

Posted Image

Great match! :) 1 team damage, though, kinda wrecks it. ;)

#16 Luminis

• The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 1,434 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 January 2016 - 02:07 PM

View PostTercieI, on 14 January 2016 - 02:01 PM, said:

Great match! Posted Image 1 team damage, though, kinda wrecks it. Posted Image

Thanks! And ya, I kinda missed the brake, I fear Posted Image Poor guy had a custom paint job, I think. Probably ruined that...

Posted Image

Edited by Luminis, 14 January 2016 - 02:08 PM.

#17 MechWarrior5081902

• PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 02:08 PM

View PostLuminis, on 14 January 2016 - 01:56 PM, said:

Posted Image

Yeah two problems with this:

1: you are probably a good player, I am not.

2. I don't own a Timby.

#18 Luminis

• The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 1,434 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 January 2016 - 02:32 PM

View PostPrimal Vengeance, on 14 January 2016 - 02:08 PM, said:

Yeah two problems with this:

1: you are probably a good player, I am not.

Thanks, but I'm probably not nearly as good as you might be inclined to believe - that screenshot is, well, flattering Posted Image Little bit of time to get a feel for where to position yourself and you've got most of the event covered, I assume.

View PostPrimal Vengeance, on 14 January 2016 - 02:08 PM, said:

2. I don't own a Timby.

You can do pretty well in a SCR, too. I'm cycling through the three crows I'm trying to level up at the moment. I'm mostly running them with Streak SRM6s at the moment because I'm too lazy to actually come up with a build (that works to a certain degree, getting one or two, maybe three KMDD's per match), but I suppose you could run a build that follows the same ideas that make the TBR build above work (for me).

Couple a high-DPS weapon like the ACs with enough pin-point laser damage and it might work. SCR-PRIME - it does trade a little bit of the laser damage in but it has better heat efficiency and it's faster than the TBR. Generally not as big a target to the enemy, either.

You could always run a smaller AC and another Medium Laser, something like this: SCR-PRIME.

Those builds aren't very "meta", but I do well with stuff like that. And it just suits the task at hand, so while they're not the best builds overall, they might be of use here Posted Image

Edited by Luminis, 14 January 2016 - 02:34 PM.

#19 Rhavin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 356 posts
  • LocationThe Dropship Texas, FRR

Posted 14 January 2016 - 06:56 PM

Actually running same build as Luminis, was lance mate to him a few games and just over extended in last match and he smoked me. I have 15 games on the night and am 24 points in. The build does require some face time. But all but crabs and dries run from it after a few seconds.

#20 Not A Real RAbbi

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationDeath to Aladeen Cafe

Posted 14 January 2016 - 08:53 PM

Dakka seems to be doing it pretty well, at least in middle-of-the-pack play. Took FOREVER to get that 25th KMDD tonight (and cost me some cuddling with Mrs. RAbbi, so SOMEONE owes me some 'little spoon' action), but I don't dakka much. Mostly on HEAVY mechs, but that end of the queue has been backed up 40-60% all afternoon and evening. Shame. The 2x UAC/10 EBJ-A is FUN!

An odd thing happens with UACs on mechs <70 tons, at least in my end of the pool. Mechwarrior A spots enemy mech, piloted by Mechwarrior B. A opens fire on B with UACs. B turns to face A and return fire. B winds up open CT, but does some damage back to A. A turns and falls back behind cover, while the jammed UACs un-jam themselves. Mechwarrior C, in his shiny new Cicada Champion mech, dives in and pours an alpha strike into what's left of B's mech, destroying it and granting A the KMDD. Rinse. Repeat.

Sadly, SCRs can only hump ONE ballistic. Thinking of re-outfitting the HBK-IIC(O) for dual UAC/10 Saturday to finish out 40 points.

Also, never underestimate the power of pulse lasers. Been getting my best results in a 2x LPL 3x SPL (or 4x ERSL) HBK-IIC-A. Funny, but 90-something km/h still feels SLOW when you're that squishy. Good to have the wubs, then.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users