Why have YOU chosen house Davion?

606 replies to this topic

#1 That Guy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 09:34 PM

Title says it all. Why have you chosen to fly the Fed Suns banner?

For me, I became a Davion waiting for the old InnerSphere 3028 project to materialize. At first the choice was rather shallow. The faction color was a forest green. But as I learned more about the faction I came to love an appreciate it.

I now choose Fed Suns because they are a (comparatively) fair, just and open society, still embracing the old world (current day) liberal ideals of personal freedom, rights, and democratic process. The Royal family did not have supreme power, and the people still had a voice. Better yet, while allowing freedom, the government was still strong enough to maintain unity and order and stability with strong and efficient military forces, unencumbered by the silliness of the DC honor codes, or the Incompetence of CC, or FWL.

It seemed like the place in the IS that I would most like to live.

granted, I have not maintained my BT lore over the years, so some refreshers are an order :P

#2 Drogo-MA

• PipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 44 posts
  • LocationHalifax, NS

Posted 06 December 2011 - 01:34 AM

That is pretty much why I enjoy playing House Davion. Strong leaders, great society and also a Military force that can hold it's own with anybody.

Now if only the AFFS would start adding the Wraith and the Venom to it's arsenal of Mech's and you have me very pleased and proud to fly the Davion banner. Until then, The Dervish, Nightsky and Hunchback are my favorites.

#3 PsihoKekec

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between Mozirje and Radlje

Posted 06 December 2011 - 03:19 AM

Combined arms forces in form of RCT, back when everyone was still doing the ''Mechs über alles'' theme.

#4 God of War

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts
  • LocationGermany/Stuttgart

Posted 06 December 2011 - 03:45 AM

Cause Victor is to coolest Moth.....er in the Battletech stroyline AND the dumbest, most naive Fool ever seen!

#5 Haeso

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 08:59 PM

Because compared to Hanse and later Victor almost everyone else in the time period is a bunch of scumbags. Bit too much evil going on everywhere else for my tastes.

Edited by Haeso, 06 December 2011 - 08:59 PM.

#6 SensualBubblegumX

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 04:59 AM

Because.... It's AMERICA IN SPACE! AMERICA F*CK YEAH! Lulz, naw just joking about the stereotype. I just feel The Federated Suns are total bad *****. I love the 1st Armored Cavalry paint scheme too, it's classy.

Edited by SexualBubblegumX, 07 December 2011 - 05:01 AM.

#7 Pht

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 07:28 PM

Can't stand the way the other houses interact with their citizens, by and large.

There is no "america in space" anymore (that would be the terran hegemony), but I can stand to be fwench and bwitish, if I have to :)

Besides, it's fun to kick capellans around!

#8 TigerHistalmos

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 3 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 07 December 2011 - 07:34 PM

House Davion is the only Inner Sphere faction that actually doesn't seem completely corrupt or whacko. If you look at all the other houses, they have some sort of major deceit, corruption, or complete splintering from within.

If anyone has read the book series, it shows the Davion side in a better light than most factions.

#9 Mystwolf

• PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 07:39 PM

1) First TT/RPG version I Played a character in the Federated sons.

2) I read Warrior Trilogy and Loved the Story and the Way Hanse ran things. An awesome strategist and leader. It takes Guts to start a war at your wedding =)

3) Reading other BT books and playing RPG and the other Video games Federated Sons became my Primary House with Lyrans and DC a distant 2nd and 3rd.

Edited by Mystwolf, 07 December 2011 - 07:41 PM.

#10 Captain Hat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 109 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 06:31 AM

I've been into House Davion from the moment I read up on the background- particularly the fact that it was Victor who orchestrated the whole "Inner Sphere Beats The Crap Out Of The Clans" thing. The Clans always irritated me with their elitism and their stupid warrior codes, and it was good to see someone taking the fight to them. Then I read up a bit more on the background, and everyone else just looks like a bit of a *** next to the Federated Suns.

I presently have two lances and a demi-lance of 3065 Federated Suns 'mechs for the tabletop. Well, OK, so one of 'em was nicked off the Dracs (Sunder :), but they're a FedSuns unit- and playing with loyalties anywhere else just doesn't feel right to me.

#11 Cr0wb4r

• PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 12:09 PM

View PostPht, on 07 December 2011 - 07:28 PM, said:

Can't stand the way the other houses interact with their citizens, by and large.

This was a large part of it. Also it seems that there is a lot less backstabbing then in other houses. Oh and the fact that the leaders actually take responsibility for their actions *cough* katrina steiner *cough*

#12 Jack Gallows

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 03:18 PM

I've always played Davion, so have most of my friends since we all started playing Btech since 1990. I had started reading/getting the material since like...87? but didn't have the friend interest until then. Never looked back, though have considered other Houses...but they just can't compare to Davion.

#13 Pappy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 165 posts
  • LocationDover,PA

Posted 09 December 2011 - 03:36 PM

just always liked the history and organization of the federated suns the most. also like there units.

#14 Thunder Belly

Rookie

• 7 posts
  • LocationNear St. Louis

Posted 09 December 2011 - 03:47 PM

At first it was because I liked the Suns Logo the most, but then when I read the Warrior Trilogy, it was sealed. When Prince Ian Davion stepped his Atlas out in front of the Dracs 2nd Sword of Light on Mallory's World to protect his men and ultimately gave his life fighting Yorinaga Kurita, I thought "Now there is a guy worth fighting for." Not to mention Hanse wading his BattleMaster single handedly through the "Death Commando" strike force on the NAIS campus. There probably never was a Liao in history that even had close to that much guts.

#15 Oppi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • LocationCologne, Germany

Posted 09 December 2011 - 04:11 PM

I started reading BT novels when I was a kid (about 12 y.o.), and no matter how you look at it, the Davies are the good guys, so I got stuck with them :ph34r:

Edited by Oppi, 09 December 2011 - 04:13 PM.

#16 Kresten Youngblood

• PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 04:13 PM

Well once my sister kicked me out of the Lyran Half of my realm i needed someplace to settle where i could bring Omi after a night out. With Melissa being the blond wacko i just felt that the Davion side would let me continue to build my mechs and let me play at being a leader.

#17 Jack Gallows

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 10:44 AM

View PostKresten Youngblood, on 09 December 2011 - 04:13 PM, said:

Well once my sister kicked me out of the Lyran Half of my realm i needed someplace to settle where i could bring Omi after a night out. With Melissa being the blond wacko i just felt that the Davion side would let me continue to build my mechs and let me play at being a leader.

Wait...what?

Melissa is Victor and Katherine's mother. Melissa was wonderful and beloved by everyone, even most of her enemies. It's Kathrine you need to level your venom at, she's the snake in the grass that hires the assassin that kills Melissa, Morgan Kells wife, maims Morgan and later kills Omi.

Man, how twisted do you have to be to fall that low in a House so noble? Not hugged enough by mom and pop?

#18 Haeso

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 12:09 PM

Kathrine makes the dracos look nice guys.

#19 Ashrok

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 137 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 11 December 2011 - 04:50 AM

Always loved them since I was a kid (they had Clan tech in MechCommander 2. Blood Asp!) But as I learned a bit more about the BT lore, I loved them cause of their 'old world' ways of honor and loyalty.

#20 Hayden

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 05:36 AM

View PostHaeso, on 06 December 2011 - 08:59 PM, said:

Because compared to Hanse and later Victor almost everyone else in the time period is a bunch of scumbags. Bit too much evil going on everywhere else for my tastes.

Because giving the capellan confederation to your wife as a wedding present isn't evil at all :P

But I have to admit, I do admire Hans' cunning and thoughtfulness.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users