Let Us Sell Consumables

13 replies to this topic

Poll: Sell Consumables? (62 member(s) have cast votes)

Sell Consumables!

1. Yes! (55 votes [88.71%])

Percentage of vote: 88.71%

2. NO! (1 votes [1.61%])

Percentage of vote: 1.61%

3. Umm... (6 votes [9.68%])

Percentage of vote: 9.68%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Kaeb Odellas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,934 posts
  • LocationKill the meat, save the metal

Posted 15 January 2016 - 03:01 PM

Seriously, I have 93 Cool Shot 6es that I will never, EVER use.

#2 Fox With A Shotgun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 04:56 PM

Well, given the resale value of many things, I'd say that those 93 cool shots are worth next to nothing - they're only worth 10k to purchase.

Might as well spam them in pug queue.

#3 Kaeb Odellas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,934 posts
  • LocationKill the meat, save the metal

Posted 17 January 2016 - 12:14 AM

Resale is half the purchase price, so those cool shots would sell for 465k. Not about to turn that down.

#4 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 08:34 PM

Just buy the 20% coolshot bonus skill and then they're coolshot 7.2s

#5 Christopher Hamilton

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 159 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII, Steiner Sector

Posted 24 February 2016 - 02:16 AM

i have a c-load full of MC consumeables. i want c-bills for that, never going to use them anyway (too impractical - you run out and auto-reload: you loose MC. you dont auto-reload - you have no option to have them downgraded and sit there with nothing at all.)

i do have e.g. a lot of airstrikes left over - i use arty (there are rules which Lance uses which strike in our unit for coordination)

#6 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 06:55 AM

Ohhh.... so the rest of us can manage to keep track of our consumables stockpile between games but you cannot so they need to be sellable... but wait...they're MC consumables... so what? You expect to sell them for MC ?! Fat chance of that since you cannot sell anythin else with MC only values. I have a growing collection of dancing cockpit items I never use but I'm not going to demand to be able to sell them.

#7 rolly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 995 posts
  • LocationDown the street from the MWO server

Posted 24 February 2016 - 03:56 PM

While we are at it, can we sell the cockpit crap too?

#8 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 3,240 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 23 March 2016 - 02:26 AM

That's another topic, rolly.

#9 Insanity09

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • 551 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 09:30 PM

I actually want to be able to sell MC consumables or convert them to regular ones (preferred). Especially since the new MC based ones are not at all better than the regular ones.

I hate using them because I don't want to accidentally drain my MC by setting an MC-consumable to auto-fill, and I can never remember to refill manually.

Even if I could only sell them for 1 cbill each I would still do it, that's how much I dislike them (and is why I automatically sell any supply cache with a chance of MC consumables).

#10 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,954 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 31 October 2017 - 09:50 PM

We need this feature particularly for MC consumables. I'll never use an MC consumable, because I turn auto-replace on, which is great if I'm spending 40k on a UAV or strike asset. It's NOT great if I'm using an MC consumable that I got as a prize for doing events - because if I don't notice that I've run out of those consumables, the game will start buying the silly things out of my existing MechWarrior Credits. It's too much hassle to manually re-equip them every match, so I have a small hoard of MC consumables which serve only to be an annoyance.

#11 jonomy

• PipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 79 posts

Posted 05 November 2017 - 06:28 AM

selling consumables and everything else might make the game a bit more interesting if we have a free market trading center. rather than sell to the company for half price, why not operate a marketplace where trade or sale directly between mwo players can happen. consumables, cockpit stuff, equipment or other tech (I get a lot of stuff I cant use in supply caches) and maybe even mechs.

maybe charge a fee for entrance to the market, but once there, minimal tax or fee to the company and let the market find it's own way

#12 Vidarion

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 102 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 10:45 AM

No player-player trading please. That just makes a market for account stealing. Right now, the 'worst' you can do is sell all the C-Bill mechs and weapons that someone has if you hack their account (or you can fill their MWO account with real-dollar purchases). If you allow player-player "trading", now all of a sudden there's a market for hacking someone's account and moving the items to a separate account, in effect allowing the hacker to steal real money from them.

No thanks. Not ever.

However, I'm all for selling back unwanted consumables or cockpit items to the store. For MC items, I'd be fine with as little as 10% back for those items.

As for the auto-repurchase on MC consumables, it made sense when there was a difference between MC consumables and C-bill consumables. But there's not difference now. The repurchase should ALWAYS use cbills to auto-purchase consumables. Period.

Edited by Vidarion, 10 November 2017 - 10:48 AM.

#13 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,954 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 11 November 2017 - 09:28 AM

I don't even care if they give me MC back for consumables - I just want them to be not-useless.

Making the game auto-replace with c-bills would do that nicely.

#14 ice trey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts
  • LocationFukushima, Japan

Posted 15 November 2017 - 08:08 AM

I am never going to use cool shots. At least let me trade them in for other consumables. Arty Strikes and Airstrikes please.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users