When Did The Archer Early Adopter Awards End? Curious When And Why A Full 1/3 Of The Purchase Value Was Removed..

57 replies to this topic

#1 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 15 January 2016 - 03:48 PM

When did the early adopter awards end for the Archer? I was about to buy a pack + Hero, but noticed it's over and you no longer get the C-bills and modules...

$35 goes a long ways in games nowadays, and was worth it only with the adoptor awards. 6.5 million C-Bills and 4 modules. They equal 2-3 heavy Mechs in C-Bills, which is roughly 1/3 the entire package value.

The Mechs, alone, are not worth the price.

So, was removing the adoptor awards supposed to somehow encourage sales? They lopped a full third of the package off, rendering it no longer desirable.

Edited by Prosperity Park, 16 January 2016 - 02:47 PM.

#2 wanderer

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 15 January 2016 - 03:51 PM

Over two weeks ago, on Dec. 31st.

#3 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 03:58 PM

Ah crap.

Looks like I just saved $35. Oh well. If this game had better pricing, I would spend more on it.

Should I tweet Russ and ask him to extend the sale so I will buy his product ? :-)
Hehehe...

Too bad. I won't pay out the nose unless is comes with enough snot.

#4 DAYLEET

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 15 January 2016 - 04:07 PM

View PostProsperity Park, on 15 January 2016 - 03:58 PM, said:

Ah crap.

Looks like I just saved $35. Oh well. If this game had better pricing, I would spend more on it.

Should I tweet Russ and ask him to extend the sale so I will buy his product ? :-)
Hehehe...

Too bad. I won't pay out the nose unless is comes with enough snot.

Im the opposite, i don't care for the useless trinkets. Youll get my money when it's out not before. cockpit item and cbills values to lure me into buying something i have no idea how it looks or if it isnt completly broken? No thanks.

#5 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 04:10 PM

View PostDAYLEET, on 15 January 2016 - 04:07 PM, said:

Im the opposite, i don't care for the useless trinkets. Youll get my money when it's out not before. cockpit item and cbills values to lure me into buying something i have no idea how it looks or if it isnt completly broken? No thanks.

Well, it's not released yet. I am still adopting it early. I will gladly schuck out the cash because those trinkets are about as valuable as 2 heavy Mechs.

Come on, PGI. Take my money. Don't steal it, but you can take it.

#6 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 15 January 2016 - 04:27 PM

Just wait for the next mech. There will always be more :)

#7 Ted Wayz

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,913 posts
  • LocationTea with Romano

Posted 15 January 2016 - 04:33 PM

Stop being so logical. Of course paying the cost of Fallout 4 for a mech pack several times a year is more rewarding and provides more value with or without the extras. (oh, except you are only paying for early access of a product everyone can get for free later.)

#8 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 15 January 2016 - 04:34 PM

What's really screwed up is when they give a 4th mech with the best hardpoints only at preorder.

#9 Skoll

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 994 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 01:40 AM

They need to either stop early adopter rewards or make the "rewards" universal with each mech pack purchase regardless of purchase date.

#10 AlexEss

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2,491 posts
  • Locationthe ol north

Posted 16 January 2016 - 02:49 AM

Well it is a pre-order incentive. So it has to end at some point, and no matter when it ends you will have people who are "just about" to buy it.

Same with sales and events....

So you simply have to suck it up buttercup. =P

But fear not.. there will be others. =)

#11 Skoll

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 994 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 03:50 AM

"Preorder incentive".

The people who want to buy the pack before it comes out are going to do it regardless. A "Early Adopters" thing is just a **** you to everyone else.

As for sucking it up buttercup, I bet you and your group hear that quite a lot.

#12 Funky Bacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 07:30 AM

Early adopter awards should last until the day the mech is officially released, after that I don't mind if they take it away. All this special pre-order BS needs to go away from gaming, period. Giving bonuses to people who blindly buy a product that doesn't even exist yet other than in concept is kinda dumb tbh.

I am as an example very tempted to buy the Rifleman, but I don't wanna put any money down until I see some actual screenshots of it, which by then any "early adopter" bonus is loooong gone even if the mech isn't yet released.

#13 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 16 January 2016 - 09:44 AM

View PostFunky Bacon, on 16 January 2016 - 07:30 AM, said:

Early adopter awards should last until the day the mech is officially released, after that I don't mind if they take it away. All this special pre-order BS needs to go away from gaming, period. Giving bonuses to people who blindly buy a product that doesn't even exist yet other than in concept is kinda dumb tbh.

I am as an example very tempted to buy the Rifleman, but I don't wanna put any money down until I see some actual screenshots of it, which by then any "early adopter" bonus is loooong gone even if the mech isn't yet released.

not exactly sure how that qualifies as "early adopter"

View PostSkoll, on 16 January 2016 - 01:40 AM, said:

They need to either stop early adopter rewards or make the "rewards" universal with each mech pack purchase regardless of purchase date.

nope

View PostMonkey Lover, on 15 January 2016 - 04:34 PM, said:

What's really screwed up is when they give a 4th mech with the best hardpoints only at preorder.

It is released when the mech is available for general MC/Cbills also.

View PostProsperity Park, on 15 January 2016 - 04:10 PM, said:

Well, it's not released yet. I am still adopting it early. I will gladly schuck out the cash because those trinkets are about as valuable as 2 heavy Mechs.

Come on, PGI. Take my money. Don't steal it, but you can take it.

Or pay better attention to the announcements? Posted Image

#14 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 16 January 2016 - 10:51 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 16 January 2016 - 09:44 AM, said:

It is released when the mech is available for general MC/Cbills also.

]

Well after doing it for the cheater and the shadowcat I don't think I will ever preorder if it doesn't come with the 4th mech. I remember feeling little bit handicapped until they hit cbills. Felt like I was missing out on 50% of the builds I pay $$ for.Funny part it was still preorder by like a month ha-ha.

I'm not saying its p2win or anything but I'm not paying cash for a mech late sale anymore.

Edited by Monkey Lover, 16 January 2016 - 10:56 AM.

#15 MechaBattler

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 11:00 AM

It'd be nice if the rewards scaled down as it got closer to release. Perhaps not right up to release, but at least within two weeks.

But at the same time. The whole point is for the rewards to encourage pre-orders.

#16 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 11:42 AM

Yeah, the Archer is still a ways out, and I spent my MWO budget on premium time in december. I now have a fresh allocation of cash, but the Archer packs now only contain 66% of the original content. That's a deal-breaker.

Make the package worth the money, and I will buy it. Put the awards back in, and it will be closer to being worth the money. Removing a full third of the package's value is a slap in the face for people who want to preorder now, like me.

As far as I see it, removing 1/3 of the pack means they don't need the funding. They said that Mech packs are the primary source of income, but I can't believe that with this scheme.

Edited by Prosperity Park, 16 January 2016 - 11:42 AM.

#17 LegendaryArticuno

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 664 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 11:56 AM

I'm happy I preordered it. Hopefully the Archer isn't painfully slow though.

#18 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 16 January 2016 - 12:02 PM

View PostLegendaryArticuno, on 16 January 2016 - 11:56 AM, said:

I'm happy I preordered it. Hopefully the Archer isn't painfully slow though.

Ya the speed will be a issue in the pug Q. In the group Q/cw you should be good.

#19 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 02:46 PM

It'll be fine in the public Queue. I want it for mostly pugging anyways.

The problem is that i spent $50 already in December on a year's premium time. I was not going to spend $50 and another $35 on top of that in one go around. It's January now, so I am willing to buy more stuff.

The fact that the reduced the Archer packs by a full third of their value irks me. Early adoptor awards are needed for the packs to be worth their cost, otherwise they should just remove the preorder packs from the store after the early adoptor awards are canceled.

Put the awards back in, and I will spend more money on the game. I am not asking to reduce prices. Just provide an appropriate amount of content for the current price.

Edited by Prosperity Park, 16 January 2016 - 02:46 PM.

#20 CycKath

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,578 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSE QLD, Australia

Posted 16 January 2016 - 03:22 PM

View PostMechaBattler, on 16 January 2016 - 11:00 AM, said:

It'd be nice if the rewards scaled down as it got closer to release. Perhaps not right up to release, but at least within two weeks.

They did once, but it apparently didn't drive sales as much as PGI would like which is why they introduced early adopter rewards like fourth variants and the like.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users