--->no running for lights at end.
--->win ws legged enemy.

#2 DoctorDetroit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 483 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 04:16 PM

Put back some short range turrets to protect the bases. Like we have been suggesting for 8 months.

#3 MechWarrior4023212

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 367 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Posted 18 January 2016 - 01:49 AM

I think you should not be able to cap until 50% of that team is dead.

#4 Hawk_eye

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 325 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 January 2016 - 08:21 AM

Several things I´d like to see:

1. Cap-points are held by the mechs capping. Damage to those mechs reduce the cap-points held (so if your Timber Wolf holds 30 Cap-points, but is hit by, say, 2 LLs, he loses (just to throw out a number) 9 points (Damage / 2) or something
Oh, and any mech leaving the cap-zone loses all points he carries, of course.
This would allow a defending team to re-set the cap.

2. While Cap-points are distributed between all mechs inside the base, only the first 3 or 4 speed up the counter (say, 1 point per 5 seconds for a single mech, 2 points per 5 seconds for 2 mechs and 3 points per 5 seconds for 3 mechs and that´s it. Even if an entire team of 12 mechs sits in the base, you won´t get more than 3 points per 5 seconds (adjust the needed points for completely capping as needed)
This would (at least a bit) prevent speed capping.

3. Make the cap-area _much_ larger. It doesn´t make the slightest bit of sense, that you "capture" a base, when all you control is the immediate area around it, while the enemy controls 99% of the battlefield.
So you "won" because 2 or 3 light mechs stood in the enemy´s base for a minute, while the enemy team slaughtered your other team members?
Well, in a real-life situation (yes, I know, I know) all that would be happening is, that the enemy team would come down on you like the hammer of god in another minute or two.

Note: If the mission goal would be "Destroy the enemy base", now that would be something else again.
Make destroying the base taking some real effort (like, a _ton_ of HP), put a bunch of defensive systems around it (like turrets or something) and call the mission not Assault, but "Raid" (the base could be a supply depot, for example) and all would make sense.
You could even have just _one_ base on the map and an attacker and a defender.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users