• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 99 posts
  • LocationSheffield

Posted 19 January 2016 - 01:58 PM

Hey Mechwarriors.

I could do with a little help

Ive got a Steelseries WOW Cata Mouse. (bought it because i wanted the extra buttons and it looked cool) haha

I've got a problem that ive had for well since closed beta with it.
It works great but i dont know much about macros.

I'm trying to use one of the side buttons to fire my group 3 weps. (Which are my machine Guns), which is set to key button 3.
Now when I assign this side button with a custom macro to button 3. When I'm in game and I press and hold this side button. All it does is shoot one round of Machine gun ammo off.

Any one know a macro that I can use that will when I hold this side button it will carry on shooting my machine guns?

Thanks for any help.

#2 Pineapple Salad

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 142 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 20 January 2016 - 01:37 AM

I have no idea how steelseries macro programming works, but logitech and razer at least have options for several types of button presses in their programming software. You need to bind the button for a command that activates while the button is pressed down. Other bind options may include a toggle, so the button is active until pressed again, or single press, which is most likely the option you have chosen.

Edited by Pineapple Salad, 20 January 2016 - 01:37 AM.

#3 Lord Baldric

• PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • LocationSlightly to the left of sanity

Posted 20 January 2016 - 02:21 AM

You should be able to assign a keyboard button directly. When you select the button you want to program there should be several options from a drop down:

Keyboard buttons
Macros
Media Buttons
Mouse buttons and so on.

You can select keyboard button. Then alpha/numeric and find the key you want from there. After which you can set a few options in the next drop down. What you want is repeat while pressed. You should also have this option for the macro though you need to make sure you have at least some sort of delay between key press and release in the macro (15ms should do it though you can experiment with shorter delays if you like) otherwise it tends to act oddly since its attempting to press and release simultaneously.

Using the keyboard button option removes the need for basically any of the tweaking a macro needs and is faster to set up. You really only need it to be a macro if you are attempting to chain multiple key presses.

Edited by Lord Baldric, 20 January 2016 - 02:22 AM.

#4 Spungie

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 31 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 05:31 AM

'X-mouse button control' is a good free program for that kind of thing if your mouses manufacturer doesn't provide it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users