• PipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 93 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 20 January 2016 - 05:45 PM

The Mercstar Invitational (MSI) Charity Series

Greetings Mechwarriors!

We are pleased to announce the first round of the MercStar Charity Series. This series will feature a multitude of different events, generally focused around Mechwarrior Online. The goal is to help bring awareness to our community on how Multiple Sclerosis effects many of us and our loved ones, as well as to raise funds to help find a cure.

There will be multiple events, streamers, shoutcasts, a host of prizes to be won, and most of all, some explosive stompy robot action!

We hope everyone will come out to support the cause in one way or another, be it playing, watching, or donating. So check out the links and descriptions below for more information on what we have in store for the MWO community.

The event will be held on the MercStar TS Hub @ ts.mercstaralliance.com

The Main Events

The Invitational returns for its third year to pit hand selected twelve man teams against each other in a competitive round robin league. Culminating in a single elimination tournament of the top teams. Encouraging everyone to participate either as competitors or simply as spectators helping raise awareness in the fight against Multiple Sclerosis with streams, giveaways, and shout casting.

Teams

SJR / EMP / 228th Blackwatch / Antares Isen Marines / BTD / Kcom

S RS / -MS- / NS / QQ / DW / -42-FFI

Rules: https://docs.google....HAaHV7Aib0/edit

Launch Date: February 1

1v1 Tournament - The Brawlapalooza

Things are going to die. Hard. Fast. and most likely with explosions everywhere!

Come join us in some 1v1 brawly action in all 4 weight classes, with prizes for more than just the winners. Things are going to get messy, so check it out, either as a participant or on the live feed of the event.

Rules: (Link incoming)

Launch Date: February 12-13

Blood Bowl 2 Tournament

With an ever growing community of Blood Bowlers out there, it’s time to get together and make an event out of it. This tournament will consist of 3-4 rounds followed by a finals match up. 1200TV Max for start teams. Live streams and prizes as well.

Rules and Launch Date: TBD

The goal of this event is to help raise awareness, and money for The National Multiple Sclerosis Society . We will be asking for suggested donations from participants for each of the events, but it is important to note these are NOT mandatory. You can always show your support in other, non-financial ways, such as promoting the event and getting the word out. We are also hoping viewers of the streams and everyone else will pitch in towards our fundraising goals.

Many people and groups have helped support this event with prize support. If you have anything cool you would like to donate as a prize, please contact the event coordinators.

We hope the community will come together to open up their hearts for this great cause, and join us in the fight against this debilitating disease, in a number of different arenas throughout the event.

Charity Donation Link (National Multiple Sclerosis Society):

http://main.nationalmssociety.org/site/TR/DoItYourselfFundraising/WASDIYEvents?team_id=465396&pg=team&fr_id=27778

Prize support: We are proud to announce that a number of different groups have offered up prize support.

Firstly, our friends over at Harebrained Schemes have generously offered some HBS original artwork signed by the creator of Battletech, Jordan Weisman

We’d also like to thank the -MS- members who have donated prizes and time to make this event possible.

If you have any questions, feedback, or would like to donate prizes or your support, please contact the event coordinators Antonious Rex, Undonejin, or Saace at.

Email:

MSInvitational@gmail.com

Team Speak:

TS.Mercstaralliance.com

Event Coordinators:

Antonius Rex, Saace, and UndoneJin

Additional Stuff:

Shoutcasters: We are looking for some new and experienced shoutcasters for both the 12v12 Invitational and the 1v1 Brawlapalooza.

Referees: We are looking for some people to take on the role of referee for both the 12v12 Invitational and the 1v1 Brawlapalooza.

Streamers: We are looking for some extra streamers who would like to help us out in broadcasting these events.

Hit up Antonius Rex if you are interested in helping us out with any of these roles.

Suggested Donations: We are hoping teams and players will be willing to help raise funds for the charity. With that in mind, we are setting a suggested donation of 25$ for the 12v12 Invitational Tourney per team, and 5$ per player in the 1v1 Brawlapalooza and Blood Bowl Tournaments.

Please keep in mind these are NOT mandatory, only a suggestion to help out with the cause.

Edited by Antonius Rex, 20 January 2016 - 08:44 PM.

#2 Saace

• PipPip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 35 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 06:06 PM

Come out and support a great cause, as well as watching some top notch competitive MWO.

#3 Zuul the Burninator

• PipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 33 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 06:13 PM

Ladies and Gentlemen of -MS- you are all true class acts, and I will happily donate for such a great cause! Keep up the good work both in game, as well as with events like these, best wishes to all of you!

#4 Krovik

• Pip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 10 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 20 January 2016 - 06:17 PM

I don't know if you guys noticed but its ironic because this is a tournament for multiple sclerosis, and our unit is MS. It's a play on the abbreviation, get it?

#5 Arkbird_

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 121 posts

Count me in on that 1v1 action.

#6 Hydrocarbon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Qualifier
  • WC 2017 Qualifier
  • 659 posts

This sounds like a lot of fun, esp with a lot of big units already involved!

BTW, why aren't there any "Admiral" units listed? :P

Edited by Hydrocarbon, 20 January 2016 - 06:19 PM.

#7 fbj

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 239 posts
  • LocationBethlehem, PA

Posted 20 January 2016 - 06:18 PM

Come support a good cause!

#8 UndoneJin

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 06:21 PM

I am genuinely proud that I have been apart of organizing all three of the Invitationals and I couldn't be more excited to see the evolution of the tournament from a simple summer bracket tournament into a series of events, including a larger scale tournament than ever, all with the goal of raising awareness and funds for Multiple Sclerosis. I can honestly say the prior two Invitationals (Remnant and SiG Invitationals, respectively) have provided some of the best competitive MWO I've ever gotten to participate in, watch, and cast. The games are intense, close, and above all, fun! I can't wait to see what the third installment of the Invitational brings, but also to see how much money we can raise for MS awareness and research!

Feel free to contact me at undonejin@gmail.com with any questions. We are also looking for casters (again, email me - ASAP!).

#9 Mr G

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 129 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 06:21 PM

Totally cool. Who ever thought that killing a lot of robots could help people? Let's make it work!

#10 =E X E C U T O R=

• Pip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 06:27 PM

MS has the full support of her wolf allies. we have not forgotten all the help during season 2 of CW and the community we have built together. keep up the good work.

#11 Star Wolves Admin Account

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 06:27 PM

Sounds like a great cause guys, very nice of you to put it on. o7

#12 Ax2Grind

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 816 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 06:53 PM

Looking forward to it! Big thanks to the organizers for making this happen!

#13 Kin3ticX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,926 posts
  • LocationSalt Mines of Puglandia

Posted 20 January 2016 - 07:45 PM

I nominate Sader and FBJ to stream the whole thing

#14 Xavier

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 473 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 07:49 PM

Playing video games to raise money for charity............THIS IS AN AWESOME WORLD WE LIVE IN!!!!

View PostKin3ticX, on 20 January 2016 - 07:45 PM, said:

I nominate Sader and FBJ to stream the whole thing

i CAN STEP IN IF ONE OF THEM NEEDS A FEW MINUTES TO THEMSELVES

#15 Philadelphia Collins

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 114 posts
  • LocationCookin some dirty burgers

Posted 20 January 2016 - 09:09 PM

Looking forward to some good fights and supporting a good cause!

#16 ExArcK

Rookie

• Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 7 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 21 January 2016 - 07:11 PM

Great cause, good teams, and prizes? Very LeGiT. :D

#17 Sabremase

Rookie

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 03:04 PM

Awesome to see this! I am down for some hot 1v1 action, and I even joined the donation team!

#18 Conreg

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 111 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 22 January 2016 - 06:33 PM

Great cause, great teams. I'm looking forward to this, and am proud to see people in THIS community working together like this.
We'll be sure to give everyone a show worth tuning in to and will be spreading the word!

#19 Antonius Rex

• PipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 93 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 24 January 2016 - 06:20 PM

View PostConreg, on 22 January 2016 - 06:33 PM, said:

Great cause, great teams. I'm looking forward to this, and am proud to see people in THIS community working together like this.
We'll be sure to give everyone a show worth tuning in to and will be spreading the word!

Thanks Dude! Appreciate all your support :)

#20 Quietruck

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 59 posts
  • LocationOklahoma City, OK

Posted 27 January 2016 - 03:24 PM

Sounds like alot of fun.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users