The Mercstar Invitational Charity Series

23 replies to this topic

#21 cSand

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,589 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh

Posted 27 January 2016 - 03:39 PM

Do you have to be invited to do the 1v1 part?

Love me some 1v1

#22 Xiphias

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 862 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 08:13 AM

View PostcSand, on 27 January 2016 - 03:39 PM, said:

Do you have to be invited to do the 1v1 part?

Love me some 1v1

1v1 should be open to join. We'd be glad to have you. get in touch with Tony, Saace, or Jin to sign up.

#23 Jman5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 10:00 AM

I have been looking around, but I can't find any results. Where are they being recording?

#24 Antonius Rex

• PipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 93 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 12 March 2016 - 10:24 PM

Ladies and Gentlemen, Mech Jocks and Robot Fans!

We are proud to announce the final event in the MercStar Invitational, The 1v1 Brawlapalooza!

This event will consist of 4 separate double elimination 1v1 tournaments spanning all 4 weight classes with the goal of raising money for the National Multiple Sclerosis Charity.

Time/Date: Saturday, April 2nd, 2016. (all times in Eastern Time Zone)
Light Event 12pm-3pm
Medium Event 3pm- 6pm
Heavy Event 6pm-9pm
Assault Event 9pm-12am

Registration: We are taking a maximum of 48 participants per sub-event. Doors open 30 minutes prior to sub-event start time. It will be first come, first serve registration, done entirely through ts

Entry Fee: There will be a suggested 5$ donation to the cause. This is not mandatory, but it would be awesome for participants to help out with the charity.
http://main.national...eam&fr_id=27778

Rules:
- Must have access to and be logged on to the -MS- teamspeak hub
- 2 Robots enter. 1 Robot Leaves
- All fights are 1v1 only
- All fights must occur entirely in the dueling area.
- No Flamers
- No ECM
- No Streak SRM's
- Any mechs may be chosen, but,
- Mechs must be from the appropriate weight class for sub-event. i.e L/M/H/A
- All movement and fighting starts at Referee's whistle
- After a player has won a match, the pilot needs to exit the arena or suicide as quickly as possible
- Timing will likely be tight for this event, so please be quick on being prepared, readying up, and helping move things along.
- Have your mech(s) prepared before the start of the event. We will not have time to wait for people to set up mechs between rounds.
- If any rules are broken, that player shall count his current match as a loss, and may be subject to destruction by any available spectators
- Double Elimination. Upon losing your first match, you will be moved to the losers bracket. Upon losing your second match, you will be out of the event
- And lastly, kill the bad guy in front of you. Or die trying.

Map Location Rules: (these are general outlines. Further instructions will be provided by event staff before the match starts)
- Map is based off of player size in the group
- all 12v12 or less sized groups play on Tournmaline
- all 6v6 or less sized groups play on HPG
- all 3v3 or less sized groups play on Polar Highlands
- Finals are on Terrible Therma

Tourmaline: Fights will take place entirely in the E4/E5 Pit. The giant Sarlacc pit. you can't miss it. You also can't leave it until either you win or you die.
HPG: Fights will take place on the top platform in the middle of the map, with the upwards ramps being the starting area. Falling off the top platform will result in a loss.
Polar Highlands: Fights will take place in the J6 Outpost. These fights will have a little more space to work with, but players must stay within the confines of the outpost.
Terra Therma: Fights will take place in the central platform of the volcano. The VERY center. Starting locations being the ramps leading to central platform.

Prizes:
- Prize support has been generously supplied by Harebrained Schemes (HBS) and Piranha Games (PGI)
- PGI has given out a bunch of MC for our events.
- HBS donated some awesome Battletech original artwork, signed by Jordan Weisman, the creator of Battletech!
- Antonius Rex will be producing some additional prizes and will be mailing out prizes to the winners.
- I think there are some other prizes MercStar Personnel will be donating to the event

Any questions and such, you can hit up Antonius Rex on the MS Ts

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users