Gameplay

11 replies to this topic

#1 Jman5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 11:32 AM

I would like to see two stats added to the End of Round page to better show how a player did. There is plenty of room if they slided the Mech, Status, and Match score columns to the left more.

1. Kill Most Damage Dealt: This is a pretty obvious one. It's a better metric than kills or assist so I think it's worth adding.

2. Objective Score:

One of the things that is really lacking in a lot of the game modes is that it doesn't show your contribution to the non-kill objective. I've seen plenty of games where a couple of players single handedly won a conquest game by doggedly staying on top of the resource points. Yet they get no recognition on the team scoreboard. Or there is one player who responsibly targets all the base structures in Community warfare while his team is just fighting the other mechs. If PGI wants to encourage people to actually care about the objectives, they need to add this stuff to the Team Stat page.

Conquest:

You get points for capping or uncapping resource points.

+1 point for every capturing tic
+5 points to uncap enemy resource point
+5 points to turn a neutral resource point to your team.

Assault:

+1 point for every capturing tic
+10 points for defensive kill bonus

Community Warfare (attackers):

Just add up all the damage a player does to Turrets, generators, and Omega.

Community Warfare (defenders):

This would require a new stat to be created, but it would work like Savior Kill or Defensive Kill bonus. If a player shoots at a base asset like Generators and Turrets and you help kill him within 10 seconds, you get a Defender Kill bonus (or whatever you want to call it). Basically to reward people who are smartly taking down the guys who are burning down your base instead of targeting a less important target.

Fun Bonus Addition: add up the damage, kills, assists, etc the dropships and base defense do to the opposing team and add it to the scoreboard. MVP dropships deserve some recognition too!

Edited by Jman5, 20 January 2016 - 01:51 PM.

#2 Tyler Valentine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Corporal
  • 1,472 posts
  • LocationChandler, Arizona

Posted 20 January 2016 - 11:40 AM

View PostJman5, on 20 January 2016 - 11:32 AM, said:

2. Objective Score:

One of the things that I think is really lacking in a lot of the game modes is that it doesn't show your contribution to the non-kill objective. I've seen plenty of games where a couple of players single handedly won a conquest game by doggedly staying on top of the resource points. Yet they get no recognition in the scoreboard. Or there is one player who responsibly targets all the base structures in Community warfare while his team is just fighting the other mechs. If PGI wants to encourage people to actually care about the objectives, they need to add this stuff to the Team Stat page.

+1

Should definitely promote more role warfare.

Good post.

#3 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 20 January 2016 - 11:48 AM

Excellent ideas!

Now please condense them to 140 characters and Tweet Russ, so there is a chance PGI might noticed and even adopt them.

#4 Jman5

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 12:02 PM

View PostAppogee, on 20 January 2016 - 11:48 AM, said:

Excellent ideas!

Now please condense them to 140 characters and Tweet Russ, so there is a chance PGI might noticed and even adopt them.

One step ahead of you!

Posted Image Posted Image

#5 DAYLEET

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 20 January 2016 - 12:07 PM

Last time they changed the end game Scoreboard they hid it behind the CbillsRewardBoard. good luck...

#6 Jman5

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 12:13 PM

View PostDAYLEET, on 20 January 2016 - 12:07 PM, said:

Last time they changed the end game Scoreboard they hid it behind the CbillsRewardBoard. good luck...

On the plus side we know that most of these stats are already tracked so it's just a matter of displaying them on a different page. The only one that might take a little more effort for PGI is the CW defender one.

#7 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 20 January 2016 - 12:30 PM

View PostJman5, on 20 January 2016 - 12:13 PM, said:

might take a little more effort for PGI

Uh oh, I think I just detected a fatal flaw in our cunning plan :(

#8 Roadkill

• 3,610 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 12:32 PM

I'd also like to see your match score displayed on the individual stats screen. That's really the only thing missing from that screen... most of the time I'd probably never look at the team stats screen if match score were available on the individual stats screen.

#9 Revis Volek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 20 January 2016 - 12:34 PM

They could also make it bigger, everyone complains about not being able to see there badges or they are too small to even make out.

So why is there multiple inches of screen leftover on all 4 sides of the window? Why not make it fill the window so we old dudes who need bifocals and such can actually see something without rubbing noses with the screen.

Posted Image

Edited by Revis Volek, 20 January 2016 - 12:34 PM.

#10 M T

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 351 posts
  • LocationGouda, South Holland

Posted 20 January 2016 - 08:29 PM

It was a load of Horse crap that they forced player stats by default on us.

1: it couldve been an optional option

2: it couldve been side byside, indeed plenty of space

But no, PGI wanted our new steam players to see how much CBILLS THEY EARNED! WHoopie!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm getting tired of having to click a button after each intensive match.

Edited by MTs Cavia Porcellus, 20 January 2016 - 08:29 PM.

#11 Sagamore

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 930 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 20 January 2016 - 11:42 PM

There is a lot of rich statistical information around weapon and mechs that would be cool to see post match as well on the personal stats screen.

Like for instance, I would be interested to know after playing a mech out of my collection how my performance stacked up to my average match with that mech or let me know if its a personal best.

#12 Jman5

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 11:59 AM

View PostRevis Volek, on 20 January 2016 - 12:34 PM, said:

They could also make it bigger, everyone complains about not being able to see there badges or they are too small to even make out.

So why is there multiple inches of screen leftover on all 4 sides of the window? Why not make it fill the window so we old dudes who need bifocals and such can actually see something without rubbing noses with the screen.

Posted Image

I imagine because they have to design for people playing on potato laptops with terrible resolution.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users