5 replies to this topic

#1 Poopaw

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10 posts
  • LocationNottingham, England

Posted 23 January 2016 - 04:08 PM

hi, been playing few weeks but just done quick games always, just wondering how or where i can start to play with some regular ppl or do the faction warfare stuff?

i tried to go into LFG but i dont really get it, sinc eit doesnt let you talk to people.

#2 Darkspart3n

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 41 posts
  • LocationThe Outer Rim

Posted 23 January 2016 - 04:24 PM

I'm sure some of the groups would love to take you, there is a recruitment subsection in the forums so you can start your search there. As to faction play there is a faction play tab right next to the quick play tab, from there you can select a faction to play for. All of the factions that have clan in the name use clan mechs, the rest use IS (inner sphere) so depending on what mechs you own or want to use in CW will affect what faction you will want to play for.

Finding a group with a dedicated teamspeak or VOIP equivalent will make the learning process much easier as someone will be able to directly walk you through it and answer any questions you have right then, instead of having to wait for people to respond on the forums. Best of luck in your search!

~Dark

EDIT: http://mwomercs.com/...s-inner-sphere/ this link will take you to the inner sphere recruitment page, I would recommend starting here

Edited by Darkspart3n, 23 January 2016 - 04:26 PM.

#3 Poopaw

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10 posts
  • LocationNottingham, England

Posted 23 January 2016 - 04:42 PM

ah ok thanks alot for the info, is there any difference between the houses or just whatever takes your fancy?

#4 John1352

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,025 posts
  • LocationConnecting....

Posted 23 January 2016 - 04:59 PM

Not really, Steiner, kurita, FRR, Davion, clan wolf and clan jade falcon are typically the well populated ones. If it has clan in the name you will only be able to use clan mechs, otherwise it is innersphere mechs only.

Edit: joining a house/clan is different to joining a unit. Units are player organized groups.

Edited by John1352, 23 January 2016 - 05:01 PM.

#5 MechWarrior4023212

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 367 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Posted 23 January 2016 - 05:46 PM

Being in a unit will get you better teaming up than just joining a faction.

http://mwomercs.com/...ly-environment/

#6 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 24 January 2016 - 01:56 AM

There are 2 basic types of unit, you can join a loyalest unit, that is a unit which is under permanent contract to a faction, or you can join a Mercinary unit, Mercs switch around between all factions.

to find a unit decide which type and if loyalest which faction you want, then look in the relevent subforum here:
http://mwomercs.com/...munity-warfare/

about once a week I am seeing people complain that they picked the wrong unit so I strongly advise visiting a few unit websites, and check the times they are likely to be on, what sort of unit they are (no point a new player joinig a unit which only wants t1 and t2 competitive players) also read the code of conduct assuming there is one.

usualy I would take the opportunity to plug my unit but we are so snowed under with new recruits we have had to close recruitment for a while until we clear the training backlog.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users