Kgc-0000 Lrm Nerf.

25 replies to this topic

#21 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 09:15 AM

If you think that is too good, consider this.

Awesome-8R can do the same LRM60, carry 3 MLs and gets the following benefits better than your KGC-0000:
  • twice the Missile Cooldown buff (8R 30% RLM cooldowns vs. 0000's 15%)
  • Missile heat gen buff of 15% on 8R vs none on 0000
  • same Missile Velocity buff of 10% on both
  • better Energy Cooldown (8R 20% vs 0000 15%) and Laser Duration (8R 25% vs 0000 15%)
  • better Torso Turn Rate Yaw buff, 8R 35% vs 0000 25%
  • 8R has a Torso Turn Angle Yaw buff of 20, none for King Crab
  • King Crab has additional armor on each arm, Awesome has additional Structure on all 3 torsos.

I mean why build something like this when this is just as good? Though honestly both are not the best for either Mech.

I don't own King Crabs but with it's buffs, I would use any Missile slots for SRMs, shorter cooldown so the lower cooldown buff is actually useful and no complaints about the lack of a Heat Gen quirk. If I had to do LRMs, either 4LRM5 or a pair of something but not 4LRM15. Doubt I would use 4LRM15 on the 8R either, it used to be good with 4ARLM15 years ago but not today.

#22 Fobhopper

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crusader
  • The Crusader
  • 344 posts
  • LocationClan Nova Cat agent working for Davion

Posted 28 January 2016 - 10:47 AM

Dont let everyone here be a debbie downer. I own 4 king crabs, and run them all over the place. I have a dual-gauss KGC, I have an dual ac20 KGC, I have a quad UAC5 KGC. But the KGC I have the most fun running is the LRM60 KGC, just because I love to fight against the meta, and watch my team ***** about it. Not only is it a troll build, but its a damn fun troll build that usually gets 600 to 1400 damage a match depending on the map.

I have been playing since closed beta, and a solid tier 3 (I could easily get to tier 2, but doing nothing but playing the same meta mechs over and over again is boring as hell. I can tell you there is nothing wrong with LRM's as a weapon system. And there is nothing wrong about using them. But keep in mind it does have 2 solid 'lurming' curves. the first learning curve being how to properly lock up and hit mechs. Second 'lurming' curve is understanding the maps, how to hit people around/behind cover, and being able blindfire at targets and hit them.

I can tell you that there is nothing wrong using LRM's in higher tier levels because hardly anyone equips an AMS (literally talk to almost anyone tier 3 to 1 and they will tell you an AMS is worthless because no one runs LRM's because lrms suck and an AMS is a waste of tonnage). I will tell you that all assault mechs, and almost all heavy mechs should have an AMS. And punish those who are foolish enough to not run one.

I love the LRM60 KGC, but I would recommend dropping one of the LRM 15s's and putting on a large laser, and put machine guns in your arms with some ammo. You wont run out of ammo as quickly, have better heat management, and be a little bit more prepared offensively when light mechs come knocking on your back door (because honestly no one is ever afraid of 2 medium lasers). If you want a little more 'meta build', go with 2 lrm 15+A, 2 large lasers and machineguns, with 325 engine.

#23 JC Daxion

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 11:33 AM

View PostInspectorG, on 28 January 2016 - 08:46 AM, said:

So, if you look at 12 vs 12 environment of MWO and notice how the Pug that gets a 3 mech lead first USUALLY rolls the other team that is because of the game structure.

that can be true.. But i have seen more games swap down 4 or 5 mechs that i can't even count um all. I swear just down 2-3 mechs, and pulling a win happens to me as much as i get steam rolled.. Really more of my matches are just close and then they take a turn one way or another at about the 6 min mark.

This is strictly about PUG's.. I agree in the group cue, though it still can happen, it is lots more rare.

#24 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,586 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 28 January 2016 - 02:31 PM

View PostJC Daxion, on 28 January 2016 - 08:24 AM, said:

... other than that i never would put more than one block of 15's.

As an LRM user, I'll state that I never really boat. For my assaults, I typically have anywhere from a single LRM10 rack (oh no, I can't see them, well here's bit of help till I can) to a max of 2 LRM15s. My Stalker (I believe this is still it's build) and King Crab each have LRM15 launchers, mixed with other direct fire weapons. I know, I know. Mixed/balanced/bracketed builds and such... but I've run each to good effect, and they have been able to deal with a multitude of tactical problems. (Then again, I typically aim to fill in odd roles, such as defensive support, where I protect support assets while contributing to their fire.)

I find boating IS LRMs is asking for more trouble than it's worth. LRMs are fun, but I don't chance on that 180m minimum range. I hate not being able to fight back...

#25 epikt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 03:19 PM

View PostWildstreak, on 28 January 2016 - 09:15 AM, said:

Doubt I would use 4LRM15 on the 8R either, it used to be good with 4ARLM15 years ago but not today.

It still works. But not with your slow engine build. More something like that: max engine, artemis, loads of ammo, ditch the lasers (not heat-efficient) and the BAP (it you find yourself in a situation where you might need it then you made a mistake).
Actually, it's the only decent assault LRM-boat, all the rest is a waste of tonnage (and I'm sad when in the OP I read "kgc is just way too good as a lrm boat" Posted Image ). And I personally prefer faster and more mobile mechs (HBK-4J or CPLT-C1) for this job, because they are better to keep the good distance for an LRM boat, which is between 250 and 500 meters.

#26 InspectorG

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 4,469 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 28 January 2016 - 03:54 PM

View PostJC Daxion, on 28 January 2016 - 11:33 AM, said:

that can be true.. But i have seen more games swap down 4 or 5 mechs that i can't even count um all. I swear just down 2-3 mechs, and pulling a win happens to me as much as i get steam rolled.. Really more of my matches are just close and then they take a turn one way or another at about the 6 min mark.

This is strictly about PUG's.. I agree in the group cue, though it still can happen, it is lots more rare.

In Puglandia the streaks of getting rolled, rofl stomping the reds, and turing back the tide of doom is random and can be pretty streaky.

Before the holidays i was fighting the fight of futility, me and 2-3 other decent pilots trying to carry the rest to no avail. T2 badge of office, im sure.
Now i have nice even and well fought matches since i came back. Much fun.

But just on a hypothetical basis, 3 mechs up seems to be the threshold unless the winning team messes up, or the blue has that light comp that can carry a late win.

12 vs 9 is 3 less choices for 12 to make, 3 less guns for 9, and if 12 keeps pressure with rotations of mechs/firing lines then 9 best have some clutch pilots or it becomes 11 v 7, 11 v 6...quickly.

But yeah, in Puglandia anything can happen, but odds are odds.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users