• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 27 January 2016 - 02:00 PM

View PostSarlic, on 27 January 2016 - 11:16 AM, said:

Look i'm trying to bash PGI here

Yes you are. Stop lying to yourself... and everyone else for that matter.

And I'm a model poster (and Most Valuable Poster as well) on the Star Citizen forums. It was you and your buddies that ended up getting the MWO thread shut down with the constant personal attacks and shitposting.

Edited by Heffay, 27 January 2016 - 02:05 PM.

#42 Sarlic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 27 January 2016 - 02:16 PM

View PostHeffay, on 27 January 2016 - 02:00 PM, said:

Yes you are. Stop lying to yourself... and everyone else for that matter.

And I'm a model poster (and Most Valuable Poster as well) on the Star Citizen forums. It was you and your buddies that ended up getting the MWO thread shut down with the constant personal attacks and shitposting.

I think we're done here. I was hoping to get more constructive posts from you.

As for model poster? If you mean overly White Knightning as some others claim you doing it well i don't go personal in that. Everyone have a different opinion on that but today you aren't contructive here with me and just waves at it. It's no problem as long i know that you aren't serious.

I never registered at the Star Citizen forums and those aren't my ''buddies''. I lurked here and there.

In fact i had always a skeptical look on MWO but that doesnt mean i was constantly negative. I had great contributions, discussions and so on. I am sure you did as well.

But whatever you say so, Heffay.

Good luck out there and i hope to meet you on BattleTech on the field.

Edited by Sarlic, 27 January 2016 - 02:19 PM.

#43 MarineTech

• The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 2,969 posts
  • LocationRunning rampant in K-Town

Posted 27 January 2016 - 04:05 PM

Sarlic... If you hate this game so ******* much. Go. Seriously. Just go. I'm sure we'll all be able to muddle along without you some how.

Obsession. It's not just a cologne from Calvin Klein any more. Evidently it's Sarlic's life as well.

#44 Sarlic

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 27 January 2016 - 11:47 PM

View PostMarineTech, on 27 January 2016 - 04:05 PM, said:

Sarlic... If you hate this game so ******* much. Go. Seriously. Just go. I'm sure we'll all be able to muddle along without you some how.

Obsession. It's not just a cologne from Calvin Klein any more. Evidently it's Sarlic's life as well.

Member Since 01 Feb 2014

Resident of Tier K-Town

This is why i don't take you serious. Ergo:

I don't know you and i don't care. Goodbye. You should control your assumptions.

The OP start flinging poop to another developer. I defended it and backed up for reasons. So little he knew so i started to fling back for a good reason. Retired or- not in some cases you have to make your point to entitled people who scream death and murder for no reason. And no, i don't hate the game. It's a pretty good base game.

But thanks for your (worthless) post. Much appreciated. I mean it really added to the discussion as far i could tell. You hopped in, dropped a bash and continue to echo-chamb in the General Discussion flooding the forums with some 'excellent' posts.

I think i have done my word here as the OP chickened out and other posters aren't getting contructive at all.

Edited by Sarlic, 27 January 2016 - 11:53 PM.

#45 MarineTech

• The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 2,969 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 03:56 AM

And you signature line is the exact reason I classify you as a whiney little ***** that feels the world somehow owes him a favor.

If you're going to go. GO. Stand behind your convictions and your word.

#46 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 28 January 2016 - 04:27 AM

View PostSarlic, on 27 January 2016 - 08:25 AM, said:

Posted Image

Right. I think it's pretty clear where i am aiming at.

the problem with the way you want it is that it requires a complete redesign at each stage, if PGI had taken the "not like this" way MWO would have probably have had all the required functionality in long ago, because they took the "like this" way, with all sorts of temporary stuff which has needed to be upgraded and replaced several times, it is still being worked on.

going from a skateboard scooter requires a complete redesign, as does scooter to bicycle, bicycle to motorcycle and motorcycle to Automobile.

however if you start with one wheel, then 2 wheels, then the chassis, then the mechanics and electronics before putting it all together you will reach the end product in maybe a quarter or at most half the time of if you go through the individual stages like in your "like this" method

#47 Sarlic

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 28 January 2016 - 05:25 AM

View PostMarineTech, on 28 January 2016 - 03:56 AM, said:

And you signature line is the exact reason I classify you as a whiney little ***** that feels the world somehow owes him a favor.

If you're going to go. GO. Stand behind your convictions and your word.

*Rolls eyes*

As for the record, i do stand behind my words. I haven't played or backed up since.

WIthout offending you i am going to ignore you from now on as occasionally drop one lines in both General Discussions and other subfora. With all respect i ended my support but that does not leave my opinion and stance when a guy intentionally bashes a other developer (whom i support) with a 'own' developer probaly in a much worse shape. This developer does not deserve to be kicked in the balls for no reason.

The irony can't be thicker.

See you.

View PostRogue Jedi, on 28 January 2016 - 04:27 AM, said:

the problem with the way you want it is that it requires a complete redesign at each stage, if PGI had taken the "not like this" way MWO would have probably have had all the required functionality in long ago, because they took the "like this" way, with all sorts of temporary stuff which has needed to be upgraded and replaced several times, it is still being worked on.

going from a skateboard scooter requires a complete redesign, as does scooter to bicycle, bicycle to motorcycle and motorcycle to Automobile.

however if you start with one wheel, then 2 wheels, then the chassis, then the mechanics and electronics before putting it all together you will reach the end product in maybe a quarter or at most half the time of if you go through the individual stages like in your "like this" method

Thanks.

It's nice to see you come up with these thoughts, however in my opinion you are putting it in a wrong way. It depends how you see it.

Edit: Sorry i had to read your post again, i guess we're both neither good or wrong. In my opinion:

PGI did go the NOT LIKE THIS way. They just basically did go for a system that is minimal, but nevertheless complete. It is an one step at a time system. Nothing wrong with that but the way PGI develop and implents things does hurt the system. The overall development pace is terribly slow.

Each step on LIKE THIS WAY represents a stage with gets better at the time. After each step a full, funcional and rich feature is ready instead of a ongoing never-ending/complete feature and then just add small half biased upgrades and leave it half-assed and that's exactly what PGI does on NOT LIKE THIS.

A great example is C.W. and VOIP. Both fits that image perfectly.

PGI is 'building parts' just to please the crowd enough by a margin.

Like i said earlier in my posts and i agree on your point that some stages needs to be redesigned. But unfortunately this will never happen as PGI are not willing to change their strategy. But if people are happy for what PGI is currently doing then that's fine. I'm not here to spit on it.

Now back to the two given examples. Let's take VOIP.

Posted Image

I don't have to explain it i am sure you get it. I also would glad to forward you to here.

This would be my final post in this thread as i think i have said enough already regarding PGI and HBS specifically aimed at OP.

Thanks for the discussion and i hope to see you on BattleTech as well, Rogue Jedi.

See you around. Posted Image

Edited by Sarlic, 28 January 2016 - 06:48 AM.

#48 Sarlic

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 28 January 2016 - 11:15 AM

View PostMarack Drock, on 28 January 2016 - 11:02 AM, said:

Garlic you do know by staying on the forums you are indirectly supporting PGI. They count you as an active player and so PGI makes more money because of player base. The larger the player base the more money they can get from other companies. So by being active on these forums you are supporting PGI.

I just love people like you. Dropping lines where they have no knowlegde of.
Have you seen me posting anywere else on the forums? Or hell even 'indirect' supporting PGI?

Something tells me you are incredible mature. Do i need to point my sarcasmn? Just because you namecall someone to make your point made up from imagination emtpy space in your brain doesnt make you right to call out.

I just came here for a single login today as someone bashed a other developer unrightfully.

What you do with the outcome is up to you.

But hey whatever floats your boat, 'bro'.

See you.

Edited by Sarlic, 28 January 2016 - 11:17 AM.

#49 Heffay

Rum Runner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 28 January 2016 - 11:26 AM

View PostSarlic, on 28 January 2016 - 11:15 AM, said:

See you.

You're about as effective at quitting this thread as you are quitting MWO.

#50 LegendaryArticuno

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 664 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 04:30 PM

The main purpose of my opening post was to provide a cautionary tale.

HBS is very good at making KickStarter campaigns, whereas their games lack substance, polish and they come off as very "indie". HBS spends an enormous time and resources on their KickStarter rewards just so they can lure in more donations.

The only indie developer I would trust to make a good quality Battletech game with great gameplay and an engaging campaign would be Supergiant Games, the makers of Bastion and Transistor.

#51 Sparks Murphey

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,953 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 28 January 2016 - 06:52 PM

View PostMarack Drock, on 28 January 2016 - 05:37 PM, said:

I loved them and I donated to this kickstarter and would gladly do it again.

Same. I didn't back the first Shadowrun KS, because I was skeptical about an unknown developer. I bought it later after it came out on Steam and had good reviews, and found that I did indeed like it. I went on to back both Dragonfall and Hong Kong, both of which were games that not only continued the good standard, but actually improved upon it based on feedback from the previous games.

The Shadowrun series has shown me that HBS actually get how to make a Kickstarter game, in particular that they know not to let their dreams get carried away above and beyond their ability to deliver on them (looking at you, The Stomping Land). They take a concept, they keep it small, and they polish it until it gleams. Scope creep kills games. I'm sorry the OP considers that to be "shallow", but not everything can be bells and whistles. Perhaps the OP should take a crack at developing his or her own game with the features he or she wants. If I think it's viable, I might even back it on Kickstarter too.

#52 LegendaryArticuno

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 664 posts

Posted 27 February 2016 - 09:14 PM

After taking all that money... they still have nothing to show for it.

Probably got half their staff working on the next kickstarter campaign.

#53 MarineTech

• The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 2,969 posts

Posted 28 February 2016 - 02:24 AM

View PostLegendaryArticuno, on 27 February 2016 - 09:14 PM, said:

After taking all that money... they still have nothing to show for it.

Seriously? It's only been 3 months since the Kickstarter ended. You have no concept whatsoever of what it takes to make a game of this scale, do you?

#54 t Khrist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 656 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThe Mitten

Posted 28 February 2016 - 10:09 AM

View PostMarack Drock, on 28 February 2016 - 09:22 AM, said:

... I think what he does is compare all games to simple flash games made by college students who are drunk on tequila and vodka while they are smoking their joints. Either that or that is what he does before posting his ignorant comments.

That's funny, because the way you speak is as though you too are ignorant; of things such as tequila, vodka, and joints. Those are irrelevant, please do not bring them into the discussion as a means of excuse.

Excuse for the college kids poor flash games that is. Not you :).

And maybe that pokemon person was referencing SC.. you know.. since he gave no context at all..

Nah, you're right, he's totally going for HBS.

Let us just recline, and laugh.

#55 xengk

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 2,502 posts
  • LocationKuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Posted 29 February 2016 - 06:37 AM

View PostcSand, on 26 January 2016 - 09:30 PM, said:

I think it is too soon to be making such judgements

Wait until the anniversary of the kickstarter "kickoff", then see where it is at.

Personally I liked Shadowrun. But, replay value was pretty much nil. The latter 2 of the 3 games were much better than the first one, BTW.
---

edit:

You know, it would almost be worth it, if HBS did f**k the dog n this one. Just cause watching this forum erupt would be so intense, your monitor would shoot lava out of it into your eyeballs...

edit 2, in which csand "runs with the ball"

...,then your head would explode, and from the stump of your neck would emit a huge beam. This would happen to all people who read the forum, or funded the kickstarter, doubly powerful from those who did both, all those beams would combine, forming a giant circle of clouds in the sky that was bright blue. This circle would eventually reach a critical point when it would close up, and after a brief second of peace, the world would be torched from top to bottom. And the only man left alive would be Jordan Weisman, sitting alone at a computer desk in a barren wasteland that is planet earth, with an several APC battery backup powering his laptop which contained only a rough copy of Battletech, but to his dismay, there will be no replay value, because it was a half-assed game... leaving him alone, in the desert, with only the universe staring down at him, mocking him. Until one day he hears a motor approaching, and feebly he waves his arms to attract attention if possible. The motor approaches and stop, and footsteps are heard. Then he hears a voice. It's Russ. He has gone mad over the years, cradling a 5000 page paper spool, and a dvd copy of the MWO client. He can't speak properly. He keeps saying "ghost heat" and "3pv" and "CW phase 3 is coming soon". But all he wants is his art assets back, he plans of reforming PGI. Unable to communicate his message to JW properly through his madness babble, JW becomes scared, and bashes Russ with his laptop, destroying it, and the art assets it holds. Russ enters a rage, strangling JW with the spool of paper.
What was on the printed papers?
A full content printout of the entire MWO forums. The last thing JW sees as his consciousness fades is a forum post, by Paul, explaining that he is leaving PGI to join HBS as head balance technician. Devoid of hope and filled with despair, he drifts into the abyss, his corpse lying in the same spot for millenia until the very earth is consumed by the sun, the universe eventually slows, and again there is nothing in the endless expanse, nothing that is except the DVD Russ was clutching. Which eventually over the trillions of years becomes the catalyst for the next big bang, reigniting the universe with such violence and beauty that no being will ever witness or comprehend.

Such would be the rage of the forumites. So as you see, HBS cannot fail, everything is on the line here

Beautiful.

#56 rolly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 995 posts
  • LocationDown the street from the MWO server

Posted 29 February 2016 - 08:23 AM

View PostLegendaryArticuno, on 26 January 2016 - 09:27 PM, said:

Sorry this will be some harsh criticism, but I'm shaking my head at their KickStarter campaign in which they raised over 2.7 million.

First off I'd like to say Shadowrun was incredibly overrated and I truly regret purchasing it during the Steam Sale.

Back to the upcoming Battletech game, what HBS does best is make KickStarter videos rather than games with longevity. Looking at the early in-engine video, I can immediately see that this game will be more shallow than MechCommander Gold, which offered real time gameplay and control of up to 3 lances.

As of right now, it looks like most of the development has gone into making graphics for KickStarter rewards and backer goals.

PGI, I hope you were compensated for 'sharing' those Mech assets and designs.

You must be a Millennial or something. There is an ancient saying perhaps you are aware of it: Caveat Emptor. Buyer beware. Even then you must be new since you have no idea how much this game raised on its minimum viable product. As I recall it was twice what HBS raised on its Founder packs alone for very little progress for nearly two years.

#57 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 01 March 2016 - 09:59 PM

We're reviewing, rating, and passing judgement on games that aren't even released yet?Posted Image

#58 Exilyth

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,100 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 04 March 2016 - 03:46 PM

Talking about Shadowrun: Dragonfall... did HBS fix the bug in the Apex mission yet?

36 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 36 guests, 0 anonymous users