• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,010 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 27 January 2016 - 08:45 AM

The Hellbringer and the Urban Mech are the only ones with only 3 Variants

I know the Hellbringer could use a 4th

Anyone know how to submit a question for the town hall?

#2 CDLord HHGD

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 27 January 2016 - 08:46 AM

Not sure how to submit for a townhall, but here's a link with Hellbringer options so you can use it in your question.
http://www.sarna.net...lbringer_(Loki)

#3 Aethon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 2,037 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, Niles, Kerensky Cluster

Posted 27 January 2016 - 08:52 AM

As a fan of the Clan who designed the Stormcrow, Nova and Hellbringer, I would naturally love to see more of them, no matter which ones we get.

As someone who has run out of different builds to try on his Hellbringer, however, I would like to see something fairly different, rather than the same hardpoints with different quirks, as with the Summoner C.

EDIT: Looks like the Alternate F variant is the only one that would fit our current techbase.

Edited by Aethon, 27 January 2016 - 09:02 AM.

#4 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 27 January 2016 - 08:53 AM

There's none currently available in the game models.

A few are remaining, such as a Dual AMS Timby, The Summoner M, all of R2 have an extra variant (Gauss Knight, left arm laser Wolfie, Torso Crab and Reverse Dakka arm, Laser Torso Mauler).

Not much for the newer mechs...but LegoMechs™ should be notoriously easy to add new Pods to. Copy-Pasta that weapon texture onto an already available flat, matte black weapons space. Bam, new omnipod (along with the hardpoint code, weapon visuals, etc...)

#5 process

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel II
  • Star Colonel II
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 08:56 AM

Looks like Hellbringer F is the only one compatible with current technology, and already buildable with current omnipods.

Alt. Config. F This variant carries a pair of LB 10-X's, one in each arm, supported by an ER Medium Laser. Another pair of ER Medium Lasers and a single SRM-6 launcher round out the weapons. BV (2.0) = 1,839[3][14]

You should be able to ask your question in the townhall thread and hope it gets picked.

Edited by process, 27 January 2016 - 08:57 AM.

#6 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 27 January 2016 - 09:01 AM

View Postprocess, on 27 January 2016 - 08:56 AM, said:

Looks like Hellbringer F is the only one compatible with current technology, and already buildable with current omnipods.
You should be able to ask your question in the townhall thread and hope it gets picked.

If I'm reading this correctly, this could be a really interesting addition:

RA: 1B 1E
LA: 1B 1E
RT: 1M 1E
LT: 1E

#7 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,010 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 27 January 2016 - 09:02 AM

View Postcdlord, on 27 January 2016 - 08:46 AM, said:

Not sure how to submit for a townhall, but here's a link with Hellbringer options so you can use it in your question.
http://www.sarna.net...lbringer_(Loki)

wow cool link, I had no idea

#8 Lightfoot

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,611 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons

Posted 27 January 2016 - 09:11 AM

3053 gives us the ATM missile systems, that would be later this year which enables the Loki C.

#9 Lord0fHats

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 619 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 09:22 AM

I'd really like a Hellbringer with missile arms. Then I can load up on SRM6s and SPLs and go to town :D If I wanted to be really mean spirited I could make a Skillbringer and use SSRM6s with that ECM to ruin some Artic Cheetah's day :D

#10 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 27 January 2016 - 09:25 AM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 27 January 2016 - 09:01 AM, said:

If I'm reading this correctly, this could be a really interesting addition:

RA: 1B 1E
LA: 1B 1E
RT: 1M 1E
LT: 1E

The only one of those pods that would see common use is the RT, for more high-mounted laser vomitry...

I personally made a derpy custom variant in SSW that had all sorts of weird combos that no C-Bill HBR can do. Stuff like a 4-MG LT (that 3E ECM torso needs a competitor!), arms with missiles + AMS, missile head, and 2-energy RT.

Stock loadout:

Posted Image

Obviously it was made for TT, not MWO (because otherwise armor would be max and there would be fewer weapons, etc.).

This variant was designed such that it would be mediocre all by itself, but it would open up a lot of new combinations with existing pods.

Edited by FupDup, 27 January 2016 - 09:29 AM.

#11 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 27 January 2016 - 10:04 AM

View PostFupDup, on 27 January 2016 - 09:25 AM, said:

The only one of those pods that would see common use is the RT, for more high-mounted laser vomitry...

I personally made a derpy custom variant in SSW that had all sorts of weird combos that no C-Bill HBR can do. Stuff like a 4-MG LT (that 3E ECM torso needs a competitor!), arms with missiles + AMS, missile head, and 2-energy RT.

Stock loadout:

Posted Image

Obviously it was made for TT, not MWO (because otherwise armor would be max and there would be fewer weapons, etc.).

This variant was designed such that it would be mediocre all by itself, but it would open up a lot of new combinations with existing pods.

I feel like you're wanting another Streak Boat, but with ECM....

Too OP, but it still looks good.

#12 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 27 January 2016 - 10:09 AM

View PostScout Derek, on 27 January 2016 - 10:04 AM, said:

I feel like you're wanting another Streak Boat, but with ECM....

Too OP, but it still looks good.

Well, I didn't know what else to give the Loki. It already has ballistic arms and right torso. There are also energy in the arms, head, and left torso. But, the mech only has a max of 2 missile hardpoints, both in the right torso.

Right torso: Already has ballistics and missiles, so energy makes the most sense to add.

Left torso: Already has energy and missile choices, albeit the only viable pod is the 3-energy + ECM one. 4 MGs sure as heck won't dethrone it but at least it's a closer fight than comparing 3E + ECM to just a single damn missile hardpoint...

Arms: Both arms have energy and ballistic options. No missile options means that this is the only choice to add in without creating redundancy. I added AMS because nobody wants to remove their mandatory head laser in exchange for AMS.

Head: Can't do a ballistic head since that could only fit a single MG. Missile still isn't as good as the head laser, but better than just another empty pod.

I just wish that Streaks weren't so poorly designed in the first place, so that we wouldn't have to worry about any mech with missile hardpoints being able to carry them. Posted Image

Edited by FupDup, 27 January 2016 - 10:20 AM.

#13 Ultimax

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,979 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 10:18 AM

I'd love a 4th Hellbringer, and would really love some RT energy because that LT really just gets hammered fast against good players.

#14 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,010 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 27 January 2016 - 03:50 PM

I had one Hellbringer with 4 mgs, 2 LPLs, and LRMs, it was joke build

All these other Mechs have multiple variants I don’t think a 4th Hellbringer is going to break the game by being OP

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users