#21 Hexenhammer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,729 posts
  • LocationKAETETôã

Posted 27 January 2016 - 03:53 PM

View Postchewie, on 27 January 2016 - 02:11 PM, said:

every time i click on the link to read the event, i get a deconstructed webpage....

anyone else getting this?

Posted Image

looks like an ad blocker is running?\

As far people that don't buy packs only being limited to 1mill in the event but if you bought all the packs you could make 14 mil?

It feels sketchy but it is nice PGI is rewarding players paying customers in new ways. But it runs the risk of turning off none paying players which this game needs if it wants to survive.

Edited by Hexenhammer, 27 January 2016 - 04:04 PM.

#22 xX PUG Xx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,721 posts
  • LocationThe other side of nowhere

Posted 27 January 2016 - 03:57 PM

Thank you a PGI, I for one appreciate the "payback" to those that have paid in for these specific 'Mechs; even though I am only eligble for part it.

The simple fact is that if you are going to be playing the game anyway the extra CBills is nice but you were going to be playing anyway. Perhaps focus on the "playing the game" part instead of the "but he/she is getting something I'm not, it's not fair!" part.

IT'S A GAME, PLAY IT!

Eventually there will be an event you are eligible for every reward and someone else won't, them's the breaks but it shouldn't affect your enjoyment of the game. If you see it as NECESSITY to get everything going, I think you should reevaluate your outlook on life.

#23 Mekanïk Destruktïw Kommandöh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 350 posts
  • Location花果山: Water Curtain Cave on the Moutain of Flowers and Fruit

Posted 27 January 2016 - 03:57 PM

Having all these Pokemons, FINALLY I feel satisfied!
Waiting for some special event for Golden mechs and for those, who have 300+ mech :3
Posted Image

Yea, remind me to update this old version someday.

#24 Frytrixa

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 04:00 PM

Good Challenge *thumbs up

#25 Skaav

• PipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Qualifier
  • WC 2017 Qualifier
  • 66 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 04:01 PM

Usually there will be a second, more open event towards the weekend aswell, this is mostly to further reward paying customers
(which I highly encourage !!! :D )

#26 Thunder Child

• The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 1,460 posts
  • LocationOn the other side of the rock now.

Posted 27 January 2016 - 04:04 PM

Love the Pay 2 Win complaints. People will whine about anything.

This is not an event that is giving away HUGE rewards (Like a Free Cicada+Mechbay, free Cicada Camos, free Paints, and free Cicada Cockpit item) to ONLY those that have bought the newest packages with real money.

It's rewarding those that have spent REAL MONEY on the newest stuff, by giving them a few extra C-bills. I don't own any of the Unseen. IF I had the spare change, I may have considered picking up some of them, but I didn't and am waiting till they release for C-bills. I have no complaints about THOSE THAT SUPPORT THE GAME getting a few EXTRA bonuses (because we can all win a free 1,000,000 C-bills), especially when those bonuses are things I could earn in game easily enough with a bit of dedication.

So, quit yer bitchin. Leave that to Betty.

#27 CwStrife

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 247 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 27 January 2016 - 04:43 PM

It'd be nice if the payback was extended to the other mechs that were just released. Would be nice to see say each variant of the warhammer qualifying for something, even if it's only like 500k c-bills. Having only the [S] variants able to receive extra is sort of a slap in the face to me...

But the game is free to play, and I purchase things here and there to show my support so no big deal. Not gonna stop me from playing Posted Image

#28 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 27 January 2016 - 04:45 PM

I love the player's whining "PGI, what have you done for me lately?"

When you buy something at the store, did you go back and ask 6 months later for some additional swag they are not contractually obligated to give you?

If you bought hero mechs, do you remember the summer events they ran FOR EVERY SINGLE HERO available at the time? Note that none of these mechs are technically heroes so this may be the closest they get to such events.

Seriously, you people that haven't dropped a dime on this game in years, forecasted it's doom, and then demand homage...

PGI could ask you; "What have you done for me lately?"

#29 Sorcim

• Pip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11 posts
  • LocationTX, USA

Posted 27 January 2016 - 04:54 PM

COUGH COUGH... My JR7-D(S) variant feels a little ABANDONED!!!! What NO love for a Sarah's Jenner??? That's it, she's turning into BLOODY SARAH and killing everything!!!!

#30 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 27 January 2016 - 05:14 PM

I can see why this would be extended to the special Marauder and Warhammer... give the peeps that bought these redundant mechs a little more value...

#31 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 27 January 2016 - 05:35 PM

View PostSorcim, on 27 January 2016 - 04:54 PM, said:

COUGH COUGH... My JR7-D(S) variant feels a little ABANDONED!!!! What NO love for a Sarah's Jenner??? That's it, she's turning into BLOODY SARAH and killing everything!!!!

Keep that up and they will rename it "Carrie's Jenner"

#32 Luscious Dan

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 27 January 2016 - 05:46 PM

Nice, simple event for people who pay to keep the lights on at the PGI office. I can dig it.

Only able to qualify for the Jenner IIC[O] and Hunchback IIC[O] but that means I might actually get around to painting some damn models this weekend. I'm OK with that! :D

#33 Ironically Ironclad Irony

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • 192 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 05:50 PM

The forecast is is cloudy w/ a good chance of srm36 Jenner IIc this weekend...

#34 Demoned

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 670 posts
  • Locationi Died went to heaven, then died again now I'm in Equestria

Posted 27 January 2016 - 06:47 PM

No real complaints here,
but if its an event to say thank you for buying and supporting us,
then why aren't i seeing the founders mechs added?
after all we did get the ball rolling :P

either why be nice to get an easy couple of mill.

#35 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 27 January 2016 - 07:13 PM

There have been events for founders already... there was a event specifically for founders just last year that allowed you to vote on some actions to be taken by the company...

#36 mikerso

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 367 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 07:32 PM

View PostCallistonian, on 27 January 2016 - 07:22 PM, said:

How about you start making "pay to get ton of additional C-bills" event when the exchange rate get over 95%. Im canadian and no amount of additional stuff will get me into paying an additional 30% "higher price" on any of your "package" or anything like that just cause of the ****** exchange rate. I mean really , even with the early adopter reward at THAT rate it's barely starting to eventually get potentially slightly interesting ... BARELY.

So you're chewing out PGI because of the exchange rate, wow!

Let me try:

PGI! You need to make an event that rewards me for paying a lot for internet. I chose where I live, but expect you to cater to me because of it.

There are some things out of PGI's control. Exchange rate, where you live, and your Internet are some of them. Yes this event rewards paying players. There are also events that reward everyone.

Thank you PGI for the free mil, I will work on my mad, rvn- 3l(s), and ach (s) to get those too.

#37 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 27 January 2016 - 07:34 PM

PGI, Why you no have mechbay reward for this event? I am filled to the gills with discount mechs from previous two sales, but I still need to buy more discount mechs! Posted Image

Edited by El Bandito, 27 January 2016 - 07:35 PM.

#38 Ingga Raokai

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 239 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 27 January 2016 - 07:52 PM

What a timing, just when I bricked my pc... oh well.Posted Image

#39 Slambot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 203 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 08:10 PM

It never ceases to amaze me that so many people who enjoy playing this game are against the company giving players any TINY incentive to spend a little bit of real money. Pay 2 win is when the only way to be competitive is to spend real money to be competitive. The game is LESS pay to win than almost any game of this type you can name. That includes games that are MUCH more successful like World of Tanks.

I could see somebody's point about pay to win if spending real money on the game netted you exclusive mechs that were better than anything out there. As it is, hero mechs are the only ones that require real cash to play and though most are pretty capable, only 1 is the best variant in its chassis. Mech packages are early access only. So EVERYONE gets access to those mechs later for in-game cash.

This game is and hopefully will always be more about skill and team play than about who has premium time or a hero mech.

#40 shaterbane

• PipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 30 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 08:29 PM

My only concern is that with the vast majority of the prizes gated behind a pay wall that it violates my state's anti-gambling laws.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users